Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998149 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37725 on: June 10, 2020, 04:53:18 PM »

---19 states see rising coronavirus cases and Arizona is asking its hospitals to activate emergency plans---

This is for the forced phase one, wait until the protester numbers kick in a few days from now.

Protestors wore masks for most part and were outdoors

Except for the ones who were snatched up by violent marauding gangs and put in cages. In many cases the gangs did not provide masks or even water to their victims.

DC National Guard Troops are testing positive. They are pissed about Lafayette Square.

Hard to tell which is the cause - mixing with protesters, mixing with police, or mixing among themselves.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37726 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:27 PM »

Our dear leader's campaign wants CNN to apologize over a poll it conducted showing him trailing Joey B.

Fucking amazing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/trump-campaign-cnn-poll/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

The CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

What the Trump campaign didn't understand was that the poll might have understated Biden's lead as many Dems and decent people had taken to the streets in protest and couldn't hear or answer their phones aamongst the crowd.

In any case its reaffirming to see our dear leader's selective protection of our constitution, and which of our rights to defend (right to bear arms and tear gas) and which to shit on (suppress freedom of the press/ free speech).

I half expect Fuehrer and Balanced to run Trump campaign polls to fuehrer and re-balance reality more to their liking.

From March 2020

So attorneys for the Donald J. Trump for President campaign sent their own cease-and-desist letter, one that suggested that not removing the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” with the Federal Communications Commission.

In the letter, which can be seen below, the attorneys accuse Priorities USA of stitching together fragments from multiple Trump speeches to “fraudulently and maliciously imply” that he called the coronavirus outbreak a “hoax.”

The attorneys claim Trump “was talking about the Democrat’s politicization of the outbreak when he used the word ‘hoax.’”

The letter claims that because the ad’s central point is “deliberately false and misleading, your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements, to serve the public interest, and to avoid costly and time-consuming litigation.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-campaign-threat-critical-ad_n_5e7d0365c5b6256a7a272704
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37727 on: June 10, 2020, 05:00:15 PM »

---19 states see rising coronavirus cases and Arizona is asking its hospitals to activate emergency plans---

This is for the forced phase one, wait until the protester numbers kick in a few days from now.

Except for the ones who were snatched up by violent marauding gangs and put in cages. In many cases the gangs did not provide masks or even water to their victims.

DC National Guard Troops are testing positive. They are pissed about Lafayette Square.

Hard to tell which is the cause - mixing with protesters, mixing with police, or mixing among themselves.

One guy thinks quartering in the hotels with out of state units caused the spread. He said a lot of the out of towners wouldn’t wear masks.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37728 on: June 10, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #37729 on: June 10, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »

I think we call this rewriting history. Propagandists do that. I now fully understand how important is for you to creative a narrative that supports your innate bias towards anyone who does not automatically adhere to your strict views.

I've provided numerous factual examples that back my views.  You have provided zero.  Then call me the propagandist while claiming to have the moral high ground.

You needed to think a little longer before responding.

Uh-huh. Sure. You're proving my point. As this post illustrates, I did not call you a propagandist. But, here you are claiming such.

You believe you see what's in front of you, but you seem blind in so many ways.

LOL.  And Jayson Blair proves that all media is equally biased.

Have a good one!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #37730 on: June 10, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

A lot of words saying absolutely nothing.

I mean, give peace a chance, right?  Why didn't anyone ever think of that before!

If there are no reasons why we can't all just get along, then how did the "dark forces of Trump" come to power in the first place?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:07:46 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37731 on: June 10, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »

It was the Trump pre-gas attack speech.

Dumb fuck doesn't wear a mask

Trump quoted one of Reagan's most famous speechs

"sometime, when the Guard is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and gas them for the Trumper...

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37732 on: June 10, 2020, 05:07:47 PM »

Hard to tell which is the cause

A lack of social distancing?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37733 on: June 10, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »

Mental illness in the executive branch led directly to physical illness in the guard.

Quarantine trump and all fascist superspreaders.

Quarantine Kemp, Ducey, Desantis, and Abbott.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37734 on: June 10, 2020, 05:48:29 PM »

Brown and King have retained an attorney who said DPD needs to change their behavior and their policies surrounding the use of pepper ball rounds.

Well, there you have it...

15 minutes of fame and cha-ching!

You are such a miserable bastard.

If the cops lit you up for no reason you would say, hey! No problem?

The dude begged them to keep shooting his car

And now will try to profit from it.

Who the fuck brings his pregnant wife to a protest zone at night to do Doordash?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37735 on: June 10, 2020, 05:52:20 PM »

Trump holds roundtable on race relations

FOX covered it.

Doesn't seem anyone else cared to.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37736 on: June 10, 2020, 05:53:52 PM »

Brown and King have retained an attorney who said DPD needs to change their behavior and their policies surrounding the use of pepper ball rounds.

Well, there you have it...

15 minutes of fame and cha-ching!

You are such a miserable bastard.

If the cops lit you up for no reason you would say, hey! No problem?

The dude begged them to keep shooting his car

And now will try to profit from it.

Who the fuck brings his pregnant wife to a protest zone at night to do Doordash?

As ever, you cut to the heart of things.

Police should always break the law when taunted for having already broken the law.

And how dare he go out with his wife?

Here - I am sure you can explain this one as not the police officers' responsiility:

https://www.facebook.com/RomanyMalco/videos/3614203661929898/UzpfSTEwNDAyODQ5OjEwMTAwODA2NDE1MjU5MjU1/?sk=h_chr
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37737 on: June 10, 2020, 05:57:20 PM »

Trump holds roundtable on race relations

FOX covered it.

Doesn't seem anyone else cared to.

PBS, CNN, ABC, CBS, WaPo... those are at a casual glance. They covered it on Monday, when it happened and some on Tuesday.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #37739 on: June 10, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »

News Item
June 8, 2020

PIERRE, S.D. – Today, Governor Kristi Noem outlined some of the lessons that South Dakota has learned from our fight against COVID-19. Key quotes from Gov. Noem’s remarks include:

“Perhaps the most significant takeaway so far is that more freedom, not more government, is the answer… Freedom is a better friend of true science than government-centered and government-controlled science. Freedom, not government, is the best friend of innovation. Freedom focuses our politics on persuasion and the intellectual strength of our positions, not on control, coercion or the heavy hand of government. And if someone is interested in the common good in all its iterations and complexities, freedom is the one and only choice.”

“My approach to this virus was to provide South Dakotans with all the information I could and then trust them to exercise their freedom to make the best decision for themselves and their families. We took a unique path - we haven't locked people up, forced businesses or churches to close, or ordered a statewide shelter in place.”

“The mainstream media attack those who push for freedom and for people to be able to make the best decisions for their families.  But politicians who take away people’s freedoms and enforce lockdowns are praised – and shielded from real scrutiny.”

“Some think COVID-19 will accelerate the move of people out of cities. That story is still being written, but one of the few things we know about this virus is that density is one of the key factors contributing to its spread. Because of that, New York and Silicon Valley may look very different in the future.”

“Not all Governors trusted their people, but I did. Different paths mean people have different choices, and South Dakota chose common sense solutions.  If you want freedom, personal responsibility, and a government that works for you rather than dictates to you, South Dakota is the place to get it.”

“Our new normal may be very different from the past, but don’t ever forget this one fundamental truth - the windshield is so much bigger than the rearview mirror for a reason. In South Dakota, we always confront adversity and emerge into even greater prosperity. The future – our future – is bright. Hope is in front of us. We will come out stronger than ever before. And to those concerned about what the future might hold for you if you stay where you are right now, come to South Dakota – the air is fresh, the people are free, and the possibilities are endless.”
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 4288