Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585152 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36390 on: June 03, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »

News Item

Minnesota's Attorney General’s Office is expected to announce upgraded charges against Derek Chauvin, the white Minneapolis officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck, and has added new charges against the three other officers at the scene.Poi

Chauvin will now be charged with second-degree murder, The Star Tribune first reported. The other three officers involved -- Thomas Lane, J.A. Kueng and Tou Thao – will be charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder.

Small step in the right direction.

How many more days of marching till we see systemic change?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36391 on: June 03, 2020, 03:19:23 PM »

It’s no wonder he won’t stand for re-election in November.

Remember I called that possibility a couple months ago ...

(I have it up to 37.5% chance now)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36392 on: June 03, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »

Yes, seemingly lost on the "Black lives matter" folk are the numbers of Black lives taken by other Black people...the numbers of which are sky-high on the graph.
In contrast, the number of Black lives taken by White people are very low on the graph.

Based on the very persuasive arguments you cited and augmented with some thoughts of your own, Rowan Dean sounds like a crackhead, and you sound like a crackhead as well.

You did so well in your prior post.

The Nazi is your cable guy? It would explain your news problem. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36393 on: June 03, 2020, 03:21:22 PM »

Will trump ever mature enough to grasp object permanence?

Did he think that by turning the lights out and hiding in the basement people would suddenly forget that the building he was in is the White House?

Is this what he does every time his creditors come calling?

He's wasting his time.
He'd be better off spending his life relaxing in resorts and playing golf.
Latest poll shows that;
Two thirds of Americans support the protests.

I saw a poll a couple of days ago, I forget where, from 2016, which had about 2/3 of White Americans against "taking the knee during the anthem" protests.

Now I don't want to conflate Kap's 2016 protests with the Floyd murder protests, as I think its intellectually dishonest, but it will be interesting to see as pro sports are gearing up to resume play, in particular the NBA in Disney World, what happens when I assume many players take a knee in protest during the anthem.

I expect they (NBA players) will get support from Adam Silver, but wonder what Dictator Donnie will say and whether he'll try to leverage the knee politically once again.

Or maybe he'll just tear-gas the court, and get a photo with Mickey.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36394 on: June 03, 2020, 03:21:59 PM »

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6161343322001

The Left are forcing new ‘victimised stereotypes’ upon minorities

Sky News host Rowan Dean says a renewed form of racism has emerged from the hard left who are “demanding a new stereotype” be put on African-Americans, one where “you have to be a victim of an injustice perpetrated not by a black person”. Mr Dean told Sky News for those on the hard left or even the “normal left” the only black lives which matter are “those that fit a stereotype”. “This is racism,” he proclaimed.

#####

Yes, seemingly lost on the "Black lives matter" folk are the numbers of Black lives taken by other Black people...the numbers of which are sky-high on the graph.
In contrast, the number of Black lives taken by White people are very low on the graph.
The inevitable argument of racists: agents of the state get to kill black people because black people commit black on black crime! You only.get to care about what white people allow you to care about!
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36395 on: June 03, 2020, 03:22:49 PM »

So, you’ll give me two fifty on my dollar if I place my bet now?

Tempting...

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36396 on: June 03, 2020, 03:26:21 PM »

The only way he doesn't run is if he is dead. If the villagers were at his door with pitchforks and torches he would convince himself that they were there to thank him for doing a great job.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36397 on: June 03, 2020, 03:28:33 PM »

And don't have the hide to say 'All lives matter"

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/nba-announcer-fired-over-controversial-all-lives-matter-tweet/a9a50198-4b52-4cb7-a800-e0ffacb3302d

NBA announcer fired over controversial 'All Lives Matter' tweet

The play-by-play announcer for NBA team Sacramento Kings has resigned from his job and was fired from his radio show for tweeting "All Lives Matter" amid the George Floyd protests.

Grant Napear tweeted Sunday "All Lives Matter… Every Single One!" in response to former Kings star Demarcus Cousins, who asked the radio host for his opinion on the Black Lives Matter movement.

Making such a statement is deemed offensive and viewed as mocking the Black Lives Matter movement, which began in 2013 as a campaign against systematic racism and violence toward African-Americans.[/b]

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36398 on: June 03, 2020, 03:32:37 PM »

Did he think that by turning the lights out and hiding in the basement people would suddenly forget that the building he was in is the White House?

He's wasting his time.
Latest poll shows that;

I saw a poll a couple of days ago, I forget where, from 2016, which had about 2/3 of White Americans against "taking the knee during the anthem" protests.

Now I don't want to conflate Kap's 2016 protests with the Floyd murder protests, as I think its intellectually dishonest, but it will be interesting to see as pro sports are gearing up to resume play, in particular the NBA in Disney World, what happens when I assume many players take a knee in protest during the anthem.

I expect they (NBA players) will get support from Adam Silver, but wonder what Dictator Donnie will say and whether he'll try to leverage the knee politically once again.

That was then and this is now. Kap ended his playing career and moved on to a different stage of his life. At the time, Pence did a waddle to St. John’s prelude from an NFL skybox to plant the administration’s flag squarely in the cracker camp in case anyone was wondering.

The nation and the world have had a couple of years to stew on it and, lo and behold, roughly a third have moved away from a wrong Ass position on the issue and have moved over to a much better one.

Not sure there is any way to quantify how much credit to give to Kap, the multitudes in the cause he took up, natural wisdom and evolution, or the subsequent events in this country, but we’ve come to a place in 3 years where 2/3 are for what 2/3 were against just that short time ago. Some might start to imagine that they were seeing the beginning of a potential trend or something, but that might be reading into it too much.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36399 on: June 03, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6161343322001

The Left are forcing new ‘victimised stereotypes’ upon minorities

Sky News host Rowan Dean says a renewed form of racism has emerged from the hard left who are “demanding a new stereotype” be put on African-Americans, one where “you have to be a victim of an injustice perpetrated not by a black person”. Mr Dean told Sky News for those on the hard left or even the “normal left” the only black lives which matter are “those that fit a stereotype”. “This is racism,” he proclaimed.

#####

The inevitable argument of racists: agents of the state get to kill black people because black people commit black on black crime!] You only.get to care about what white people allow you to care about!

Bunkum.
Agents of the state should not be killing anyone.

A Black girl was yelling it [about "Black lives matter, but not all matter to you"], at another Black girl holding a Black Lives Matter banner in a protest in America yesterday.
Called her a hypocrite in no uncertain terms.

Yes, you're not allowed to mention Black people killing other Black people and say that "it seems only some Black lives matter but not all Black lives seem to matter".
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #36400 on: June 03, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »

Your logic as well justifies rape by a stranger.   Date rape and other acquaintance rape vastly outnumber stranger rape.   

The differential in rates doesn't make one acceptable.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36401 on: June 03, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »

The only way he doesn't run is if he is dead. If the villagers were at his door with pitchforks and torches he would convince himself that they were there to thank him for doing a great job.

Most of it is up to him.

But, but,

Some is still up to the GOP, which still has its mechanisms (Pence, with a memo, in the Cabinet Room for instance).

I think they grit their teeth and and embrace the carnage if #bunkerboi can keep his polls aloft at 37-38%.

They definitely dump his ass into a volcano, off the skid of a Red Cross chopper, if he plateaus at 33% or under. They could just give him a stroke by forcing him into the situation room and making him watch over and over again what an ass he’s made of himself throughout his imposter presidency. They could play back his calls with Putin with the laugh track added in.

I’m not sure which way they go at 35-36%. That’s the uncertainty sweet spot right now, where Mitch, Mike, and Marco won’t be able to see eye to eye.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36402 on: June 03, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »

He's wasting his time.
Latest poll shows that;

That was then and this is now. 

The nation and the world have had a couple of years to stew on it and, lo and behold, roughly a third have moved away from a wrong Ass position on the issue and have moved over to a much better one.

Not sure there is any way to quantify how much credit to give to Kap, the multitudes in the cause he took up, natural wisdom and evolution, or the subsequent events in this country, but we’ve come to a place in 3 years where 2/3 are for what 2/3 were against just that short time ago. Some might start to imagine that they were seeing the beginning of a potential trend or something, but that might be reading into it too much.

Exactly 2020 isn't 2016 and maybe white America is finally reacting and evolving ignited by the gross injustices and crimes against people of color that have gone on for too long and not been remedied.

Watching a guy get murdered by a cop, who looked as casual about it as if he were tieing his shoe, maybe was the "enough is enough" spark.

And IMO Kap deserves a lot of credit for putting his career on the line for what he believed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:54:37 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36403 on: June 03, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »

Trump is still in good with that sweet spot of the electorate who enjoy the marriage of racism and disorder, rampantly spreading unchecked disease, and a dissolving economy.

Trump 2020: Embrace the Carnage

Please feel free to append the addendum to any signage you see in support of Diaper Don’s campaign.

With what he has achieved, no girdle can contain his shame.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36404 on: June 03, 2020, 03:57:24 PM »

A small bit of good news.....Stephen King (Iowa-R) lost his primary.  The good people of Iowa got fed up or they found someone worse?
If such a thing is possible.

They could elect Bambi-ilk, I suppose, if such a creature exists.

Lots of bambu-ilk in the world today.
White, heterosexual, Christian, males. [or males with Christian values]...not of the Left/Far Left.
Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrrison ["ScoMo"] is one such person].
He won the 'unwinnable' election, snatched it out of the hands of the Left/Far Left.

As a white, heterosexual, Christian male I am well aware of the existence on hundreds of millions of us among the eight billion or so souls in the world.  But there is not one that shares the values and views you appear to have. Like Trump you crave the attention.  There you have my 20 seconds worth.  Now resume your daily function.

Crave attention?
Oh please, I 'never' leave my home. There's no audience.
I'm President of nothing...and there's no money to be made.

If you're from the Left/Far Left, then you'll likely never be agreeing with any of my opinions.

if you were to read thru skynews.com.au and/or  listen to 2gb.com radio station [or read it online]  you'll find plenty of people like me....with same views as me.

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 4288