Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601052 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36195 on: June 02, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »

I think walking among the protesters would have been better - and fine with Trump - but Secret Service would never allow it.

Absurdity squared.   Trump would only walk among protestors if he could use them as human shields against assassins.

If he tried that we’d be in day 1 of the Pence administration, and America would be without its largest pervert and rapist.

Kiid’s use of trek to describe trump’s final and irrevocable abdication last night shows how centered the little Jersey bitch is on the language and culture of white apartheid South Africa.

It was less a trek than a totter or a shamble or an aimless wander.

It’s a good thing his children don’t let him out by himself or he would never have been able to find his way back to the house from St. James church where he had no business being in the first place.

Kiid, the only things you ever had to do were to get a clue and grow a spine. You have failed miserably at both tasks so you are still just American cancer, vile and repugnant as ever.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36196 on: June 02, 2020, 01:09:14 PM »

Larry and Bank -

This back and forth is going nowhere.

You're not going to change each other's minds.

Can you both please just stop?

I was done with this yesterday.

Larry seems to need to relitigate arguments from years past.
Bank, you are my friend but your lack of self awareness is jaw dropping.

You are only done with people if they let you have the last word.

Boz-I do enjoy a good debate and generally I've found that delivering a solid well articulated fact-based final argument usually ends the debate in question.

You say that like it's a "meta" comment on the argument,  but you're actually still continuing the argument.   I mean,  everyone here likes good debate.   The format self-selects for that trait,  bro.

Bart I'm reasonably aware on multi-levels what I post and its intended effect. 

I was done with this "debate" yesterday. I made my point, over and over again.

If you would like to continue it, feel free, but this was played out yesterday.

However for various reasons it appears that a few posters want to play it today.

So have a blast.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36197 on: June 02, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36198 on: June 02, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »

This is a good time to bury hatchets.   We all (well most of us) have common cause and at this juncture should provide mutual support on message boards.   PM is a good system for spats.   Pretty sure nobody but the two parties gives a flying fuck.

Bank don't wanna PM - he thinks he is showing the entire lot of us how fucking brilliant he is.

I am sure he is unique in that regard among us.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #36199 on: June 02, 2020, 01:54:23 PM »

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36200 on: June 02, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »

Tucker is right. Trump dithered, cowered, and egged the violent counter protestors on. His behavior has invalidated the entire republican party and the broadcasters who suckle them.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36201 on: June 02, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »

GOP senators have been enlisted to lie about the necessity of gassing the peaceful protesters, "for security purposes."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/congress-republican-reaction-trump-church/index.html

Cornyn and Grassley chimed in.

Lindsey Graham, surprisingly, showed some common sense:
"Well, I don't know what the point was," Graham said of the photo-op. "I guess he's trying to say we're reclaiming the church. But the point is that we need to focus on what happened to Mr. Floyd, it's a systematic problem, but you can't do that until you get order."

McConnell declined to comment.

You would think that those two were up for reelection or something!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36202 on: June 02, 2020, 02:05:39 PM »

Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the GOP leadership team, said the protesters had to be cleared out "for security purposes" since Trump was "walking over to the church" and they were asked to clear "but refused to do so."
"So obviously, it was a necessary security measure," Cornyn told CNN. Cornyn rejected the notion that they were acting peacefully since they can't "ignore what law enforcement officers are telling them to do for the security of the president or anybody else

exactly

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36204 on: June 02, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

I think walking among the protesters would have been better - and fine with Trump - but Secret Service would never allow it.
Not going for a mere photo op would have been a better idea. Or going for some legitimate reason. Going over there to meet with the pastor or bishop and discuss the protests and the damages to the church instead of using the church and Bible as props for a cynical photo op would have been better. Meeting with the organizers of the peaceful protests at that church would have been a better idea. Heading back to cower in his bunker would have been better.

Don't agree with all of this, though maybe they should have alerted the pastor and bishop

1)  I understand this was done with little preparation - which would explain why he had no idea what to do with the Bible and why he called seemingly random folk into his shot.
2)  The loon bishop would have had a cow.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36205 on: June 02, 2020, 02:15:00 PM »

"The loon bishop".  What a fucking cretin you are.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36206 on: June 02, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »

Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the GOP leadership team, said “Fuck Jesus. My career depends entirely on kissing up to the AntiChrist, so that is what you see me doing. Fuck America. Hail Satan.

exactly

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36207 on: June 02, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »

Has trump built his shine to Hitler in the West Wing or the residence?

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36208 on: June 02, 2020, 02:32:14 PM »

"The loon bishop".  What a fucking cretin you are.

Why I am generally against having women serve as bishops - she was hyperemotional yesterday.

That said - the 2 bishops we have had that are women - one national and one now local here in Newark - have been quite impressive - so never too late to learn something.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36209 on: June 02, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »

2)  The loon bishop would have had a cow.

Or maybe she'd have been fine - her disdain being for the lost opportunity for herself in the national spotlight.
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 ... 4288