Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011686 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33045 on: May 01, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »

Kid you gonna be toting your Super-soaker AR-15 water gun in support of the cretins in Michigan?

heh

enjoy your walk  kid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33046 on: May 01, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »

Its like a combo protest, bambu

The guns mean little to nothing when it comes to the "re-open the state" part of the protest.  They are being carried just as a reminder of second amendment rights.

Likely most not even loaded.

That they have frightened legislators is unfortunate.

Bug fuckers...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33047 on: May 01, 2020, 10:43:46 PM »

I did which is why I asked the question.

Are you seriously asking if a group of angry black men or angry Muslims,  armed with assault weapons, would be allowed to storm into the Michigan capitol building and terrorize the legislature?   And why they wouldn't ??

As my former neighbor from Deptford,  England would have said,  "pull the other one,  mate! "  LoL!
LOL. 
Nothing like a tailor made and hysterical hypothetical.
In the real world the number of anti-Trump rallies and marches organized by minorities are numerous and went on as planned.
Meanwhile we are supposed to be mortified when fascist governors meet resistance from taxpayers whose constitutional rights  are trampled on?
Don’t think so.
"Fascist." The list of words that Red uses but has no idea the meaning of is endless and expands daily.
Lol!

The daily Elba drumbeat for the last four years has been
“Trump is a Facsist. !”
There is no evidence to support it.
But now 50 governors are enforcing some form of state lockdowns that trash our constitutional rights.
When people challenge them they are told to “ shut up and obey!”
In Maine the governor there says she can suspend ANY law she doesn’t like. In New Jersey  Jews were stopped from conducting a wedding in their own back yard.
California closed a city beach citing data that didn’t exist. In Illinois the Governor’s wife violated the Governor’s stay-at-home order and when he was asked about it he thought the idea of even asking him that question was reprehensible

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:45:59 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33048 on: May 01, 2020, 10:54:16 PM »

Red may not know what fascism is or that he is in fact as much of a fascist as he is a coward, but he sure can copy and paste.

Now that Kiid has been fixed, he should also think about getting deloused. Too much time with the foxes and now the vermin has vermin he’s looking to spread.

The Michigan terrorists should all be intubated prophylactically. It clear they want to be sick and they want to share their disease. They are doing a terrible job of looking after themselves. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33049 on: May 01, 2020, 10:58:41 PM »

So the Governors who are trying to save lives are engaging  in a form of far-right ultra-nationalism? I'd normally tell you "you got your tax cut you dolt, now shut up and let the grown ups talk," but I'm worried you'd call me a Fascist. You're welcome, as always, to take your brilliance elsewhere to where people are smarter and can appreciate that brilliance. Your educating continues to fall on blind eyes and deaf ears here.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33052 on: May 01, 2020, 11:16:43 PM »

So the Governors who are trying to save lives are engaging  in a form of far-right ultra-nationalism?
The question is where did they get the power to deny us our rights?
I'd normally tell you "you got your tax cut you dolt, now shut up and let the grown ups talk," but I'm worried you'd call me a Fascist.
No one is denying you the right to act as an adult.
You're welcome, as always, to take your brilliance elsewhere to where people are smarter and can appreciate that brilliance. Your educating continues to fall on blind eyes and deaf ears here.
Then I must persevere.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33053 on: May 01, 2020, 11:26:34 PM »

Where did the Gov get the power?

I think originally it was the Constitution and recently ratified by Trump who back-tracked from his mistaken notion that he had total authority to do whatever he wanted as it regards states.

See Red, what the Gov are doing is mandated by law, what Trump wanted to do was unconstitutional and more befitting of a king or dictator.

Why do I get the feeling that if Donald the 1st had ordered a shutdown of a state, Red would be goose-stepping and Seig-heiling Der Donald?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33054 on: May 02, 2020, 12:17:11 AM »

I did which is why I asked the question.

Are you seriously asking if a group of angry black men or angry Muslims,  armed with assault weapons, would be allowed to storm into the Michigan capitol building and terrorize the legislature?   And why they wouldn't ??

As my former neighbor from Deptford,  England would have said,  "pull the other one,  mate! "  LoL!
LOL. 
Nothing like a tailor made and hysterical hypothetical.
In the real world the number of anti-Trump rallies and marches organized by minorities are numerous and went on as planned.
Meanwhile we are supposed to be mortified when fascist governors meet resistance from taxpayers whose constitutional rights  are trampled on?
Don’t think so.
"Fascist." The list of words that Red uses but has no idea the meaning of is endless and expands daily.
Lol!

The daily Elba drumbeat for the last four years has been
“Trump is a Facsist. !”
There is no evidence to support it.
But now 50 governors are enforcing some form of state lockdowns that trash our constitutional rights.
When people challenge them they are told to “ shut up and obey!”
In Maine the governor there says she can suspend ANY law she doesn’t like. In New Jersey  Jews were stopped from conducting a wedding in their own back yard.
California closed a city beach citing data that didn’t exist. In Illinois the Governor’s wife violated the Governor’s stay-at-home order and when he was asked about it he thought the idea of even asking him that question was reprehensible

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Alvy Singer’s adolescent forehead slap.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33055 on: May 02, 2020, 12:22:03 AM »

The question is where did they get the power to deny us our rights?

Well, shit!
Welcome to my America you dumb motherfucker!

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33056 on: May 02, 2020, 12:27:58 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33057 on: May 02, 2020, 12:32:29 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33058 on: May 02, 2020, 12:35:19 AM »

Daniel Dale thinks he is a match for McEnany

hahahahaaaaaa

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/mcenany-first-briefing-fact-check-may-1/index.html

She’s a lying motherfucker and you know it.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33059 on: May 02, 2020, 12:48:35 AM »

It's pretty simple from where I sit:

If there is a record of Tara Reade's having complained about his treatment while she was in his office, then he has a major problem.

If, contrary to what she has said, there is no such record in the Senate's or National Archive's records, then I think he does not have a major problem.

And if the president's campaign folks keep saying things like "there can't be one rule for Joe Biden and another for everybody else," I think they are going to end up regretting it.

I find the neighbor's saying she remembers being told about it when Tara Reade's never mentioned having told the neighbor is... not evidence against Biden.

I find the brother's remembering sexual harrassment and then later saying, in essence, "oh, yeah, and also that bit about the hand under her skirt," is not evidence against Biden.

Neither of these is evidence to support Biden, either, of course.

I find Tara Reade's having come forward first as one of the women complaining about his creepiness and his putting hands on her back/neck, then coming out with the additional accusation to not be evidence that discredits her at all. The creepiness coefficient about Uncle Joe is something I have complained about for years - in and of itself. And the extra stuff coming out after he gained the nomination is pretty consistent with how some people need to operate.

I don't think that the former staff folks' defense of Joe makes a shred of difference in the believability of Tara Reade's story either. I wish it did, but I know far too many cases in which the aides to the powerful man (whomever it might be) are either ready to cover for him no matter what or have managed, somehow, to have no clue what was going on around them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 4288