Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010855 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33735 on: May 08, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »

Thank you,  Lime, Bo,  and Yank.   Though I'm uncertain now what my question was,  your answers were spot on.   Thank you Red for using the word "wordsmithing. "  It creates plausible doubts that you are really you.   

It is difficult for me to see how the FBI questions to Flynn about Russian involvement were outside the bounds of an investigation into Russian involvement.   If you are the FBI and you ask someone a question, in an interview, and they lie to you,  you haven't "created" their lie.   The one who lied is the liar.   Second tautology today!   

On Sweden:  Watch "Midsommar" - it explains everything.

OMG -   cool flick

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33736 on: May 08, 2020, 05:21:06 PM »

The prosecutors had legitimate  reasons to talk to Flynn while pursuing “collusion”. ( even if they were dishonest in how they set it up)   And what happened. They found no collusion.   But the FBI kept the case open and found a “ lie”.

Such garbage.  I mean what does this even mean?  A witness can lie to the FBI but if no underlying crime is ever proven, those lies are not unlawful?  If you obstruct and get off due to the obstruction its all good?  You get how dumb that is?

Mueller said that Flynn gave valuable information to the investigation after he plead guilty and cooperated.  Yeah, they "kept the case open" because they were fucking investigating it.

And you accuse me of wearing a tin hat?

Facts:

Flynn called the Russian Ambassador on the day Obama announced sanctions against Russia because of their attack on our elections.
In the call with Kislyak, Flynn told him not to worry, that a Trump Administration would not be taking those sanctions further.
Fractured facts.
Flynn’s  conversation with Kisylak was above board and perfectly legal.
The FBI and Justice knew that ( since the conservation was taped and then used illegally under FISA law) and were ready to close the case on him and  collusion. But the Comey hatched the plan to entrap him.
Your reference to Flynn and Turkey has no connection to reality.
Facts.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33737 on: May 08, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »

KrugMan:
On Saturday The Washington Post reported that in late March Trump was unhappy with epidemiological models suggesting a death toll over 100,000 — which, by the way, now seems highly likely. So the White House created its own team led by Kevin Hassett, whom The Post describes as “a former chairman of Trump’s Council of Economic Advisers with no background in infectious diseases.” And this team produced an analysis Trump aides interpreted as implying a much lower death toll.

What The Post didn’t say was that aside from not having any background in epidemiology, Hassett has an, um, interesting record as an economist...

Who goes on to trash Hassert's consistent record of being wrong for 20 years.
(no housing bubble under W Bush; Obama rescue would lead to hyperinflation, etc).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

If you aren’t a certified idiot and generally wrong about everything, you aren’t going to be helping or supporting trump.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33738 on: May 08, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »

I think you are still not fully informed on Sweden.  You think they had no "lockdown", no recommendations to their public at all.  Not the case.

No, Kid. They had no lockdown.

They had recommendations and I have said that already.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33739 on: May 08, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »

Paula Reid
(@PaulaReidCBS)
BREAKING: President Trump just said "Katie" is VP staffer who tested positive. Katie Miller is VP spox & wife of WH adviser Stephen Miller. Entire West Wing has now been directly or indirectly exposed to COVID-19.

May 8, 2020

If Steven Miller winds up killing trump and half the cabinet along with a truck full of flunkies, I will halfway forgive him for being what he is. If he also dies in the process, I won’t go out of my way to spit on his grave.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33740 on: May 08, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »

I think you are still not fully informed on Sweden.  You think they had no "lockdown", no recommendations to their public at all.  Not the case.

No, Kid. They had no lockdown.

They had recommendations and I have said that already.

Josh, you are going to be well prepared when Kiid regurgitates this perspective on Sweden about Georgia, the state with the the second highest concentration of my living relatives, once they start bulldozering open mass graves at the foot of Stone Mountain.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33741 on: May 08, 2020, 06:03:41 PM »

Honestly, I probably won't wait.   Not without the assistance of cryogenics, anyway.

Not good news from the west wing.   I'm thinking of all the recent photos in the WH where no one's wearing a mask.   Or maintaining six feet of space.

Hopping on planes together to do photo ops was a bright move as well.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33742 on: May 08, 2020, 06:06:07 PM »

The prosecutors had legitimate  reasons to talk to Flynn while pursuing “collusion”. ( even if they were dishonest in how they set it up)   And what happened. They found no collusion.   But the FBI kept the case open and found a “ lie”.

Such garbage.  I mean what does this even mean?  A witness can lie to the FBI but if no underlying crime is ever proven, those lies are not unlawful?  If you obstruct and get off due to the obstruction its all good?  You get how dumb that is?

Mueller said that Flynn gave valuable information to the investigation after he plead guilty and cooperated.  Yeah, they "kept the case open" because they were fucking investigating it.

Facts:

Flynn called the Russian Ambassador on the day Obama announced sanctions against Russia because of their attack on our elections.
In the call with Kislyak, Flynn told him not to worry, that a Trump Administration would not be taking those sanctions further.
Fractured facts.
Flynn’s  conversation with Kisylak was above board and perfectly legal.
Lying about it was not.
The FBI and Justice knew that ( since the conservation was taped and then used illegally under FISA law)
No, they had a FISA warrant. I sense your frustration but your gripe is with the FISA judge.
and were ready to close the case on him and  collusion. But the Comey hatched the plan to entrap him.
Flynn may not have been a subject but collusion was not a closed case. Not even close. Flynn had information germane to the ongoing investigation, and the FBI wanted to flip him to get him to cooperate.  And no one can trap you into a lie to the FBI unless YOU LIE TO THE FBI.
Your reference to Flynn and Turkey has no connection to reality.
Flynn admitted to being an unregistered agent for Turkey.

Inappropriate word omitted from your post.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33743 on: May 08, 2020, 06:07:51 PM »

I'm hoping Redward, our constitutional scholar,  can explain how this is cool.
What constitutional issue are you raising?

Do state laws supersede federal laws or do federal laws supersede state laws?

http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=100

Hint for Red: the thing up your ass + the thing you don’t pay = the problem with the new Okie law.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:14:39 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33744 on: May 08, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »

The next administration will show Flynn lied about the collusion (and treason) as well and that obstruction delayed these lies from being confirmed as lies.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33745 on: May 08, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »

Facts:

Flynn was the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States while keeping his paid agent status to Turkey a secret and (presumably) no one in the administration knew of that relationship.
While National Security Advisor Flynn attended top secret debriefings making this arrangement a national security issue.
REDSTATEWARD while no doubt screaming "emails!" throughout the 2016 campaign doesn't give a shit about the national security issue this relationship posed because he is a partisan asshole who cares more about his "team" winning than the security of the United States of America.

Facts.

Facts.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33746 on: May 08, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »

Paula Reid
(@PaulaReidCBS)
BREAKING: President Trump just said "Katie" is VP staffer who tested positive. Katie Miller is VP spox & wife of WH adviser Stephen Miller. Entire West Wing has now been directly or indirectly exposed to COVID-19.

May 8, 2020

If Steven Miller winds up killing trump and half the cabinet along with a truck full of flunkies, I will halfway forgive him for being what he is. If he also dies in the process, I won’t go out of my way to spit on his grave.

Perhaps Trump should keep a safe distance from Miller, or ban him from the WH.

That is, a Steve Miller Ban

I need space covid
But I won't put on a mask
I need space covid
but I don't know where you're at
Yeah, yeah, yeah,

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33747 on: May 08, 2020, 06:22:58 PM »

Paula Reid
(@PaulaReidCBS)

May 8, 2020

As John Dunne noted, "Every man's death diminishes me in that I am involved in mankind - but for Steven Miller I will make an exception."
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33748 on: May 08, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »

Can a state add a literacy test to its electoral process in 2020?

Perhaps Trump should keep a safe distance from Miller, or ban him from the WH.

That is, a Steve Miller Ban

I need space covid
But I won't put on a mask
I need space covid
but I don't know where you're at
Yeah, yeah, yeah,

Highlight of my afternoon so far

You’re the sickest thing I ever did see
Sure do hate your headaches and I wish I could breathe...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33749 on: May 08, 2020, 06:27:50 PM »

Sweden also had 2000 citizens in Iran, about 50,000 in total abroad that had to return.

Not unlike the US in this respect.

Much of the international coverage was neutral, but some of it also contained criticism,[196] and in some cases was accused of being "fake news".[197] Many foreign news outlets described Sweden as pursuing a herd immunity strategy,[196] including US president Donald Trump, who in a press briefing told the assembled media that Sweden was 'suffering very greatly' due to what he referred to as 'the herd', and that the US, if it had not taken much stricter social distancing measures, 'would have lost hundreds of thousands more people'.[198][199] Responding partly to Trump's remarks, which she described by using the word ‘misinformation’, Swedish foreign minister Ann Linde said that the ‘so-called Swedish strategy’ was one of many myths about Sweden, and described it as ‘absolutely false’. Linde said that the Swedish goal was no different from most other countries; to save lives, hinder the spread of the virus and make the situation manageable for the health system.

It's been overblown - and you - led by the nose.  NUMBERS need to be compared with what may have occurred had a different path been taken - not to neighbors numbers.

Bringing travelers home - and dealing with them upon return - may be your bugaboo (as it is in the US).  Maybe Sweden could have done better in this respect.  But as with the US, how this virus spreads was not fully known at the time travelers were returning.

Every country had travelers.

Taiwan had FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND in China.
----------------------------

Neighbors' numbers when societies are similar are the only valid comparisons.

And yes, one can estimate what else might have happened, but you refuse to do that. "What would have happened if they did the same thing that the Norwegian nursing homes did?" Or the NH Veteran's Home did (where they have zero deaths or cases).

In Norway:
On 12 March, a national lockdown was announced, effective from 18:00 the same day. This was the day of their first death, as well. Also, everyone who had returned from trips outside Sweden and Finland since 27 February were to quarantine, regardless of whether they showed symptoms or not.
-------------------
 In Sweden, their first death was Marth 11.
On 10 March, responding to indications of community transmission, the Public Health Agency advised everyone with respiratory infections, even mild cases, to refrain from social contacts where there is a risk of spreading the virus, in private as well as working life. They also ask health care staff working with risk groups, including nursing homes, not work if they have any symptoms of respiratory infection. Relatives of elderly should also avoid unnecessary visits at hospitals and in facilities for elderly, and never visit if there are any respiratory symptoms.[57][58] On 16 March, the agency recommended that people over 70 should limit close contact with other people, and employers should recommend their employees work from home.[59] One month later, statistics showed that roughly half the Swedish workforce was now working from home.[60] The following day, the agency recommended that secondary schools and universities use distance learning,[61] with schools following suit all over the country.[62]
[/size]
Wikipedia.

No quarantining for people returning from overseas. Distance learning in mid-April became a thing, for some place. But even some of the recommendations took longer.

Bars remained open.

You want to do "what if?" about it, Kid, knock yourself out. But do try to be honest with yourself for a change.
--------------

You've only change to the "don't compare numbers with neighbors" bullshit because the numbers you kept trying to compare ("fewer tests," for example) didn't work. If the numbers were in your favor, you would keep trotting them out the same way you kept bringing out the French sham study on hydroxychloroquine.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 ... 4288