Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2414 2415 [2416] 2417 2418 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596261 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36225 on: June 02, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »

Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the GOP leadership team, said the protesters had to be cleared out "for security purposes" since Trump was "walking over to the church" and they were asked to clear "but refused to do so."
"So obviously, it was a necessary security measure," Cornyn told CNN. Cornyn rejected the notion that they were acting peacefully since they can't "ignore what law enforcement officers are telling them to do for the security of the president or anybody else

exactly

Bullshit.

(a) There is no evidence that they were asked to leave. There is no footage to suggest it from any of the filming sources.

(b) There was no need for the POTUS to go there.

(c) There was no need for the police to hit people with their shields who were doing nothing but filming

(d) The police were shown media IDs and ignored them.

(e) The White House did not inform the church that this was happening, which would have allowed the church to tell people to come in or to leave.

Bullshit, Kid.

Well,  given that it was only a half hour to curfew,  and that no one seemed to consider the option of just waiting a few minutes and giving protestors a chance to comply with curfew,  it's hard to see this as anything but Mousse O'Leany seizing a chance to "dominate. " 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36226 on: June 02, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36228 on: June 02, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/06/02/protests-around-the-world-this-time-its-different/

I don't know if it is different enough, yet, but I have hopes that it is moving in the right direction.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36229 on: June 02, 2020, 03:55:43 PM »

Kiid tries to pivot from his racism to his sexism on the day after trump gained a lawn and lost the country.

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36230 on: June 02, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »

maybe they should have alerted the pastor and bishop

Ya think?

Watch the fucking videos, Kid.

Let me know when you find any of the police saying anything about moving, please.

and for not one second could you imagine it happening

heh

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36231 on: June 02, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »

Kiid tries to pivot from his racism to his sexism on the day after trump gained a lawn and lost the country.

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Right. I remember when Reagan gassed all those Bishops and when Clinton turned a firehouse on a crowd of Baptist Ministers. Which Bush was it who shot flash bangs at the deacons?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #36232 on: June 02, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief of a fascist dictatorship. 

FIFY

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #36233 on: June 02, 2020, 04:12:23 PM »

Ya think?

Let me know when you find any of the police saying anything about moving, please.

and for not one second could you imagine it happening

heh

Completely wrong. We never before seen a peaceful protester hurt as they were violently broken up by the national police so that a man elected to be President of the United States can pose for a photo-op because he was butt-hurt about unflattering media coverage of his obvious cowardice.

And if true that it was ordered by Bart just another reason (of many) that he should resign immediately.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36234 on: June 02, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »

Ya think?

New moke

I will cut you some slack since you are just learning...

What the video shows is multitudes of people walking away from the area, while others stayed.  Doesn't take a genius to figure out why the others left.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36235 on: June 02, 2020, 04:16:28 PM »

Perhaps we should bring in our constitutional authority to explain what the role of "commander-in-chief" encompasses.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36236 on: June 02, 2020, 04:21:55 PM »

Ya think?

New moke

I will cut you some slack since you are just learning...

What the video shows is multitudes of people walking away from the area, while others stayed.  Doesn't take a genius to figure out why the others left.

Get back in your box till you can pass a citizenship test, plague rat.

Your mother failed to raise a son. The shame you heap on her is boundless.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36237 on: June 02, 2020, 04:25:00 PM »

I'd wager my stimulus check Echor is not new.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36238 on: June 02, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »

I can only imagine the outrage of the right if Obama had ordered out troops to disperse peaceful 2nd amendments protestors exercising their constitutionally protected rights.

There would have been calls for armed rebellion on the ditto radio and the right-wing dark web.

Trump declared war on Americans.

It was shameful and a day that will live in infamy.

This cancerous piece of shit in the WH gotta go.

The damn question is, will he?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:27:49 PM by bankshot1 »

oilcan

« Reply #36239 on: June 02, 2020, 04:28:12 PM »

I'd wager my stimulus check Echor is not new.

Are you just joshing?
Pages: 1 ... 2414 2415 [2416] 2417 2418 ... 4288