Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584727 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36150 on: June 02, 2020, 08:09:55 AM »

He held that Bible in a most unusual way.  I assume the weight of the dust on it and his fear of having the moths fly away caused him to hold it that way.

"I just think it's incredible.  The whole Bible is incredible."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:14:25 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36151 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »

15-29 year old black men got some nice merchandise from NY stores the last 2 nights.  I will wait while someone here tells me why this is OK. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36152 on: June 02, 2020, 08:57:25 AM »

He held that Bible in a most unusual way.  I assume the weight of the dust on it and his fear of having the moths fly away caused him to hold it that way.

It was funny as hell.  Awkward?  Has to be a better word, but yeah.  Trump actually struck multiple poses with the book.

- Is that your Bible?

-  State bible.

What????

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #36153 on: June 02, 2020, 09:00:26 AM »

15-29 year old black men got some nice merchandise from NY stores the last 2 nights.  I will wait while someone here tells me why this is OK.

The fact that you are most concerned about their being black goes more to the heart of this matter than the obvious illegality of looting.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36154 on: June 02, 2020, 09:00:38 AM »

I don't think he said "state bible."  I think he said "a bible."    But yes, it was awkward and he was clearly uncomfortable with something he had never been exposed to before.  Fear of the unknown and all that.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36155 on: June 02, 2020, 09:12:03 AM »

All black, were they? You watching through some special David Duke branded TV set?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36156 on: June 02, 2020, 09:14:07 AM »

CNN had that filter going.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36157 on: June 02, 2020, 09:22:22 AM »

It was funny as hell.  Awkward?  Has to be a better word, but yeah.  Trump actually struck multiple poses with the book.

- Is that your Bible?

-  State bible.

What????

There were friends of mine on the patio at St. John’s.

They were packing up their supplies they had to support the protesters who were peacefully assembled in Lafayette Square and preparing to leave before curfew.

They were hit with gas and rubber bullets and shoved off the church grounds as mounted cops cleared a way for the President to stroll over, hold up a bible and make a campaign commercial.

Leadership at its finest, WHAT?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #36158 on: June 02, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »

“We long ago lost sight of normal, but this was a singularly immoral act,” said Brendan Buck, a longtime former Hill aide who is now a Republican operative. “The president used force against American citizens, not to protect property, but to soothe his own insecurities. We will all move on to the next outrage, but this was a true abuse of power and should not be forgotten.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-push-to-tear-gas-protesters-ahead-of-a-trump-photo-op/2020/06/01/4b0f7b50-a46c-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #36159 on: June 02, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »

Some of you might find this free ebook of interest:

https://www.versobooks.com/books/2426-the-end-of-policing?fbclid=IwAR0j7Pm7K51N_r5R1Lbzj0ffozmRrrU1XDN9KO4hI5yDtMfUnNY7d5VENQ0

Some of you will be able to do nothing but mock it, without understanding it.

Yes,  I just recently read this interview with Vitale...

https://www.thesunmagazine.org/issues/525/to-protect-and-to-serve

barton

« Reply #36160 on: June 02, 2020, 09:31:27 AM »

Bambu asks a good question re:  arrests.  How exactly should that go?  You have a wiggling worm, at times, not wishing to be cuffed.  Then when the cuffs are on many resist being put in the car.  Patience of course helps from the cop's standpoint.  Take how ever long it takes to get the job done without going overboard with physicality.

Easy?  Yeah, right.

Wiggling worm

A choice of words that sheds light on a whole mindset.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36161 on: June 02, 2020, 10:26:32 AM »

Bambu asks a good question re:  arrests.  How exactly should that go?  You have a wiggling worm, at times, not wishing to be cuffed.  Then when the cuffs are on many resist being put in the car.  Patience of course helps from the cop's standpoint.  Take how ever long it takes to get the job done without going overboard with physicality.

Easy?  Yeah, right.

Wiggling worm

A choice of words that sheds light on a whole mindset.

Are we not men?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36162 on: June 02, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/mn-minneapolis-police-neck-restraints-george-floyd-invs/index.html

58 people have lost consciousness in Minneapolis when their officers used neck restraint on them.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36163 on: June 02, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »

Joe delivers a strong message of unity and decency to a deeply hurt nation in need of clear leadership and hope for a better and fairer future for all.

And no innocent protestors exercising their constitutional rights were hurt.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36164 on: June 02, 2020, 11:10:40 AM »

Joe delivers a strong message of unity and decency to a deeply hurt nation in need of clear leadership and hope for a better and fairer future for all.

And no innocent protestors exercising their constitutional rights were hurt.

You should review yesterday’s thread and apologize.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 4288