Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584835 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35145 on: May 26, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35146 on: May 26, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »

Disingenuously re-enlisting vets as guinea pigs via their Hard Earned VA health benefits is the sort of thing that I expect would get his hackles up, especially when it becomes a mass casualty thing within the community. A lot were guys who went when their number came up while sons of scumbag landlords enjoyed their 70’s Coke binge safe at home over the course of as many deferments as it took.

Also by and large Luee wants what’s best for this country and adheres with good understanding to the tenets in our founding documents.

That alone would force one to be done with trump.

Did I get that right?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35147 on: May 26, 2020, 09:49:41 AM »

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace debunked President Donald Trump’s false claims that fraud is rampant in mail-in voting, noting on Friday morning that there is simply no evidence to support the president’s assertions.

With Trump threatening to withhold federal funds from Nevada and Michigan if they went forward with sending absentee ballots and applications to voters, Wallace—who has been a favorite target of Trump’s— pointed out that the president’s repeated complaints about mail-in voting are largely baseless.

“I’ve done some deep dive into it, there really is no record of massive fraud or even serious fraud from mail-in voting,” the Fox News anchor said on America’s Newsroom. “It’s being carried out in Republican states, it’s being carried out in Democratic states, there is no indication that mail-in voting as opposed to in person voting tends to favor one party over another.”

After explaining that the practice of mailing in votes may even tend to favor Republicans since elderly voters have historically voted most often by mail, Wallace also mentioned that the most famous case of fraudulent “ballot harvesting” involved a Republican in North Carolina.

“But when people get their ballots and mail them in themselves, no history of fraud at all,” Wallace added.

https://news.yahoo.com/chris-wallace-demolishes-trump-mail-154810642.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #35148 on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »

DSM-5 Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts," according to the DSM-5.

Five or more of these DSM-5 criteria need to be present for an official diagnosis.

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and abilities)
Preoccupied with dreams of unlimited power, success, physical attractiveness, and love
Holds the belief that they are of special or high status and can only be understood by similar people or should only associate with those people (or institutions)
Has a need for excessive admiration
Possesses a sense of entitlement and expects favorable treatment or compliance
Exploits other people to achieve personal goals
Lacks empathy regarding the needs and feelings of other people
Is envious of other people or thinks other people envy them
Has arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Who are you and what have you done with luee?
It appears that Luee has somehow discovered that President Trump is an undocumented immigrant.

X>)

Seriously, I applaud Luee, or any forumite,  who actively follows news even as it goes places outside their usual comfort level.   It's human nature,  once we develop some confidence in an authority figure, to ignore any negatives.   Luee shows intellectual integrity in moving on from that, casting off blinders. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #35149 on: May 26, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »

On some of the major issues I was for Donald but I voted for Hillary because she appeared less crazy. Now you have the worse possible crisis scenerio and he is blowing up.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35150 on: May 26, 2020, 10:10:36 AM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #35151 on: May 26, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »

Only the best people...

https://www.wired.com/story/john-ratcliffe-director-of-national-intelligence/

My jaw dropped when I saw ratty was back.  Guess the abstainers woke up that day missing testicles or lady-balls.   A manifestly unlawful appointment.   Which hopefully we are stuck with no more than 7 months,  25 days.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35152 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »

Only the best people...

https://www.wired.com/story/john-ratcliffe-director-of-national-intelligence/

My jaw dropped when I saw ratty was back.  Guess the abstainers woke up that day missing testicles or lady-balls.   A manifestly unlawful appointment.   Which hopefully we are stuck with no more than 7 months,  25 days.   

Every single person who voted for this man, yeah or nay, knew that he was the nominee for two reasons and two reasons only; to politicize our intelligence apparatus in order to spread lies about Trump's opponent heading in to the 2020 election, and to downplay and discredit the investigations into Russia's election interference in 2016, opening the way for them to do it again.

49 Republicans voted him in anyway.  49.  They have gone full authoritarian now.  No turning back.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #35153 on: May 26, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »

On some of the major issues I was for Donald but I voted for Hillary because she appeared less crazy. Now you have the worse possible crisis scenario and he is blowing up.

For me, the few major issues on which I thought Trump sounded reasonable or at least had a valid point can be categorized as:
1) centrist fluff that he didn't have any intention of keeping (having a better Obamacare alternative; undertaking massive infrastructure projects, etc)
or
2) where Trump proposed an alternative to longterm bad (largely bipartisan) policies, but then he demagogued it all to hell and handled it badly.  The latter includes taking a tougher trade policy with China -- but the Trump Trade War approach, necessitating massive continuing farmer bailouts, was sloppy grandstanding and not productive.  I do support restricting Huawei.

There's also the immigration issue.  I think the Dems are rather cynical trying to increase immigration as much as possible in order to add new voters and turn some more states blue, without looking at assimilation and how rapid large-scale immigration effects the US.  One very negative impact is the ascendancy of racist and white supremacist groups.  Another is how it further marginalizes poor people and minorities.  And keeps down wages.  Any time the US has undergone large-scale immigration, there has been a nativist reactionary backlash, resulting in immigration being usually reduced for decades.  And it is easier to assimilate white Christians, say Eastern Europeans, than Somalis or Bangladeshis.  I like the diversity in America, and the US is still able to skim off the best and brightest from poorer countries (I think I saw that 1/3 of US doctors were foreign born!).  Of course, Trump has zero nuance, and ginned immigration up into a big racial thing, while pretending Mexico would pay for a border wall.

And lastly, Trump presented himself as less hawkish than Hillary.  He wanted to pull back from US involvement in foreign conflicts.  Not that he has done much about it really.  Of course, Trump counters that by upping the Defense budget by $300B (a waste of money which makes a future war more likely), and cozying up to belligerent states such as Russia and Saudi Arabia (gotta make that $8B arms sale, so the Sauds can continue to obliterate poor Yemenis).

So there's very little that Trump has done that I support.  But he ran the 1st time as a moderate Republican and as the candidate of change.  Neither approach is really open to him this go round.  And with the economy a mess, his only real approach is to burn Biden to the ground.  I expect we'll be hearing plenty of Lock Him Up chants. 

Obviously, it would have been much better having Hillary in charge of handling the virus.  Hell, if Trump was smart, he would have brought Hillary in on March 1st (or Feb 1) as the virus czar.   She's competent and if things go badly, it's a Dem to blame.  If things work out well, all credit to the Great Bipartisan Trumpmeister.
[obviously that was never happening; but the Dems always go weak-kneed and put Repubs in charge of Defense or some such]
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #35154 on: May 26, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »

The policies have created the greatest global economic disruption in history, with trillions of dollars of lost economic output. These financial losses have been falsely portrayed as purely economic. To the contrary, using numerous National Institutes of Health Public Access publications, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Bureau of Labor Statistics data, and various actuarial tables, we calculate that these policies will cause devastating non-economic consequences that will total millions of accumulated years of life lost in the United States, far beyond what the virus itself has caused.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/499394-the-covid-19-shutdown-will-cost-americans-millions-of-years-of-life

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35155 on: May 26, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

On some of the major issues I was for Donald but I voted for Hillary because she appeared less crazy. Now you have the worse possible crisis scenario and he is blowing up.

For me, the few major issues on which I thought Trump sounded reasonable or at least had a valid point can be categorized as:
1) centrist fluff that he didn't have any intention of keeping (having a better Obamacare alternative; undertaking massive infrastructure projects, etc)
or
2) where Trump proposed an alternative to longterm bad (largely bipartisan) policies, but then he demagogued it all to hell and handled it badly.  The latter includes taking a tougher trade policy with China -- but the Trump Trade War approach, necessitating massive continuing farmer bailouts, was sloppy grandstanding and not productive.  I do support restricting Huawei.

There's also the immigration issue.  I think the Dems are rather cynical trying to increase immigration as much as possible in order to add new voters and turn some more states blue, without looking at assimilation and how rapid large-scale immigration effects the US.  One very negative impact is the ascendancy of racist and white supremacist groups.  Another is how it further marginalizes poor people and minorities.  And keeps down wages.  Any time the US has undergone large-scale immigration, there has been a nativist reactionary backlash, resulting in immigration being usually reduced for decades.  And it is easier to assimilate white Christians, say Eastern Europeans, than Somalis or Bangladeshis.  I like the diversity in America, and the US is still able to skim off the best and brightest from poorer countries (I think I saw that 1/3 of US doctors were foreign born!).  Of course, Trump has zero nuance, and ginned immigration up into a big racial thing, while pretending Mexico would pay for a border wall.

And lastly, Trump presented himself as less hawkish than Hillary.  He wanted to pull back from US involvement in foreign conflicts.  Not that he has done much about it really.  Of course, Trump counters that by upping the Defense budget by $300B (a waste of money which makes a future war more likely), and cozying up to belligerent states such as Russia and Saudi Arabia (gotta make that $8B arms sale, so the Sauds can continue to obliterate poor Yemenis).

So there's very little that Trump has done that I support.  But he ran the 1st time as a moderate Republican and as the candidate of change.  Neither approach is really open to him this go round.  And with the economy a mess, his only real approach is to burn Biden to the ground.  I expect we'll be hearing plenty of Lock Him Up chants. 

Obviously, it would have been much better having Hillary in charge of handling the virus.  Hell, if Trump was smart, he would have brought Hillary in on March 1st (or Feb 1) as the virus czar.   She's competent and if things go badly, it's a Dem to blame.  If things work out well, all credit to the Great Bipartisan Trumpmeister.
[obviously that was never happening; but the Dems always go weak-kneed and put Repubs in charge of Defense or some such]

Everything you think about politics is wrong post Covid.

Democrats aren’t ‘cynically trying to increase immigration to turn states blue’ come on. You’re projecting  white people fear on policy.  We support fair immigration policies because we’re supposed to be the beacon to the rest of the world unless we’re only accepting folks from Norway who at this point don’t wanna come here anyway.

“But he ran the 1st time as a moderate Republican and as the candidate of change.  Neither approach is really open to him this go round.  And with the economy a mess, his only real approach is to burn Biden to the ground.  I expect we'll be hearing plenty of Lock Him Up chants.”

Moderate Republican?

He ran on Barack Obama not bring a legitimate president. An interloper who stole the presidency from its rightful white owners.

Obama was too good to be true so he had to be a fraud because no American Black man could be so accomplished.

Mexicans are rapists... that’s being a moderate agent of change?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35156 on: May 26, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »

The policies have created the greatest global economic disruption in history, with trillions of dollars of lost economic output. These financial losses have been falsely portrayed as purely economic. To the contrary, using numerous National Institutes of Health Public Access publications, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Bureau of Labor Statistics data, and various actuarial tables, we calculate that these policies will cause devastating non-economic consequences that will total millions of accumulated years of life lost in the United States, far beyond what the virus itself has caused.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/499394-the-covid-19-shutdown-will-cost-americans-millions-of-years-of-life

Well white folks can join the rest of us, no?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35157 on: May 26, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »

Another one bites the dust!

The dog lady in Central Park knew what she was doing when she called cops on a black man who asked/demanded she leash her dog according to posted regulations.

She was looking for this kind of outcome

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-dies-after-pleading-i-can-t-breathe-during-arrest-n1214586?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #35158 on: May 26, 2020, 12:20:33 PM »

Trump got into politics and kept his name out there by birthering Obama.  But when he ran, it was against Hillary.  He didn't run on Obama being illegit.

Trump was more moderate than most/(all?) of the others in the GOP primary.
Didn't he talk about not touching SS/Medicare.  And I think even said he was willing to tax the rich (or did I imagine that?)

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35159 on: May 26, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »

With such sophisticated reasoning as demonstrated in these videos, I fear for the nation:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/26/alabama-beaches-coronavirus-tuchman-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/05/25/northern-michigan-reopens-tourists-covid-19-pkg-tsr-marquez-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Whether it's "when it's time to go" or "God will heal this land," the bogus religious beliefs endanger folks beside themselves - even though they cannot and will not see it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 ... 4288