Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2466 2467 [2468] 2469 2470 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998110 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37005 on: June 06, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Everyone starts out with a simplistic take shaped by their shorthand for the big picture. The thing to watch is how they behave when that runs smack dead into contrary information. I tend to trust those who then try to further source and then without denying that they said what they said in the first instance, revise their take fit with their findings. It’s a more confidence inspiring move then doubling down on the initial slant, squawking “fake news”, inventing plots, or changing topics in the hope short attention spans stop people seeing a pattern in how far those first takes are straying from the stories as they unfold.

To get anywhere near as bad as Fox on the Narrative Uber Alles scale, you have to run all the way left to the Young Turks to get even close. And there’s a whole galaxy of even more degenerate sources to the right of Fox.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37006 on: June 06, 2020, 06:42:43 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-are-gargling-with-bleach-and-drinking-household-cleaners-to-prevent-coronavirus-cdc-report/ar-BB156p7v?ocid=sf2

According to the CDC, 4% of those surveyed, 20 people, admitted they’d drank or gargled household agents including bleach. A staggering 18% of participants confessed they’d applied cleaning agents to their skin. Nearly 10% inhaled fumes from potentially toxic household disinfectants.

The median age of survey respondents was 46, with subjects ranging from 18 to 86 years of age. Those surveyed came from across the country and skewed slightly female.

The CDC said 63% of respondents identified as non-Hispanic white, 16% were Hispanic, 12% were non-Hispanic blacks, and 8% were multiracial or of other races and ethnicities.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37007 on: June 06, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »

Of interest:
https://abcnews.go.com/International/british-black-deaths-police-custody-compare-us/story?id=71054650&cid=clicksource_4380645_8_heads_posts_card_hed

Looking within the minority breakdown -- the figures show that black deaths (excluding other minorities) on their own were overrepresented in the number of deaths in police custody compared to the national demographic.

Furthermore, independent analysis of the figures found that where use of force or restraint was applied, black and minority individuals were twice as likely to die in police custody than white individuals.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37008 on: June 06, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »

This is from another of those highly biased websites I push so frequently without giving thought to their biases:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/158-resources-understanding-systemic-racism-america-180975029/#disqus_thread

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #37009 on: June 06, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »

My problem with MSNBC remains their keeping Al Sharpton on the payroll and their holding him up as a paragon of morality and virtue.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:07:43 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37010 on: June 06, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »

I literally can't watch the Fox "News" presentation of events of the day as they know I know they're lieing and they just don't give a shit.

Fuehrer and balanced

I log on the Fox News right now 9.05am Sunday in Sydney
click

What do I see?

https://www.foxnews.com/

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37011 on: June 06, 2020, 07:16:41 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/

I see;

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/live-pd-cops-pulled-from-tv-george-floyd

'Live PD,' 'Cops' pulled from TV in the wake of George Floyd's death

Two television shows following the careers of police officers have been pulled from their respective networks amid protests following George Floyd's death.

#####

One of the comments, with which I totally agree;

"Of course we wouldn't want to see what cops have to deal with everyday as that might change some opinions and be contrary to the narrative."

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:30:54 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37012 on: June 06, 2020, 07:25:30 PM »

and;

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-protester-diamond-district-gas

NYC protest organizer threatens to take violence to Diamond District: 'Gasoline ... is awfully cheap'

A man identifying himself as "Ace Burns" delivered an ominous threat to New Yorkers Saturday during a live interview on Fox News, warning that protesters could set fire to Manhattan's storied Diamond District if New York leaders don't meet their demands.

"Today, I'm giving a demonstration from Barclay's Center at 6 p.m. to City Hall, and that's the first stop -- and we're hoping [Mayor] De Blasio and [Gov.] Cuomo come out and talk to us and give the youth some direction," he told Fox News reporter Jacqui Heinrich.

"But if they don't, then [the] next stop is the Diamond District," he said, referring to a block on Manhattan's 47th Street known for jewelry shops. "And gasoline, thanks to Trump, is awfully cheap. So we're giving them a chance right now to do the right thing."

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:29:16 PM by bambu. »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37013 on: June 06, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »

My problem with MSNBC remains their keeping Al Sharpton on the payroll and their holding him up as a paragon of morality and virtue.

Amen brother

I'm not a fan of Sharpton either. I  never forgave him for his involvement and exploiting the Tawana Brawley incident.

Revered Al my ass.

He was a grown ass man and should have known and acted better.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:55:58 PM by bankshot1 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37014 on: June 06, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »

Yup.

But he's reformed! Just ask him.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37015 on: June 06, 2020, 08:25:46 PM »

https://www.leftvoice.org/sanders-police-reforms-include-a-wage-increase-for-cops?fbclid=IwAR1qbFfSy1trMZ1QBEeFcK-dGBw55rTCoIiVB5eYTQyom7xBoQWls5DjS_0

Bernie proposes paying more money to police to encourage them to be more humane.

I think he will be losing a bunch of followers from that move. They'll be pretty skeptical, especially since they want police to be defunded.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37016 on: June 06, 2020, 08:34:17 PM »

Meanwhile, down at the big island;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/sydney/incredible-moment-a-furious-black-lives-matters-protester-pepper-sprayed-by-police-unleashes-on-cops-at-sydneys-central-station-and-what-she-has-to-say-will-break-your-heart-as-tensions-escalate/ar-BB157rEt?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Speaker Jack Buckskin welcomed the large turnout, telling the gathering whether Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal, they were all part of the same society.

'This is about us coming together as people,' he said.
'Today we stand united. Our movement happens with people.
'We want people to walk alongside us. This is what Aboriginal people have been asking for.'

#####

Which has been happening since 1967.
In the last couple of years though, things have turned 'sour'. Division has occurred.

'RENT-A-CROWD WILL ONLY MOVE AUSTRALIA BACKWARDS'

Indigenous academic Anthony Dillon has said the protests are 'ridiculous'.

Writing for news.com.au he said that many protesters were not across the real issues and were protesting for the sake of it.
Mr Dillon pointed to research by the Australian Government that shows Aboriginal people are less likely to die in police custody than white people.

'What we are seeing now is ridiculous,' he wrote.

'If this was just a comedy show I would be laughing.

'But the antics of activists, social justice warriors, and their rent-a-crowds only move Australia backwards.'

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37017 on: June 06, 2020, 08:47:57 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37018 on: June 06, 2020, 08:53:33 PM »

Which begs the question:

Why hasn't anything been done about it in 55 years?

How many Presidents?   including a Black one for 8 long years!
How many Governors?
How many Mayors?
How many generations of citizens?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37019 on: June 06, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8393207/U-S-reduce-troop-numbers-Germany-U-S-official-says.html

27% reduction.

Has nothing to do with Angela Merkel, the WH assures us.
Pages: 1 ... 2466 2467 [2468] 2469 2470 ... 4288