Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612783 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36285 on: June 02, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »

Kiid tries to pivot from his racism to his sexism on the day after trump gained a lawn and lost the country.

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief.

I can only imagine the outrage of the right if Obama had ordered out troops to disperse peaceful 2nd amendments protestors exercising their constitutionally protected rights.

There would have been calls for armed rebellion on the ditto radio and the right-wing dark web.

Trump declared war on Americans.

It was shameful and a day that will live in infamy.

This cancerous piece of shit in the WH gotta go.

The damn question is, will he?

He can, and should, under the Insurrection Act.

It was a great day, when the leader of 'Christian' America and the 'Christian' West stood outside a Christian church holding the Holy Bible aloft and stating that if the Governors of the States didn't mobilise enough National Guard soldiers onto their streets to rule the said streets he would do so with armed troops!
...to stop all the criminals, arsonists, looters from destroying America.

He needs to be re elected President.

You have a tentative grasp on American ideals and core principles, our democracy and our constitution which mostly keeps us together in times of crisis and doubt.

Is American civics also taught in the 2nd grade in Australian schools?

Not sure.
It's taught on my tv news every night though.
Saw Trump holding the Bible aloft, and listened to his speech.
I clapped ...having watched people with baseball bats etc smashing their way into stores, and rioting in the streets, then reading about deaths in the riots.

The speech?  I told you - none of the folks here care what was said.  Not sure I could even guess who here may have seen it live, taped or read the transcript.

They decided they didn't like yesterday's words  - way back in '16, sadly.  Not an open or fair mind among them.

Peace, New York

Peace, America
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36286 on: June 02, 2020, 08:37:46 PM »

Anyone burning down America, looting, and rioting is a lowlife and a loser?

What would Biden do?
Talk.

Action was/is required, the lowlifes and losers refused to listen to talk.

Oddly enough, talking would have been great in their opinions, so long as the talking was followed up by action.

The Black community has been oppressed in America for hundreds of years. What is it that having more talk without action is going to accomplish in your opinion, Bambu-Wisdom?

Is talking going to reduce the number of unarmed black men killed by police in disproportionate numbers?!

How many more years of talking do you recommend? 1? 5? 400? Cuz the talking's been going on for a long time!

I think this is triple the payback after they didn't get desired results on Trayvon Obama and Brown.

Flat screens and watches all around. 

But to answer - zero.  The civil war is here.  AntiFa need better weaponry for their pallets.

So, you answer questions aimed at others while complaining when the same is done to you. Always good to know. (I suspect I've learned it before, but it just didn't matter then, either.)

Keep ignoring that white folks are looting, Kid. It's such a good look for you.

And keep thinking the history only goes back that far. It all started with Trayvon Martin, after all.

No risk of growth here.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36287 on: June 02, 2020, 08:38:42 PM »

Kiid tries to pivot from his racism to his sexism on the day after trump gained a lawn and lost the country.

You need to expand your reading/viewing list.  This was not one bit an unconventional move by a commander in chief.

I can only imagine the outrage of the right if Obama had ordered out troops to disperse peaceful 2nd amendments protestors exercising their constitutionally protected rights.

There would have been calls for armed rebellion on the ditto radio and the right-wing dark web.

Trump declared war on Americans.

It was shameful and a day that will live in infamy.

This cancerous piece of shit in the WH gotta go.

The damn question is, will he?

He can, and should, under the Insurrection Act.

It was a great day, when the leader of 'Christian' America and the 'Christian' West stood outside a Christian church holding the Holy Bible aloft and stating that if the Governors of the States didn't mobilise enough National Guard soldiers onto their streets to rule the said streets he would do so with armed troops!
...to stop all the criminals, arsonists, looters from destroying America.

He needs to be re elected President.

You have a tentative grasp on American ideals and core principles, our democracy and our constitution which mostly keeps us together in times of crisis and doubt.

Is American civics also taught in the 2nd grade in Australian schools?

Not sure.
It's taught on my tv news every night though.
Saw Trump holding the Bible aloft, and listened to his speech.
I clapped ...having watched people with baseball bats etc smashing their way into stores, and rioting in the streets, then reading about deaths in the riots.

The speech?  I told you - none of the folks here care what was said.  Not sure I could even guess who here may have seen it live, taped or read the transcript.

They decided they didn't like yesterday's words  - way back in '16, sadly.  Not an open or fair mind among them.

Peace, New York

Peace, America

You keep accusing us of what you do.

It's very Trumpian of you.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36288 on: June 02, 2020, 08:41:33 PM »

Memo to all people;

In the real world, if the Cops tell you to "move on", you move on...or you put up with the consequences.
If you don't move on, and obey the directions of police officers, you'll likely get arrested, hit with a baton, run into by a horse, or gassed until you do move on.
No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

Regards,
bambu-wisdom.
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36289 on: June 02, 2020, 08:42:34 PM »

Black men need to stop committing crimes, then they would likely have much less trouble with the cops.
George Floyd was accused of trying to pass a counterfeit note at a store...a crime.
No note at the store, he would never have encountered those cops.
He could've been innocent, he the one stuck with the bad note when the music stopped...or he could've been doing it deliberately.

You can't even read what you write, let alone what anybody else writes.

"...accused of" is not the same as "commited a crime."

And the police committed a crime, but you aren't willing to give them a hard time. Is it okay to kill them if we suspect they are committing a crime?

You don't even know if there was a counterfeit bill, only that he was accused of it and went to get a replacement. Boy, such a criminal.

You refuse to accept that if YOU are suspected of a crime, you would not be dead, but he would. They treat whites differently.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36290 on: June 02, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »

Memo to all people;

In the real world, if the Cops tell you to "move on", you move on...or you put up with the consequences.
If you don't move on, and obey the directions of police officers, you'll likely get arrested, hit with a baton, run into by a horse, or gassed until you do move on.

Regards,
bambu-wisdom.
You realize it's these "consequences", especially for African- Americans, that this entire discussion is about, don't you? You don't need a Harvard degree to know that. Even those of low-level wisdom should know.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36291 on: June 02, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »

Memo to all people;

Regards,
bambu-wisdom.

More great ideas you picked up from your Nazi friends? Please save them for the sheep you fuck. They at least will not be offended by your ideas.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36292 on: June 02, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »

"The loon bishop".  What a fucking cretin you are.

Why I am generally against having women serve as bishops - she was hyperemotional yesterday.

What a sexist pig you are.

I have been told.  But totally untrue.  Certain types do grate on me big time.  But the mamas dig Carter8.

The translation is that he’s still getting it on with his right hand plenty these days though his left hand won’t touch him any more out of disgust.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36293 on: June 02, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »

Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm Mike Mullen

verbatim in its entirety

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/american-cities-are-not-battlespaces/612553/

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.

Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

There was little good in the stunt.

While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage.

As a white man, I cannot claim perfect understanding of the fear and anger that African Americans feel today. But as someone who has been around for a while, I know enough—and I’ve seen enough—to understand that those feelings are real and that they are all too painfully founded.

We must, as citizens, address head-on the issue of police brutality and sustained injustices against the African American community. We must, as citizens, support and defend the right—indeed, the solemn obligation—to peacefully assemble and to be heard. These are not mutually exclusive pursuits.
And neither of these pursuits will be made easier or safer by an overly aggressive use of our military, active duty or National Guard. The United States has a long and, to be fair, sometimes troubled history of using the armed forces to enforce domestic laws. The issue for us today is not whether this authority exists, but whether it will be wisely administered.

I remain confident in the professionalism of our men and women in uniform. They will serve with skill and with compassion. They will obey lawful orders. But I am less confident in the soundness of the orders they will be given by this commander in chief, and I am not convinced that the conditions on our streets, as bad as they are, have risen to the level that justifies a heavy reliance on military troops. Certainly, we have not crossed the threshold that would make it appropriate to invoke the provisions of the Insurrection Act.

Furthermore, I am deeply worried that as they execute their orders, the members of our military will be co-opted for political purposes.

Even in the midst of the carnage we are witnessing, we must endeavor to see American cities and towns as our homes and our neighborhoods. They are not “battle spaces” to be dominated, and must never become so.

We must ensure that African Americans—indeed, all Americans—are given the same rights under the Constitution, the same justice under the law, and the same consideration we give to members of our own family. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so.

Too many foreign and domestic policy choices have become militarized; too many military missions have become politicized.

This is not the time for stunts. This is the time for leadership.

Some are the enemy.
Home invaders are the enemy.
That huge Black man who invaded a family home and bashed the young white mother/wife senseless, went upstairs to see what he could steal, came downstairs, bashed her some more then tossed her down the stairs into the basement...all in front of her small child...is the enemy.
Make no mistake.

Thieves are the enemy.

There's a long list of enemies in society, in neighbourhoods/communities.

If the President has to deploy the military to quell the riots, looting, arson in 28 US cities by the enemies, then so be it.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36294 on: June 02, 2020, 09:01:04 PM »

Black men need to stop committing crimes, then they would likely have much less trouble with the cops.
George Floyd was accused of trying to pass a counterfeit note at a store...a crime.
He could've been innocent, he the one stuck with the bad note when the music stopped...or he could've been doing it deliberately.

And the police committed a crime, but you aren't willing to give them a hard time. Is it okay to kill them if we suspect they are committing a crime?

You don't even know if there was a counterfeit bill, only that he was accused of it and went to get a replacement. Boy, such a criminal.

You refuse to accept that if YOU are suspected of a crime, you would not be dead, but he would. They treat whites differently.

It's not a matter of what White people are doing, what privilege they might have, what they're getting away with or not getting away with...it's about teaching Bill Cosby's words to the young Black children..
That way they might have some better hope.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36295 on: June 02, 2020, 09:04:53 PM »

It's not a matter of what White people are doing, what privilege they might have, what they're getting away with or not getting away with...it's about teaching Bill Cosby's words to the young Black children..
That way they might have some better hope.
Does anybody want to tell Bambu?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36296 on: June 02, 2020, 09:08:09 PM »

Let one of his Nazi friends tell him.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36297 on: June 02, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »

Memo to all people;

And when they don't tell you, but instead they just gas you and hit you with their shields, even when you identify yourself to them? Or even when you are a priest on your own Church's property?!

Then what, pray tell?

And again, if the police are breaking the law, then in YOUR HUMBLE OPINION, do the people being assaulted have the right to shoot?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36298 on: June 02, 2020, 09:13:56 PM »

President crooked coward is sure dominating the shit out of his bunker again tonight.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36299 on: June 02, 2020, 09:14:54 PM »

If the President has to deploy the military to quell the riots, looting, arson in 28 US cities by the enemies, then so be it.

The president is the thief and the looter. He is also in denial about who is do behind much of the looting.

But it doesn't matter to you. All you can talk about are black criminals.
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 4288