Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2454 2455 [2456] 2457 2458 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998458 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36825 on: June 05, 2020, 08:56:02 PM »

"Banner Hospital (largest healthcare delivery ststem in AZ) says ICU beds are nearing 100 percent capacity. Doctors urge people in the community to act now to reduce transmission of COVID-19."

Social distance.
Work from home.
Stay home...have food delivered.
All shops shut except supermarkets.
Pubs, clubs, restaurants, cafes, beauty parlours, tattoo parlours, gyms, massage parlors/brothels, all shut.
No visiting family or anyone.
No going to the beach, no leaving home except to get food or go to work, be clergy and a few other reasons.
No leaving home in a car and sitting in that car in public.
No sitting in parks...must be moving for exercise, no 'loitering'.
Only way I'm still alive.
International borders closed.
The only way the 'curve was flattened' in Australia.

Problem...not possible with 300+ million population in America.
People have to go to work, get to work.   9 people only on a bus and 11 only in a train carriage in NSW bambuland, won't work in America.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36826 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:40 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need.

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Everyone in this forum should be saying what they would've actually done.

Once he was on the ground, in restraints?

I would have left him on the ground, in restraints.

Duh.

Nothing else needed to be done.

Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck for a full minute after the paramedics arrived.

The police claim that Floyd was in medical distress from the start, though there has been no corroborating evidence - it sounds like an excuse, not really a factor.

Maybe a factor;

His death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest -- or the stopping of his heart -- according to the final autopsy results released Wednesday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.
His neck was compressed when the officer's knee was on it for more than eight minutes, the report says, but does not conclude that it directly caused his death.
The autopsy says Floyd had heart disease and a history of high blood pressure. A preliminary toxicology report found moderate levels of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
The county autopsy also indicates that Floyd had tested positive for coronavirus in April.

#####

Covid 19 shuts down organs, ...heart, lungs etc, also causes blot clots [the thing most likely with my compromised heart...and I have labored breathing].

Prosecution might say; "if he was in medical stress from the start, having a knee on his neck for 8 minutes wouldn't have done him much good?"

Floyd family has opposing autopsy.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/bail-set-at-dollar1m-for-three-ex-officers-charged-in-george-floyds-death/ar-BB1537c3?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

http://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-helplines

Calling for help is better than continuing to self harm. I worry about you, mate.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36827 on: June 05, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »

"Banner Hospital (largest healthcare delivery ststem in AZ) says ICU beds are nearing 100 percent capacity. Doctors urge people in the community to act now to reduce transmission of COVID-19."

Social distance.
Work from home.
Stay home...have food delivered.
All shops shut except supermarkets.
Pubs, clubs, restaurants, cafes, beauty parlours, tattoo parlours, gyms, massage parlors/brothels, all shut.
No visiting family or anyone.
No going to the beach, no leaving home except to get food or go to work, be clergy and a few other reasons.
No leaving home in a car and sitting in that car in public.
No sitting in parks...must be moving for exercise, no 'loitering'.
Only way I'm still alive.
International borders closed.
The only way the 'curve was flattened' in Australia.

Problem...not possible with 300+ million population in America.
People have to go to work, get to work.   9 people only on a bus and 11 only in a train carriage in NSW bambuland, won't work in America.

Pay no attention to China. Or Vietnam.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36828 on: June 05, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »

Anarchy rules the streets downunder too.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/thousands-of-black-lives-matter-protesters-vow-to-descend-on-sydney-today-in-defiance-of-a-court-ordered-ban-amid-fears-of-an-american-style-clash-with-police/ar-BB155ZzX?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Thousands of Black Lives Matter protesters vow to descend on Sydney TODAY in defiance of a court ordered ban - amid fears of an American-style clash with police.

#####

Well there you go.
Supreme Court order no less.
Take no notice, do what they like.
They'll be appeased the same as their ilk in America.
The way of the world today, anarchy.
Might as well defund the cops in Australia too, and give the People guns for self defence.
Americans, like those in Polk County Florida, are so lucky they have guns.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36829 on: June 05, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need.

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Once he was on the ground, in restraints?

I would have left him on the ground, in restraints.

Duh.

Nothing else needed to be done.

Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck for a full minute after the paramedics arrived.

The police claim that Floyd was in medical distress from the start, though there has been no corroborating evidence - it sounds like an excuse, not really a factor.

Maybe a factor;

His death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest -- or the stopping of his heart -- according to the final autopsy results released Wednesday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.
His neck was compressed when the officer's knee was on it for more than eight minutes, the report says, but does not conclude that it directly caused his death.
The autopsy says Floyd had heart disease and a history of high blood pressure. A preliminary toxicology report found moderate levels of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
The county autopsy also indicates that Floyd had tested positive for coronavirus in April.

#####

Covid 19 shuts down organs, ...heart, lungs etc, also causes blot clots [the thing most likely with my compromised heart...and I have labored breathing].

Prosecution might say; "if he was in medical stress from the start, having a knee on his neck for 8 minutes wouldn't have done him much good?"

Floyd family has opposing autopsy.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/bail-set-at-dollar1m-for-three-ex-officers-charged-in-george-floyds-death/ar-BB1537c3?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

http://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-helplines

Calling for help is better than continuing to self harm. I worry about you, mate.

Worry not.
The psychiatrist, long ago, set me on the correct path. [no stress management classes in the workforce back then...you had to go to a psyhchiatrist]
He taught me to cope with bullies and harassers, and being loaded up with too much work..."overworked-underpaid".
I coped fine, just took time off 'sick' when I felt not 100%...problem was that one couldn't keep taking a week off in the govt job without a doctor's certificate. Only way to get a doctor's certificate was to go to the doctor. Today, you can go to the Chemist/Pharmacy/Drug store, pay $20 for one.
I played the 'mental illness' game for about a decade. Using up mental illness resources...but I had no choice.
By then I had developed some 'dingo cunning'...and had made a very happy life outside of the 'office'.
Dingo-cunning..."he's a sickly man, better not put too much pressure on him, he's good friends with the guys at the union". :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:30:56 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36830 on: June 05, 2020, 09:30:35 PM »

Nice to see some sports fora regulars stopping over here to add their voices.   People are thinking about our injustice system.  About how many lies people were swallowing daily even before Trump,  an Olympic class liar,  took office.   Hope outrage fatigue doesn't set in too early.

I’ve never seen this much energy sustained worldwide for this long.

I think we reached a tipping point. America is screaming enough.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36831 on: June 05, 2020, 09:33:13 PM »

Nice to see some sports fora regulars stopping over here to add their voices.   People are thinking about our injustice system.  About how many lies people were swallowing daily even before Trump,  an Olympic class liar,  took office.   Hope outrage fatigue doesn't set in too early.

I’ve never seen this much energy sustained worldwide for this long.

I think we reached a tipping point. America is screaming enough.

What's gonna get tipped?
That's the question.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36832 on: June 05, 2020, 09:33:51 PM »

Or as a friend said, "this is why some people say 'no good cops.'"

Solidarity with abuse is not a virtue.

The culture has to change and it starts with the union reps and the idea they’re warriors.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36833 on: June 05, 2020, 09:36:19 PM »

Goodell takes a knee

apologizes over NFL's stance re Kap's protest

4 years too late

but he sees the howling winds of change and decides to take the wind

America had its chances...

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36834 on: June 05, 2020, 09:37:44 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/mitra.klepper/videos/10222615824092724/

"We don't work for you," says Fox News' Common Sense anchor, to Donald Trump.

Echo4

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36836 on: June 05, 2020, 09:41:49 PM »

This is what was going on...they didn't get me, the abuse of me was different, in a different occupation, mental;

https://www.news.com.au/national/royal-commission-hears-cadets-were-raped-with-broomsticks-during-initiation-prank/news-story/d90adfcca2bd165b70b2e93df61b5a34

Royal Commission hears cadets were raped with broomsticks during ‘initiation prank’

ARMY cadets have told a royal commission they were raped with brooms and senior officers did nothing. WARNING: Graphic content

#####

Not only in the army either.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:44:10 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36837 on: June 05, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »

Here's some of that appeasement that Bambi is lying about:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-suspension-shoving-man-trnd/index.html

Based on the initial video, police issued a statement that said Gugino tripped and fell, police spokesman Mike DeGeorge told CNN.

After more videos became available, police amended that statement, and Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood suspended the officers without pay and opened an investigation, he said.

"The department moved swiftly" and "corrected" the information, DeGeorge said.

But it's not just that they pushed over the 75 year old man without cause or need to do so, regardless of his having refused to leave (assuming he was told to).

It's that as he lay there, his head bleeding, after the push, the rest of the police stood around doing nothing.

They are to protect even those vicious 75 year olds who insist on violently standing in their way. They failed to come even close to that standard.

It was after curfew, he should've obeyed the law and been at home.
Take on riot cops, you take your chances.
I saw the video. There was no need to push him as hard as one cop did...but, there's war on the streets, people are hyped up, going into violent battle.
You could always blame the violent protesters.
As soon as they saw the man bleeding the cops should've called an ambulance.

There is no WAR in the streets because their is enemy on our shire. We are Americans who are waking up to the reality of this nation.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36838 on: June 05, 2020, 09:45:46 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/more-280-military-officials-diplomats-call-donald-trump-not-use-troops-against-protests-1509052

More than 280 retired foreign service and military officials released a letter to President Donald Trump Friday saying they were "alarmed by calls from the President and some political leaders for the use of U.S. military personnel to end legitimate protests in cities and towns across America."

"There is no role for the U.S. military in dealing with American citizens exercising their constitutional right to free speech, however uncomfortable that speech may be for some," the letter, drafted by former U.S. ambassadors Doug Silliman and Deborah McCarthy as well as career diplomat Thomas M. Countryman, said.

The message came days after Trump's announcement that he sought to invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act to deploy the U.S. military to quell nationwide demonstrations that erupted in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, a black man, under Minneapolis police custody. Trump's military threat prompted a major backlash calling for him to walk back from his threat to deploy troops against protesters demanding law enforcement reform across the United States.

"The deployment of military forces against American citizens exercising their constitutional rights will not heal the divides in our society," the letter said. "Ultimately, the issues that have driven the protests cannot be addressed by our military. They must be resolved through political processes."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:47:44 PM by Echo4 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36839 on: June 05, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »

I know me. My career would be toast on my first day because for fucks sake if you come out of the academy with the rules and regulations fresh in your head you should start least know right from wrong.

But then again, I’m not much of a follower. I realized that in ROTC and would have been a bad soldier. Being a cop was always out of the questions..

Otherwise their recruiting and training Program is horrible and should be blown up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:06:35 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2454 2455 [2456] 2457 2458 ... 4288