Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583986 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36015 on: June 01, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/historic-churches-in-ny-dc-vandalized-set-on-fire-by-rioters/

This is OK to all of you?  These fires and defacings?

Please - speak up, speak out against the perpetrators if it isn't.

Terrance Floyd did, loud and clear

Lets see who listens
l

Go fuck yourself.

This is the society and the government white people LIKE YOU (not all white people so save your apoplectic response Banksie) wanted and voted for.

I say that with no respect whatsoever

Speak up, Amity.  cant hear ya. 

Terrance Floyd needs you.

Tell these mugs and muggettes to stop burning things and vandalizing stores.

Do it right here - or elsewhere and provide a link.

Or dont - and we will consider it a clap clap clap for mass destruction.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:44:08 PM by kiidcarter8 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36016 on: June 01, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »

Susan Rice makes claim Russians could be behind violent George Floyd demonstrations

Not an ONION headline

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/susan-rice-suggests-russians-behind-violent-george-floyd-demonstrations

FOX News and the ONION not so different, true, if we are talking about their adherence to reality.

Russia funding Antifa?  mon dieu

https://news.yahoo.com/susan-rice-blames-foreign-actors-120019152.html

It’s called playing both ends against the middle.

China and Russia are tag teaming us.

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-china-us-protests-social-media-twitter/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36017 on: June 01, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/historic-churches-in-ny-dc-vandalized-set-on-fire-by-rioters/

This is OK to all of you?  These fires and defacings?

Please - speak up, speak out against the perpetrators if it isn't.

Terrance Floyd did, loud and clear

Lets see who listens
l

Go fuck yourself.

This is the society and the government white people LIKE YOU (not all white people so save your apoplectic response Banksie) wanted and voted for.

I say that with no respect whatsoever

Speak up, Amity.  cant hear ya. 

Terrance Floyd needs you.

George Floyd needed you...
Terrence Crutcher needed you
Tamar Rice needed you....
Sandra Bland needed you...
Breonna Taylor needed you...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36018 on: June 01, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »

You made a comment about the post and I clarified.

“Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.”

“That was from 2016...”

I acknowledged and clarified.

Every thing after that is the shit you do from time to time.

Be honest. Once you’ve stepped in it you never leave gracefully. You bully and insult until you get resigned capitulation.

I asked you if your initial post was misleading, and only then did you acknowledge it was about 2016 and not 2020 and the tragic events regarding George Floyd's death.

And I gave you the benefit of the doubt by posting I did not know whether you intentionally tried to be misleading, but I thought the post was misleading.

You then accused me of attacking you bacause this was about race.

It was a weak bullshit pathetic response.

You should have owned your post, admitted it created a misleading impression, but nope you had to blame me for some act of racsim.

shame on you.

Really go fuck yourself on that.

It was about ethical behavior.

And now my good sir I will exit gracefully.

heh

Banks. You’re really can’t let go the fact I immediately clarified what I posted and yet you persist in questioning my “Ethics”

So take your own advice...

Nah.

You do this.

I once posted white America hated MLK until he was murdered and you jumped on me with both feet. I posted statistics, polls and articles and you liked a teacher and your family loved King so I was wrong.

It went on for days.

I was not wrong but finally let it go.

That’s why when some mealy mouthed motherfucker puts King’s name in their mouth to chastise the behavior of black people I’m not having it because when he was alive he was reviled.

I addressed your issue in the very next post. I didn’t say you were stupid or illiterate I just said it was from 2016

Knicks it sounds like you're the one having a problem letting go, or admitting you were wrong.  You admitted that your post was about protests in 2016 when I called you out about it.
Why didn't you make that clear in your initial post particularly during a week when America has experienced protests all over the country? did you want ot create a false narrative about America today? 

You knew what you posted.

As I recall the MLK discussion, when we examined the polling data you posted we found that northern and college educated whites in general approved of MLK while southern and westerm US whites and less educated whites did not.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this white devil greatly admired MLK and cried when he was assassinated.

How could I acknowledge something ahead of time?
You pointed it out and I clarified

Should I have edited the pull quote? Maybe. But a cursory read of the damn thing is as unambiguous as you are being asshole. Like a dog with a fucking bone. But here we are and your still beating the deceased equine.

We also found college educated and northern whites who tolerated King were outnumbered by the motherfuckers who hated him and I agreed with that so you’d shut the fuck up and let me finish kicking Utley’s ass.

It was one thing to capture public sympathy nationwide when pitted against the raw hatred and brutality that seemed the peculiar province of whites below the Mason-Dixon Line. It proved quite another to persuade whites outside the South to share their neighborhoods and jobs with blacks, or to support expensive federal assistance programs dedicated to helping blacks overcome the historic disadvantages imposed on them by whites of earlier generations.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/why-martin-luther-king-had-75-percent-disapproval-rating-year-he-died-180968664/

Now you can break down that 75% any way you want.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36019 on: June 01, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36020 on: June 01, 2020, 06:11:34 PM »

You made a comment about the post and I clarified.

“Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.”

“That was from 2016...”

I acknowledged and clarified.

Every thing after that is the shit you do from time to time.

Be honest. Once you’ve stepped in it you never leave gracefully. You bully and insult until you get resigned capitulation.

I asked you if your initial post was misleading, and only then did you acknowledge it was about 2016 and not 2020 and the tragic events regarding George Floyd's death.

And I gave you the benefit of the doubt by posting I did not know whether you intentionally tried to be misleading, but I thought the post was misleading.

You then accused me of attacking you bacause this was about race.

It was a weak bullshit pathetic response.

You should have owned your post, admitted it created a misleading impression, but nope you had to blame me for some act of racsim.

shame on you.

Really go fuck yourself on that.

It was about ethical behavior.

And now my good sir I will exit gracefully.

heh

Banks. You’re really can’t let go the fact I immediately clarified what I posted and yet you persist in questioning my “Ethics”

So take your own advice...

Nah.

You do this.

I once posted white America hated MLK until he was murdered and you jumped on me with both feet. I posted statistics, polls and articles and you liked a teacher and your family loved King so I was wrong.

It went on for days.

I was not wrong but finally let it go.

That’s why when some mealy mouthed motherfucker puts King’s name in their mouth to chastise the behavior of black people I’m not having it because when he was alive he was reviled.

I addressed your issue in the very next post. I didn’t say you were stupid or illiterate I just said it was from 2016

Knicks it sounds like you're the one having a problem letting go, or admitting you were wrong.  You admitted that your post was about protests in 2016 when I called you out about it.
Why didn't you make that clear in your initial post particularly during a week when America has experienced protests all over the country? did you want ot create a false narrative about America today? 

You knew what you posted.

As I recall the MLK discussion, when we examined the polling data you posted we found that northern and college educated whites in general approved of MLK while southern and westerm US whites and less educated whites did not.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this white devil greatly admired MLK and cried when he was assassinated.

How could I acknowledge something ahead of time?
You pointed it out and I clarified

Should I have edited the pull quote? Maybe. But a cursory read of the damn thing is as unambiguous as you are being asshole. Like a dog with a fucking bone. But here we are and your still beating the deceased equine.

We also found college educated and northern whites who tolerated King were outnumbered by the motherfuckers who hated him and I agreed with that so you’d shut the fuck up and let me finish kicking Utley’s ass.

It was one thing to capture public sympathy nationwide when pitted against the raw hatred and brutality that seemed the peculiar province of whites below the Mason-Dixon Line. It proved quite another to persuade whites outside the South to share their neighborhoods and jobs with blacks, or to support expensive federal assistance programs dedicated to helping blacks overcome the historic disadvantages imposed on them by whites of earlier generations.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/why-martin-luther-king-had-75-percent-disapproval-rating-year-he-died-180968664/

Now you can break down that 75% any way you want.

Knicks you created a false narrative about protests today (2020) by quoting 2016 data as if it was current data.

You were called out on it and only then did you admit it was a 2016 poll.

At best it was unintentionally misleading at worst purposelfully dishonest.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But given your extraordinary defensiveness its as if you got caught in a lie.

As to kicking Utley's ass good for you, I gutted that piece of shit for a decade before he went after weaker competition.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36021 on: June 01, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »

7 pm curfew in DC.   Major police/military presence expected.  Will last night's brave protester show his/her face?

So the Right is against quarantines but fine with curfews?
Only thing is lockdowns are intended to save lives from a health emergency.
Curfews are designed to curtail freedom of assembly and political protest and  protect property.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36022 on: June 01, 2020, 06:12:36 PM »

Tomorrow...

1. Does Rep Steve King get to defend his seat against a Democrat or will he be upended by one of the other 4 GOP primary candidates?

2. Who will face Joni Ernst in November?!

3. Who will represent the GOP against Rep. Torres Small in New Mexico? The Dems are hoping it's Herrell (and indeed paid for ads calling Herrell 100% loyal to Trump in this GOP-leaning district).

4. Plame vs. Fernandez. Plame had the bigger splash and the best ad. But Fernandez seems closer to the party's heart.

5. Will Mfume get a shot at returning to the House? Or will one of the other eighteen Democrats running get it, including Cummings' widow? Mfume held the seat four terms, until 1996, when he resigned to chair the NAACP.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #36023 on: June 01, 2020, 06:16:42 PM »

DHS warning that both far left anarchists and far right white supremacist organizations are taking advantage of the protests to commit acts of violence. 

in what percentages?

make no mistake - AntiFa is organized - and in great number.

Are there more Antifa taking part in the protests than white supremacists looking to co-opt them?  Its possible.

Are there more Antifa taking part in violence and destruction than white supremacists?    I have no idea how you would know this.

And do the Police have some responsibility for fomenting and prolonging the violence and anger because of their well documented violent responses to peaceful demonstrators and the press?  Absofuckinglutely.

You claim you want to call out the perpetrators, yet seem only interested in the perpetrators that are politically convenient for Trump.  Your act is fooling no one.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36024 on: June 01, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »

Violent protesters should be confined to a hellish place

-  Juan Williams

See?  Not that hard.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36025 on: June 01, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »

'Outback Jack' tells it true.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

Australian cop on the frontline of riots in the U.S. who was once forced to shoot a black woman slams officer accused of George Floyd's murder - and says it 'breaks his heart to be called a racist pig'

A former Australian reality TV star, who is now working as a police officer in the United States, says the ongoing unrest surrounding the death of George Floyd has left him heartbroken and wanting to quit the force.
 Vadim Dale, 44, was once known as Outback Jack on a short-lived reality show in 2004 that saw 12 American women vying for the heart of a 'rugged Aussie bloke'.

As of 2020, Vadim and his winning contestant Natalie Dale, n?e Franzman, are still together, happily married with three daughters.
 The pair moved to Natalie's hometown of Louisville, Kentucky in 2005, and in 2010 the Melbourne-born man joined the Louisville Metro Police Department.

Mr Dale said the death of George Floyd last week was 'disgusting'.
 'No one dislikes bad cops more than good cops,'
he told The Age and Sydney Morning Herald.

'I can guarantee I've probably had more contact with the African-American community than that cop, and more encounters that required physical contact, but I've never had the need to place my knee on someone's head or neck for a long time,' he said.

During his time in law enforcement he has been involved in several shootings and received 19 commendations, two Medals of Valour and one life-saving award.

In 2012, he was forced to shoot an armed African-American woman.
 Cheetara Goldsmith had just shot and killed a young mother, Makeba Lee, and began firing at police.

Go woke, go broke.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #36026 on: June 01, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »

The violence and destruction sucks.  But its temporary.  Graffiti can be cleaned off.  The police have plenty of cars.  The destruction of communities can be more long lasting (see Newark) but what is happening now does not strike me as destructive to the fabric of these communities in the same way.  As far as I know, unlike Charlottesville, no one has died yet.

What it comes down to for me is what these people are fighting for.  BLM wants the police to stop killing Black people in the streets, and accountability and justice when they do.  Antifa-Far Left is similarly fighting against an establishment that privileges the few while holding down the many.

White supremacists want to coopt the protests in order to make BLM look bad, discredit their legitimate grievances by putting the focus on the violence, so that the White National Order is maintained. 

The police (some, not all) want to be able to bust heads without accountability, and take their cues from a "president" who calls the press the "enemy of the people."

You want to denounce the violence and destruction?  OK.  But your focus on that over the message of the protests is an admission that you are on the wrong side in this fight.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36027 on: June 01, 2020, 06:32:40 PM »

Trump rally beginning

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36028 on: June 01, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »

You want to denounce the violence and destruction?  OK.  But your focus on that over the message of the protests is an admission that you are on the wrong side in this fight.

Nope

Message of protests heard loud and clear

We are on the same side of it. 

Are you calling for all destruction and looting to stop tonight?  Just say so.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36029 on: June 01, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »

Antifa-Far Left is similarly fighting against an establishment that privileges the few while holding down the many.

Really?  Is that why they attacked elderly motorists in their car in Portland?

Is that why they beat a couple with sticks while they were protecting their business?

Pages: 1 ... 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 ... 4288