Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2188 2189 [2190] 2191 2192 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611350 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32835 on: April 30, 2020, 03:26:07 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-coronavirus-great-success-story-rocking-july-reopen-economy-2020-4

Like I said - the Fox "news" people allowed him to utter complete bullshit without calling him on it.

"But ... I'm very confident that we have all the testing we need to start opening the country [under the administration's guidelines]."

Either he is lying or he is criminally stupid. Ditto his claims that all the governors are satisfied with their current ability to test.

And you are just as bad, but for your having zero power.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32836 on: April 30, 2020, 03:35:12 AM »

More of that "federal success story"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tribes-covid-19-federal-relief-treasury-deb-haaland_n_5ea9decac5b633a8544487d9?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003&fbclid=IwAR1pF_V6x0RfbcDefbExfKVp6JEj-XLvMzyDlJyn9X7XfYYOXbJMhd8TL8E

Tribal governments were supposed to get $8 billion in direct emergency relief from the CARES Act, the $2 trillion COVID-19 stimulus bill that became law on March 27.

More than a month later, they haven’t gotten any of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #32838 on: April 30, 2020, 06:06:54 AM »

And you are just as bad, but for your having zero power.
Oh, come now…….Kid has his own problems. Imagine stumbling around this world for most of your life with your head up your own ass thinking that everything is pretty much hunky-dory and waking up one day to find that in the face of a world-wide pandemic you have the the stupidest, most ignorant, incompetent fraud in the history of the US presidency in charge of your country. Got to be a bit of a come down……

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32839 on: April 30, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics/florida-coronavirus-death-figures-withheld/index.html

Tampa Bay Times: Florida officials asked state's medical examiners to withhold coronavirus death figures

"I don't think there's been a single death under 25."
~Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL)

"Where the fuck hsd he been?"
~Josh

The Florida Department of Health intervened to keep a tally of coronavirus deaths kept by Florida's 22 medical examiners from being released publicly, the Tampa Bay Times reported Wednesday.

The Times said the list from the medical examiners had previously been released in real time, but, after the newspaper reported that the tally was 10% higher than the health department's tally, state officials directed that the list be reviewed and potentially redacted. The pause in reporting, the Times said, has been occurring for nine days.

So many excuses and so few valid reasons.

barton

« Reply #32840 on: April 30, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »

Well.
Isn’t that special.
Obama was chauffeured to his golf course over the weekend while Michelle via a PSA was telling the rest of us to stay at  home. 
LOL.

Got a link to those links, Ward?

Sure. Daily news reports.
Donald Trump has sex monkeys in his apartment in Mar-a-lago.

Daily news reports.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/showbiz/trump-bill-maher-suit/index.html

barton

« Reply #32841 on: April 30, 2020, 09:50:51 AM »

[NYT front page graphic]

I'm going back to bed!  :-)

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #32842 on: April 30, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »

HEY!

I made it! I got back.

Oh you lucky peoples! ( winky )

Here is hoping everyone(?) is well(?).

I don't have time ("I need more time, captain.) right now to go back and see what has been said. Not for lack of interest in what you've said, but lessened interest in the subject matter. I'm not sure why that has been.

Hopefully I will, but I am "shacked up" with a new woman. I'm only a few blocks from the my house, wife and grown daughter, at least for now (yes, I'm bragging. You would too, if you were me.) Point being that I don't have spare time, except for as I set up this computer.

Which reminds me... does anyone know why I can't seem to set up bitlocker on my new (to me) Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed?

I want you all to know that I think of this place and the places before it as happy places. I've enjoyed the time I've otherwise wasted with you. I learned a lot about me, a little about you and a lot about the world from those interactions.

PLAU
Itz ME!
UPD
DPR
Robt
RagstagRagaFragga
several others

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32843 on: April 30, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »

Welcome back to you in all your incarnations, Robt!

I am glad you have made it back. And I will give your technical question some thought, though I freely confess it is not a major area of strength for me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32844 on: April 30, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »

https://lawyerscommittee.org/state-election-law/?fbclid=IwAR2EdRjysxHeNC2kbdEpmekeCP7ECiGfQ9JQAYYVlJFulCMk-xL2d3XK_bQ

State Election Law Overview :o

Done in two tables: By issue and by state.

This comes from The Voting Rights Project of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. I think it is a useful site.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32845 on: April 30, 2020, 12:40:42 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgeyb4/unemployment-numbers-just-keep-getting-worse-and-worse-and-worse-and-worse

47 million unemployed, 42 million recently so.

So far.

Having pushed Bush jr. up one slot further off the bottom of the historical list for economic management, the bleach pusher is gunning hard to replace Herbert Hover for worst of all time status.

Because of this abysmal record, repealing and replacing republicans is becoming the popular trend among a huge majority of Americans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32846 on: April 30, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32847 on: April 30, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »

27 countries that have a higher testing rate than we do also have at least 1,000 cases.

Of those, 23 have lower deaths per million than we do. 4 have higher deaths per million than we do.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32848 on: April 30, 2020, 01:29:16 PM »

You can't make this shit up.

Apparently, Tara Reade's compaint/accusation about Joe Biden aligns with a scene in a novel that her father wrote, prior to the alleged scene with Biden.

https://twitter.com/SallyAlbright/status/1255753538518515717

I'm still pretty leary of Joe wrt this accusation, but that squib sure casts the issue into a different framework!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32849 on: April 30, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »

Hannity's lawyer, Charles Harder, wrote a 12-page letter to the Times demanding it retract some opinion columns that wrote about Hannity's pooh-poohing of the danger and threatening to sue the paper if it didn't.

McCraw's terse, please-stop-wasting-my-time response:

I write in response to your 12-page letter alleging that your client Sean Hannity was defamed by three columns in The New York Times.

The columns are accurate, do not reasonably imply what you and Mr. Hannity allege they do, and constitute protected opinion.

In response to your request for an apology and retraction, our answer is "no."
Pages: 1 ... 2188 2189 [2190] 2191 2192 ... 4288