Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011770 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33015 on: May 01, 2020, 07:22:59 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33016 on: May 01, 2020, 07:41:22 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33018 on: May 01, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »

"The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal."

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now?' Out. He's fired. He's fired! You know what's hurting the game? When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they're playing our great national anthem."

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33019 on: May 01, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »

White privilege.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/05/01/the-white-privilege-to-terrorize/

I had much the same reaction,  ticking off in my head all the groups who wouldn't be allowed to do this.
Why not?

Read
The
Link.

Or have a sardine.   Whatever.
I did which is why I asked the question. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33020 on: May 01, 2020, 08:21:49 PM »

The theory is that in NY they so dread the spread of the virus that they are sacrificing many to the ventilator-----> death routine.

I'd like tos ee some stats outside NY.

Cuomo spouts - "80% never come off - what can you do?" as if it is accepted gospel.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33021 on: May 01, 2020, 08:28:40 PM »

If this was China that nurse would be dead by now

barton

« Reply #33022 on: May 01, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »

Are you seriously asking if a group of angry black men or angry Muslims,  armed with assault weapons, would be allowed to storm into the Michigan capitol building and terrorize the legislature?   And why they wouldn't ??

As my former neighbor from Deptford,  England would have said,  "pull the other one,  mate! "  LoL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33024 on: May 01, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »

Is it my imagination or is kiid melting down like Trump in real time?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33025 on: May 01, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »

Are you seriously asking if a group of angry black men or angry Muslims,  armed with assault weapons, would be allowed to storm into the Michigan capitol building and terrorize the legislature?   And why they wouldn't ??

As my former neighbor from Deptford,  England would have said,  "pull the other one,  mate! "  LoL!
LOL. 
Nothing like a tailor made and hysterical hypothetical.
In the real world the number of anti-Trump rallies and marches organized by minorities are numerous and went on as planned.
Meanwhile we are supposed to be mortified when fascist governors meet resistance from taxpayers whose constitutional rights  are trampled on?
Don’t think so.

barton

« Reply #33026 on: May 01, 2020, 09:04:20 PM »

Okay. The story I read had the timeline messed up and I failed to doublecheck.

And not all of them are bad for Biden.

But it is an odd confluence, regardless.

Josh,  I see these as the possibilities:

1. She was harassed by Biden,  and then,  at a later date after 1998, decided to amplify the story to make her status as a victim more clear-cut, and used racy details borrowed (wittingly or unwittingly) from Dad's novel.   A partial fabrication.

2.  Sexual scenes in racy novels often involve manual penetration,  and the similarities are coincidence.    She didn't confide in her father between 1993-98 about an actual sexual assault which just happened to share elements with the fictional scene he wrote.

3.  (more disturbing)  She did confide in her father and he,  God only knows why,  used details of her story in a novel and turned an assault into a sexy and titillating tryst.  If this were the case, the guy has horrendous issues. 

4.  Reade has a major mental illness which led her to believe in an encounter that in fact she had only fantasized, a projection of her perhaps legitimate fears of men with power.

5.  Reade is lying completely,  also lied completely back in the 90s,  and unwittingly borrowed elements of her current lie from a book by her father, and is a sane person who, for personal reasons, or political reasons,  or both,  wants to take down old Joe.   

So far,  I'm drawing no conclusions as to whether any of these, or none of these,  are what really happened.   I want to believe someone who is a real victim,  but pretty much everything I've ever heard about Biden,  in the past four decades,  makes the alleged behavior seem utterly unlike him.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33027 on: May 01, 2020, 09:06:55 PM »

1. She was harassed by Biden,  and then,  at a later date after 1998, decided to amplify the story to make her status as a victim more clear-cut, and used racy details borrowed (wittingly or unwittingly) from Dad's novel.   A partial fabrication.

hmm

Maybe

But then why would Joe have ZERO recollection of the harassment?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33028 on: May 01, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »

6   There are people who know some things that have not yet come forweard

barton

« Reply #33029 on: May 01, 2020, 09:09:56 PM »

Asking,  please no out of context clip-quotes from that post. 

Am not suggesting any one scenario and some are very unlikely.   The list is to suggest a range of possibilities.  And yes,  people coming forward will eliminate some of them.
Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 4288