Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2216 2217 [2218] 2219 2220 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011283 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33255 on: May 04, 2020, 01:49:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

Conversely...

Internal Trump administration projections estimate that about 3,000 Americans will die from the coronavirus every day by June 1, according to CDC documents obtained by the New York Times.

The increased estimates come as states have eased restrictions and after a weekend many Americans spent outside at protests or enjoying spring days in the park. Florida, Colorado, Indiana, Nebraska, South Carolina and West Virginia, among others, moved to loosen restrictions in an attempt to revive a sputtering economy and calm restless residents.
But the projections make clear that these reopenings come with fatal risks.

3,000 per day in June and, for the sake of the discussion, 2,000 - 2,500 per day in May would be 150,000 - 165,000 more deaths by the end of June, which is still well short of the 233,000 beyond predictions of Wharton. But it's more than I was thinking - I was going by an average of 1,500 dead per day from now to the end of June, bumping back towards 2,000 with the changes to reopen, then close again.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33256 on: May 04, 2020, 01:55:56 PM »

100-220K

Yep - very sad.  China will pay.

Operation WARP SPEED, indeed.  Have to play the hand dealt.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33257 on: May 04, 2020, 02:06:52 PM »

Trump will have helped kill a couple hundred thousand Americans through ineptitude.

No Coordinated National Response should be his epitaph.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33258 on: May 04, 2020, 02:07:55 PM »

“To all the tyrants and mini-tyrants out there trying to shut people in their homes with very little evidence to base it on and treating them like kids in the process, the Bill of Rights was not a suggestion, okay. The Constitution is not optional.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dan-bongino-rips-governors-did-bill-of-rights-take-a-vacation

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33259 on: May 04, 2020, 02:09:17 PM »

Trump will have helped kill a couple hundred thousand Americans through ineptitude.

I am sure til your dying day you will be trying to make it stick

How productive of you....

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33260 on: May 04, 2020, 02:10:55 PM »

“To all the tyrants and mini-tyrants out there trying to shut people in their homes with very little evidence to base it on and treating them like kids in the process, the Bill of Rights was not a suggestion, okay. The Constitution is not optional.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dan-bongino-rips-governors-did-bill-of-rights-take-a-vacation
Heh.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33261 on: May 04, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »

Heh.

There’s a scene in Howard Hughes’s ‘Hell’s Angels’ where the German Zeppelin is being pursued by British fighters who are gaining. It’s determined the crew must lighten the ship. After they’ve thrown out everything not bolted down they’re still too heavy to outrun the fighters... and so GOP Trumpists (kiid) be like:

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33262 on: May 04, 2020, 02:31:34 PM »

I am sure til your dying day you will be trying to make it stick

How productive of you....

The history books are starting to be written,

And they will not treat the worst, most corrupt, and dangerously inept president in our history kindly.

Trump's ineptitude and ignoring the science and the facts will lead to needless deaths that may total hundreds of thousands of Americans.

And as Trump eggs ons morons to defy governors and their reasoned state protocols, the revised Federal estimates for CV deaths have doubled.

Trump will gladly kill Americans for a bump in the polls.

As President Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of cases and deaths from the coronavirus over the next several weeks, reaching about 3,000 daily deaths on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double from the current level of about 1,750.

The projections, based on government modeling pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases now.

The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, not much has changed. And the reopening to the economy will make matters worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/us/coronavirus-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-7b42d0f5

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33263 on: May 04, 2020, 02:40:44 PM »

He's a murderer

All the best Dem legislators say so.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33264 on: May 04, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »

He's a murderer

All the best Dem legislators say so.

Not much of a rebuttal kid.

But in a glass half-full perspective (or maybe 55% or so) its a positive that most people recognize what a deadly disaster the Donald is.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33265 on: May 04, 2020, 03:06:25 PM »

100-220K

Yep - very sad.  China will pay.

Operation WARP SPEED, indeed.  Have to play the hand dealt.

"China will pay," just like Mexico, no doubt.

How is it that you propose China should pay. What punishment do you think the US can inflict on them?

And do you think Trump bears no culpability? How about Kemp?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33266 on: May 04, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »

Says Kid, trying to add to the death total, while wagging his finger at China.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33267 on: May 04, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »

"China will pay," just like Mexico, no doubt.

Heh.  Child.

barton

« Reply #33268 on: May 04, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »

The blame China syndrome (ha) is baffling, given the many competent measures they took that were a fairly good model of how to deal.   The conspiracy theories (like Pompeo's idee-fixe about a man-made pathogen) are entirely driven by partisan posturing and not by the science.   

My initial thought on masks (which was based on past training in biology labs) was influenced by the perception that a lot of people didn't understand how to wear them or have sanitized hands when adjusting/removing them.  I came around on mass usage,  partly owing to Bo's nuanced points about containing coughs and their overall mnemonic value.   My own community protection is still focused mainly on social spacing at stores,  using sanitizer after I've touched merchandise and checkout pads and before I touch car keys or surfaces in the car or put on sunglasses.  My lab experience tells me hand-to-face is still the number one pathway.   

I think beaches are okay in the middle of the day when UV is strong and nothing viral will survive on a surface for more than a couple minutes.   But if you play volleyball, FFS wash your hands after you've touched a ball in contact with a dozen other hands.   Especially if playing with people who aren't in your "inner circle. " 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33269 on: May 04, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »

How is it that you propose China should pay. What punishment do you think the US can inflict on them?

Patience, grasshopper

When the books are written..............

Of course they wont pay as much if we lose this election
Pages: 1 ... 2216 2217 [2218] 2219 2220 ... 4288