Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584057 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #34950 on: May 22, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »

Black Hills Bighorn Mountains Historical Foundation commissioned an art piece to Commemorate the 120th Anniversary of the Little Big HornBighorn. When the painting was unveiled all present were shocked by what was represented. In the center of the Painting was a large throne upon which sat a fish with a halo and that fish was surrounded by hundreds of Sioux engaged in various forms of sexual intercourse.

The board members were furious and one dowager cried, “What is the  meaning of this?”
The artist replied, “It’s my interpretation of Custer’s last words... Holy mackerel! Look at all the fucking Indians!”

It's a classic.   I suggest a small tweak,  for geographical accuracy.

The battle was in the Powder River country, a couple hundred miles northwest of the Black Hills.

I once heard it with “Holy Cow!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #34952 on: May 22, 2020, 09:05:32 PM »

Well, alright, Dr Armstrong

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/todaysdebate/2020/05/21/masks-hydroxychloroquine-science-supports-president-donald-trump-editorials-debates/5240786002/
VA refuses to be led by the nose.  Good for them.

https://news.yahoo.com/answers-va-given-hydroxychloroquine-1-220636232.html

Led by the nose?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/may/22/hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-cure-increases-deaths-global-study-finds

Hydroxychloroquine: Trump's Covid-19 'cure' increases deaths, global study finds
Malaria drug should not be used to treat coronavirus, scientists say, after study shows high death rate

The authors of the paper pulled together results for more than 96,000 patients in 671 hospitals, taking one of the drugs, with or without an antibiotic such as azithromycin, between 20 December and 14 April.

The death rate among all groups taking the drugs was higher than among people who were not given them. One in six of those taking one of the drugs died, while one in five died if they were taking chloroquine with an antibiotic, and one in four if they were on hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic. The death rate among patients not taking the drugs was one in 11.

The statistics are not exactly comparable because, as this was not a trial, there were differences in the age, gender, general health and stage of illness of the patients. But the US authors of the study say, allowing for these differences, there was still higher mortality among those taking the drugs.

The team also found that serious cardiac arrhythmias, which cause the lower chamber of the heart to beat rapidly and irregularly, were more common in all the groups receiving one of the four treatment regimens. The biggest increase was in the group treated with hydroxychloroquine in combination with an antibiotic, where 8% of patients developed a heart arrhythmia compared with 0.3% of patients not given the drugs.

“This is the first large-scale study to find statistically robust evidence that treatment with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine does not benefit patients with Covid-19,” said Prof Mandeep R Mehra, lead author of the study and executive director of the Brigham and Women’s hospital advanced heart disease center in Boston, US.

“Instead, our findings suggest it may be associated with an increased risk of serious heart problems and increased risk of death. Randomised clinical trials are essential to confirm any harms or benefits associated with these agents. In the meantime, we suggest these drugs should not be used as treatments for Covid-19 outside of clinical trials.”

Still not a study done with placebos. But the only reason the VA is not being "led by the nose" is that they have been ordered to ignore the science.

The person being led by the nose is you, Kid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34953 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »

Black Hills Bighorn Mountains Historical Foundation commissioned an art piece to Commemorate the 120th Anniversary of the Little Big HornBighorn. When the painting was unveiled all present were shocked by what was represented. In the center of the Painting was a large throne upon which sat a fish with a halo and that fish was surrounded by hundreds of Sioux engaged in various forms of sexual intercourse.

The board members were furious and one dowager cried, “What is the  meaning of this?”
The artist replied, “It’s my interpretation of Custer’s last words... Holy mackerel! Look at all the fucking Indians!”

It's a classic.   I suggest a small tweak,  for geographical accuracy.

The battle was in the Powder River country, a couple hundred miles northwest of the Black Hills.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34954 on: May 22, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #34955 on: May 22, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »

I once heard it with “Holy Cow!”

Ha!   Yeah,  sounds familiar to me,  too.   Mackerel is a funnier mental image,  tho.

I've got to hand it to Josh - even his echoes are well researched.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34956 on: May 22, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »

Well I got thrown off Twitter for the day..

Terence k. Williams tried to clap back at me and I got the boot. I guess my arrow hit the mark.

Almost sorry what’s his face isn’t here to call me a racist.

https://www.facebook.com/1353459319/posts/10222468480884821/

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34957 on: May 22, 2020, 11:38:25 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34958 on: May 22, 2020, 11:41:26 PM »

The Secretary of State of Michigan is a criminal, according to the president, for sending out 7.7 million absentee ballots "without authorization." Trump explained that this will lead to great voter fraud.

1) The SoS of Michigan did not send out 7.7 million absentee ballots. Applications were sent out.
2) Sending out absentee ballot applications is legal
3) The SoS is authorized to do that and needs nobody else's say so to do it.
4) There is no evidence to support Trump's claims of rampant voter fraud in Michigan or anywhere else.

The small VA study that found hydroxychloroquine is more often harmful than helpful was authored by enemies of the Trump administration, if the president is to be believed. No evidence, just hand-waving.

The president was named Michigan Man-of-the-Year, despite nobody's remembering it and there not being any such award.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/05/23/president-trump-statement-false-inaccurate-fact-check-michigan-voting-hydroxychloroquine-orig-me.cnn

There may be something he will not lie about, but we haven't found it yet.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34959 on: May 23, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34960 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:15 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:39:35 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #34964 on: May 23, 2020, 03:40:25 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/white-house-portrait-unveilings/index.html

heh

Another day, another bit of petty BS and all you have to say is "heh."

No opinions about the proposed first nuke test since 1992?

Nothing to say about his assertion that he has the power to dictate the churches be opened?

No deep applause for the former "Michigan Man of the Year?"
Pages: 1 ... 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 ... 4288