Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611114 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35940 on: June 01, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35941 on: June 01, 2020, 03:04:30 PM »

Until police departments reform their unions the "Us vs Them" mentality won't change and the won't happen until white people decide police are supposed to Protect and Serve black communities rather than Contain and Control.

Ever notice how Republicans attack as labor unions except Police?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/05/trumps-george-floyd-obama-protest-police-violence-kneeling.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35942 on: June 01, 2020, 03:06:06 PM »

ANTIFA?

Really?

As Ms Blackburn stated - if you organized it, expect a knock at your door.  Biden supporters can pay the bail - they cannot buy verdicts

This Trump (and I would be willing to guess - BIDEN) vs AntiFa war is just beginning.  And long coming.  And please - save the What Abouts - we all know there is a faction on the other side as well.  One muddy rock at a time.

That this will run concurrently with the Floyd's quest for justice is hopefully something we can all be ok with.  A guilty verdict for disgraced Officer Chauvin is a goal for me and a very high percentage of my republican brethren.  Don't doubt this.  We may not be in the thick of that issue moving forward.  But are on your side nevertheless.

Fuck off.

ANTIFA is a bogeyman. A bunch of middle class white kids from the burbs who will grow up to be middle class dads with carefully groomed beards who reminisce about the good old days of protesting the MAN.

Hell, some of the guys ahead of me in high school were big anti war activists and are now Republican dickheads like you, so spare me your shit.

We shall see

You are about to live through it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35943 on: June 01, 2020, 03:07:10 PM »

Hearing Kayleigh slayed the media again today.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35944 on: June 01, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:09:06 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35945 on: June 01, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »

Guiliani calls the Floyd murder quite possibly first degree, call the case undercharged.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35946 on: June 01, 2020, 03:10:52 PM »

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.
ANTIFA?

Really?

As Ms Blackburn stated - if you organized it, expect a knock at your door.  Biden supporters can pay the bail - they cannot buy verdicts

This Trump (and I would be willing to guess - BIDEN) vs AntiFa war is just beginning.  And long coming.  And please - save the What Abouts - we all know there is a faction on the other side as well.  One muddy rock at a time.

That this will run concurrently with the Floyd's quest for justice is hopefully something we can all be ok with.  A guilty verdict for disgraced Officer Chauvin is a goal for me and a very high percentage of my republican brethren.  Don't doubt this.  We may not be in the thick of that issue moving forward.  But are on your side nevertheless.

Fuck off.

ANTIFA is a bogeyman. A bunch of middle class white kids from the burbs who will grow up to be middle class dads with carefully groomed beards who reminisce about the good old days of protesting the MAN.

Hell, some of the guys ahead of me in high school were big anti war activists and are now Republican dickheads like you, so spare me your shit.

We shall see

“I’m not worried about Al Qaeda, I’m worried about Al Cracka!”

Anitifa hasn’t marched by torchlight proclaiming “Jews will not replace us!”  Actual fascists did.

What do you think ANTIFA stands for in their ridiculously juvenile way?

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #35947 on: June 01, 2020, 03:12:03 PM »

The problem is the vast amount of indifference in the middle and the ridiculous levels unions go to protect terrible police.

We need soldiers.  We need firemen - and officers.  We (collectively) try to make them better, through experience, through guidance (yes, good cops leading young ones to NOT go astray).  Know this - bottles and bricks and tree limbs are being thrown at GOOD COPS.  GOOD COPS are having their cars/SUVs destroyed.  GOOD COPS are out there this week saving lives.  Arresting people, being forceful at times as well, yes. That is the job.

PEACE in Minneapolis.  Peace in New York.

I disagree on one thing here.   I think the basic job description of police needs to change.   The whole notion that civilians need to be controlled by force is the root of the problem.   What if beat cops were, essentially,  social workers and conflict resolvers who were hired from that neighborhood?   Most illegal activities are not violent and require not a violent subjugation but rather an authority figure who bears calm witness and has a tactical team behind them if it's really needed.   And that person has more authority because he's your neighbor, he's a part of your community,  rather than someone who comes in as an armed and menacing stranger from some distant burb.   If you're British, then you know a bit about an approach that's more that direction.   

When I was in England I never felt fear or anxiety around police.   They came across far more friendly,  less authoritarian, more likely to just issue a warning on unruly behavior and call on the person's dignity rather than squashing it.   I remember seeing these Senegalese guys horsing around, one late night,  I sorta knew who they were,  and soon  a couple beer bottles are smashed on the street.   Bobby comes along and basically says,  cmon mate, you want some little kids cutting their feet on those shards?   They issued drunken apologies,  and managed to pick up most of the shards and put them in a bin.   And that was it.   End of story.  Peacekeeping can happen.   And without treating people like garbage.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35948 on: June 01, 2020, 03:13:00 PM »

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35949 on: June 01, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »

Guiliani calls the Floyd murder quite possibly first degree, call the case undercharged.

Fuck Rudy Giuliani and fuck any GOPer who thinks their plant to peel off a few percentage points of black voters.

That ship sailed

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35950 on: June 01, 2020, 03:15:56 PM »

ANTIFA?

Really?

Fuck off.

We shall see

Someone called for “MAGA night” at the White House. That’s what we got.

Whichever terrorist provocateur tweeted that should be detained and investigated and, at the very least be fired from his job.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35951 on: June 01, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »

The problem is the vast amount of indifference in the middle and the ridiculous levels unions go to protect terrible police.

We need soldiers.  We need firemen - and officers.  We (collectively) try to make them better, through experience, through guidance (yes, good cops leading young ones to NOT go astray).  Know this - bottles and bricks and tree limbs are being thrown at GOOD COPS.  GOOD COPS are having their cars/SUVs destroyed.  GOOD COPS are out there this week saving lives.  Arresting people, being forceful at times as well, yes. That is the job.

PEACE in Minneapolis.  Peace in New York.

I disagree on one thing here.   I think the basic job description of police needs to change.   The whole notion that civilians (Black people) need to be controlled by force is the root of the problem.   What if beat cops were, essentially,  social workers and conflict resolvers who were hired from that neighborhood?   Most illegal activities are not violent and require not a violent subjugation but rather an authority figure who bears calm witness and has a tactical team behind them if it's really needed.   And that person has more authority because he's your neighbor, he's a part of your community,  rather than someone who comes in as an armed and menacing stranger from some distant burb.   If you're British, then you know a bit about an approach that's more that direction.   

When I was in England I never felt fear or anxiety around police.   They came across far more friendly,  less authoritarian, more likely to just issue a warning on unruly behavior and call on the person's dignity rather than squashing it.   I remember seeing these Senegalese guys horsing around, one late night,  I sorta knew who they were,  and soon  a couple beer bottles are smashed on the street.   Bobby comes along and basically says,  cmon mate, you want some little kids cutting their feet on those shards?   They issued drunken apologies,  and managed to pick up most of the shards and put them in a bin.   And that was it.   End of story.  Peacekeeping can happen.   And without treating people like garbage.

Warrior mentality to guardian mentality would be a huge change for the better.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35952 on: June 01, 2020, 03:24:38 PM »

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.

I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:26:31 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35953 on: June 01, 2020, 03:27:27 PM »

Anitifa hasn’t marched by torchlight proclaiming “Jews will not replace us!”  Actual fascists did

Words.

AntiFa could take a lesson from that.

Yes.  They killed the girl in Charlottesville as much as that redneck idiot did.  By wreaking havoc unnecessarily.  I am still not OK with that weekend.  Sad for the girl and her family, sure.  Sad as well for our monuments.

Like Minneapolis, AntiFa saw Charlottesville as an opportunity.  They organized and assembled for chaos.  They were NOT NEEDED in either spot.  And the result has been bad in both.  he dickhead rednecks in Charlottesville are total assholes - but would not have been dangerous without counterprotest.  There is no defending them, just their right to assemble.  Knowledge of an assembly ahead of time and organization to cross state lines to attack such assembly is a FEDERAL CRIME.  As is organizing and crossing state lines to destroy neighborhoods is (this applies to both side at this time)

Knock knock.  FBI - open up. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35954 on: June 01, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »

Someone called for “MAGA night” at the White House. That’s what we got.

Postponed til tonight, so it seems

7 pm curfew in DC.   Major police/military presence expected.  Will last night's brave protester show his/her face?
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 4288