Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2348 2349 [2350] 2351 2352 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595791 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35235 on: May 26, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »

At the moment,  I am pretty near to incandescent with anger,  having just seen the George Floyd video.   This guy, and his three oddly passive fellow cops who watched as he sat on the man's neck has basically done two things.

Murder.  I'll leave which numerical category to the lawyers.

Complete abandonment of his sworn duty to answer a cry for help.   

The man, George, was completely restrained and helpless.   Then he was killed by a sadistic bully.   Who could hear the cries of asphyxiation, and then the subsequent stillness.   

If this man doesn't get jail time, the people of Minneapolis have my support and whatever donation is needed to fucking bulldoze their justice system into the ground.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35236 on: May 26, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »

What the hell is “ environmental racism”?

I know, such a tough concept when two words are strung together like that.

And Bing! All knowledge of Google flies right out of your head.

The post directly above his question was you giving two examples of it.
No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

And if you don't know what it is, then how do you know those were not examples of it?!

But you can never admit when you're wrong.
I can’t be wrong about something you can’t define.

Ward, it isn't a question of whether I can define it.

I could provide you with a hundred definitions, you would then deny they applied, denied it existed, and denied that anything Trump did was wrong or contributed to so.

Then later you would claim I never gave you the definition.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/the-trump-administration-finds-that-environmental-racism-is-real/554315/

Environmental racism refers to the disproportionate impact of environmental hazards on people of color.
Not from the Atlantic article.

Let the LOLing, denying, and position shifting by the asshole known as Ward begin.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35237 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

I am more than a bit confused.

They've adjusted their projected death toll up to 66,000 by August.

We're at 45,000 now and had 19,000+ in the last 9 days, with a new record high yesterday. If we merely match the last 9 days, we'll be at 64,000+ by the start of May and they're talking 66,000 in August?!

Well once numbers fall below a thousand a day.......

There will be quibbles over exact counts anyway - be sure the Dems will be tacking on to the total - saying there were X amount purposely "uncounted" or unincluded" .

This is why talks of body counts are not only morbid but downright stupid.

As bullshit arguments go, this is more asinine than most of yours, Kid.

You ascribe to Dems "tacking on to the total" as if people weren't using formal counts but making up their own.

We know that some places intentionally underreported their deaths or failed to count them. This is not conjecture or guesswork.

We know that we miss deaths - the earliest COVID-19 death in the US had previously been thought to be Feb 29, but it's now realized to have been weeks earlier.

We know bunches of nursing home deaths did not get included in counts. This is why a few days ago we had 2600 additional deaths added to the total.

And yes, "once numbers fall below 1000 a day..." but if we are at 64,000 by May 1, falling under 1000 a day is not going to have us at 66,000 in August!

Not even using your math skills.

Ahhh...May 1st

Should be an interesting day

Was it interesting, in hindsight, Kid?

We've now been below 1,000 for 3 straight days. Sure, it took a holiday weekend.

How confident that we are now "below 1,000 per day," as you'd been anticipating?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35238 on: May 26, 2020, 09:31:35 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/tech/twitter-trump-fact-check/index.html

Twitter has labeled a couple of Trump's tweets as "misleading."

It's a start.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35239 on: May 26, 2020, 09:47:43 PM »

No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

And if you don't know what it is, then how do you know those were not examples of it?!

I could provide you with a hundred definitions, you would then deny they applied, denied it existed, and denied that anything Trump did was wrong or contributed to so.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/the-trump-administration-finds-that-environmental-racism-is-real/554315/

Environmental racism refers to the disproportionate impact of environmental hazards on people of color.

Let the LOLing, denying, and position shifting by the asshole known as Ward begin.

I was going to toss him a sardine as well. The extra snack won’t pack too much blubber on his flippers. You have to be protective of endangered species like Ward, a rare sealion-ostrich combo.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/08/climate-changed-racism-environment-south
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #35240 on: May 26, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »

No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

What exactly do you mean by “ disproportionate “ impact?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35241 on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:09 PM »

No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

Doesn’t this act ever get old?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35242 on: May 26, 2020, 09:59:34 PM »

No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

Pretty much what any rational human being would mean by it, Ward.

Why?

What is your definition of "disproportionate," pray tell!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #35243 on: May 26, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »

No. It wasn’t

Yes, it was.

Pretty much what any rational human being would mean by it, Ward.
Let me guess. You know it when you see it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35244 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

President "I don't understand what Freedom of Speech means" Trump

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35245 on: May 26, 2020, 10:15:37 PM »

Red has no moral compass

Any impact that touches him personally is disproportionate. Any other impacts are of no account to him. He feels fine, so there is obviously no problem. Everyone should shut up and go sacrifice life, health, and family for the “economy”. If that’s a problem for you, officials in your area can be bought off and your vote can be suppressed.

Red really loves it when people who speak up about problems Red doesn’t feel personally effect him get arrested and are given terrorism charges as a result. If Red payed taxes, he’d feel they were well spent in those instances.

Red is irredeemably lost. The constant clouds of noxious gasses he puts out cuts him off from all contact with his surroundings.

He’s adapting to these circumstances. He now navigates the world through a badly rigged form of bullshit sonar, evidenced by his entire history of posts here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #35246 on: May 26, 2020, 10:16:10 PM »

We should have our Constitutional Scholar fire off a letter to the President explaining the First Amendment.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35247 on: May 26, 2020, 10:20:53 PM »

Red’s bullshit sonar navigation does let him accurately park his head up his asshole in all weather and lighting conditions.

Rumor has it Red’s bullshit sonar rig is mostly and Australian import with some after market American embellishments for extra cracker appeal.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35248 on: May 26, 2020, 10:25:01 PM »

We haven’t heard much about how Covid is effecting Ivanka’s Chinese brothel business.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35249 on: May 26, 2020, 10:42:37 PM »

Please give examples of how Trump created a booming economy.

Business owners, not governments, create jobs

Trump and his people just made this process much, much easier.
Not in any way discernible from the numbers.

Employers do not hire people because the process is easier. They hire them because they need workers for production.
Naive. The effect of regulation roll - backs by the Trump Administration led to the best labor market in history, especially for minorities.
But what about all the deaths and harm to health by environmental and safety roll backs? Not so long ago you were all about the negative health side effects of policy. What changed?

There is no evidence to support the "led to".
. Except that there is. [
Except there is not.
But then like kiid you correlate coincidence with causation when it suits your purpose.
Keep juggling the Apple and oranges.
Keep being intellectually dishonest.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.
Pages: 1 ... 2348 2349 [2350] 2351 2352 ... 4288