Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2483 2484 [2485] 2486 2487 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998276 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37260 on: June 08, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »

Is anyone seriously going to consider Trump can speak and act in a unifying manner on this topic? Or any other topic, for that matter?

Kid. Bambi, maybe.

I'd rephrase as "Is anyone serious going to..."

That lets those two off.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37261 on: June 08, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »

Doesnt matter to you what Trump says in his address.

Just like last week pre-bible incident - and the speech he gave prior to that at SpaceX launch

Interesting that you'd say it doesn't matter to me. How and why would you draw such a conclusion? Why would it not matter to me or to anyone what the POTUS would have to say in a speech such as the one proposed?

Can you cite some positive quotes from the 2 speeches I mentioned?

Not until these two things happen:

You answer my questions. And you post the speeches you are referring to.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37262 on: June 08, 2020, 02:42:50 PM »

President Trump’s Job Approval rating has fallen to 41% among Registered Voters. That’s the lowest level measured in a Scott Rasmussen national survey. Fifty-seven percent (57%) currently disapprove.

Those numbers include 28% who Strongly Approve and 47% who Strongly Disapprove.

The president earns approval from 46% of white voters, 15% of black voters, and 31% of Hispanic voters.

While most rurual voters (55%) approve of the president’s performance, that view is shared by 39% of suburban voters and 31% of those living in urban areas.

Last week, polling conducted by Scott Rasmussen for JustTheNews.com found the president’s Job Approval at 45%. In fact, several months of survey results found President Trump’s approval ratings holding steady in the mid-40s.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37263 on: June 08, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »

Doesnt matter to you what Trump says in his address.

Because he's already made it abundantly clear where his feelings lie and what his positions are.  Also most of what he says are falsehoods and distortions anyway.

So was today another great day for George Floyd?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37265 on: June 08, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501612-white-house-considering-trump-speech-on-race-unity-report

President Trump could make a major address to the nation regarding policing and the recent protests over the death of George Floyd in Minnesota, White House aides say, according to a new report by CNN.

At the same time, CNN reported that some Trump advisers think the president can double down on his "law and order" message, even though he came under criticism last week because of it.

These advisers argue that the reduction in violence since Trump's statement last Monday would allow him to argue his actions have been effective.

The White House did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill on CNN's reporting.

"I believe you're going to be hearing from the president this week on this topic in some detail."---so, we will get what? 4 or 5 tweets quoting from "Lester Maddox's Big Book of Racial Harmony (with foreward by George Wallace)"?

Is anyone seriously going to consider Trump can speak and act in a unifying manner on this topic? Or any other topic, for that matter?

Trump unifying -fuck no.

This fucking speech is going to talk about what he's done for the coloreds, what do coloreds have to lose AND  his Lawn Order approach to MAGA.

He's horrifying.

But he knows TV and ratings.

I undersztand Trump is going to do his best Oda Mae Brown impression and channel George Floyd looking down on us from on high.

This is going to be mixed message must see TV.

get your popcorn and AR-15s ready Trump wants a fucking civil war.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37266 on: June 08, 2020, 02:45:53 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37267 on: June 08, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »

Trump is up 6 points with white voters 49% - 43%.

That's trouble.

Why DID Trump get 58% of the white vote in 2016, including 53% women?

http://www.theweek.com/articles/918145/russias-2020-plan

It’s good to know how you are keeping your hopes for an abrupt end to the American experiment alive.

Though you can never come back home again, it’s still important that you understand the shit pile you call a life didn’t happen because America failed you. It happened because you failed America. While treason is a natural response for a whiny little bitch, your hostility as always is misplaced. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37268 on: June 08, 2020, 02:57:51 PM »

Trump is up 6 points with white voters 49% - 43%.

That's trouble.

Why DID Trump get 58% of the white vote in 2016, including 53% women?

The majority of Americans did not vote for Trump.

BTW, still waiting for the answer to those direst questions I had for you. And post those speeches, too.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37269 on: June 08, 2020, 03:02:13 PM »

Derek Chauvin bail set at $1.25 million

From CNN’s Aaron Cooper

Should be interesting to see if anyone puts it up

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37270 on: June 08, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »

Maybe you can start a gofundme for him ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37271 on: June 08, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »

EDITOR’S NOTE: When staff writer LARRYBDNC wrote this piece in December 2018, we had no idea who George Floyd was or that he would die less than two years later under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer, igniting protests across the country and bringing “Black Lives Matter” back into the headlines. Donald Trump and other racists are already attempting to change the narrative, but “Blue Lives Matter” is as much a racist trope today as it was then.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/08/so-true-were-running-it-again-why-your-blue-lives-matter-flag-is-a-racist-symbol/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:29:15 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37273 on: June 08, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »

EDITOR’S NOTE: When staff writer LARRYBDNC wrote this piece in December 2018, we had no idea who George Floyd was or that he would die less than two years later under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer, igniting protests across the country and bringing “Black Lives Matter” back into the headlines. Donald Trump and other racists are already attempting to change the narrative, but “Blue Lives Matter” is as much a racist trope today as it was then.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/08/so-true-were-running-it-again-why-your-blue-lives-matter-flag-is-a-racist-symbol/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37274 on: June 08, 2020, 03:32:56 PM »

Maybe you can start a gofundme for him ...

Nah, man - not me

This guy will thankfully do real time.  Just matters for him now if he can get out.

5 mil bail would have been a nice number.
Pages: 1 ... 2483 2484 [2485] 2486 2487 ... 4288