Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998053 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37785 on: June 10, 2020, 09:20:29 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/primary-results-today-highlights/index.html

State Rep. Nancy Mace, the first woman to graduate from The Citadel, won her Republican primary in South Carolina, CNN projected Tuesday evening, setting her up against Democratic Rep. Joe Cunningham in one of the most competitive House races in the country.
Mace is running with the backing of the Club for Growth PAC and is touting her support for President Donald Trump in the Lowcountry district he won in 2016 by over a dozen points. Mace, who lost a Senate primary to Lindsey Graham in 2014, made headlines last year for telling her own story of rape on the state House floor when advocating for a rape and incest exemption in an anti-abortion bil

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37786 on: June 10, 2020, 09:21:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/primary-results-today-highlights/index.html

State Rep. Nancy Mace, the first woman to graduate from The Citadel, won her Republican primary in South Carolina, CNN projected Tuesday evening, setting her up against Democratic Rep. Joe Cunningham in one of the most competitive House races in the country.
Mace is running with the backing of the Club for Growth PAC and is touting her support for President Donald Trump in the Lowcountry district he won in 2016 by over a dozen points. Mace, who lost a Senate primary to Lindsey Graham in 2014, made headlines last year for telling her own story of rape on the state House floor when advocating for a rape and incest exemption in an anti-abortion bil

I am pleased to see an increased presence of women from the GOP.

She did a good job in her campaign.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37787 on: June 10, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »

I’m optimistic in spite of this shit!

Well, at least he didn’t say we have no buoyancy.

“My point is I understand African Americans have a higher incidence of chronic conditions and it makes them more susceptible to death from COVID. But why it doesn’t make them more susceptible to just get COVID. Could it just be that African Americans or the colored population do not wash their hands as well as other groups or wear a mask or do not socially distance themselves? That could be the explanation of the higher incidence?”

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/lawmaker-asks-colored-population-not-washing-their-hands-well-others-behind-covid-rates/mnI4I0D4DHS5uscmbpqcQL/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37788 on: June 10, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »

Meanwhile, in the USA the GOP is practicing to suppress the vote.

New 100 mil system in Ga and Republicans could still flummox it?

heh

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37789 on: June 10, 2020, 09:25:02 PM »

I am pleased to see an increased presence of women from the GOP.

She did a good job in her campaign.

Club for growth...

Another prolifer who wants to drown the baby in the bathtub
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37790 on: June 10, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

Come on.

America told Obama to get that shit out of here.

White America has consistently voted Republican against their own interests because they think the policies will deny access to minorities who do only want free stuff.
They feel they should get the same policies because they have either earned them or they deserve them When the policies they voted against don’t benefit them, either they blame it on the mooches and takers of the “inner city.”

Remember when Trump shut down the government (ever notice how many times in the GOP closed down the government or default on our debts to get their way?) and when the pain hit a woman whose husband was in service and therefore getting boned, she complained Trump wasn’t hurting the people he’s supposed to hurt!

LBJ once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you. Give him someone to blame and he’ll lick your pecker and tickle your bunghole!”

Are you saying things won't change because "White America" is too committed to racism to change?

I’m saying things haven’t changed because WHITE AMERICA has been too committed to racism to change.

I’ve said several times over the last two weeks I have never been this hopeful for 5he future in my entire adult life.

Yes, haven't changed. But I believe it can change, and perhaps there is much more will to have it change than perhaps either of us may know.

But it starts with each of us. You and me and all other Americans, not just a portion of America.

Vote.

Fuck me...

Did you see yesterday’s primaries?

I won't apologize for being optimistic about my fellow Americans.

You can afford to be optimistic all the time.

I tell you I’m more hopeful NOW than at any time in my adult life and you keep making it all about YOU.

You don’t hear shit if you don’t listen.

Gee. I've tried to be respectful during our conversation. Please try to reciprocate.

I hear your anger. I hear your frustration. I hear your pain. And I empathize.

But it's not yours alone. I hate to see do much discord in my country.

I'm looking for ways to advance how we treat each other.

So I'm asking you to consider a softer tone when you respond to me. Softer. Not conciliatory. Say what you need to say, but try to write as respectfully as I'm sure you'd like to be addressed.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37791 on: June 10, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »

heh

It wasn't the system, in total. It was the execution of the system couple with denial that the system itself could have *any* problems.

Most of the issues could and should have been anticipated.

barton

« Reply #37792 on: June 10, 2020, 09:36:07 PM »

“Not all Governors trusted their people, but I did. Different paths mean people have different choices, and South Dakota chose common sense solutions.

'Except for our Native American residents, who I did not trust and whose different paths I attempted to stymie.'

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37794 on: June 10, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »

heh

Hey Pollyanna!

Who was in charge of the system?

Why did the governor decide to over ride the bid of an experienced company to contract with the firm that had never provided such a service but was represented by the guy who used to be CoS of the Gov when Kemp was Sec.State.

100 mill funneled to a supporter for machines that had been used before but were deployed on a huge scale for the first time.

Win win for the GOP

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37795 on: June 10, 2020, 09:48:21 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

Come on.

America told Obama to get that shit out of here.

White America has consistently voted Republican against their own interests because they think the policies will deny access to minorities who do only want free stuff.
They feel they should get the same policies because they have either earned them or they deserve them When the policies they voted against don’t benefit them, either they blame it on the mooches and takers of the “inner city.”

Remember when Trump shut down the government (ever notice how many times in the GOP closed down the government or default on our debts to get their way?) and when the pain hit a woman whose husband was in service and therefore getting boned, she complained Trump wasn’t hurting the people he’s supposed to hurt!

LBJ once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you. Give him someone to blame and he’ll lick your pecker and tickle your bunghole!”

Are you saying things won't change because "White America" is too committed to racism to change?

I’m saying things haven’t changed because WHITE AMERICA has been too committed to racism to change.

I’ve said several times over the last two weeks I have never been this hopeful for 5he future in my entire adult life.

Yes, haven't changed. But I believe it can change, and perhaps there is much more will to have it change than perhaps either of us may know.

But it starts with each of us. You and me and all other Americans, not just a portion of America.

Vote.

Fuck me...

Did you see yesterday’s primaries?

I won't apologize for being optimistic about my fellow Americans.

You can afford to be optimistic all the time.

I tell you I’m more hopeful NOW than at any time in my adult life and you keep making it all about YOU.

You don’t hear shit if you don’t listen.

Gee. I've tried to be respectful during our conversation. Please try to reciprocate.

I hear your anger. I hear your frustration. I hear your pain. And I empathize.

But it's not yours alone. I hate to see do much discord in my country.

I'm looking for ways to advance how we treat each other.

So I'm asking you to consider a softer tone when you respond to me. Softer. Not conciliatory. Say what you need to say, but try to write as respectfully as I'm sure you'd like to be addressed.

You just told me you don’t like my tone.

Noted.

Fuck that.

I’ve earned the right to be a.crotchety old bastard.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37796 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »

heh

Nice post you slimy turd.

Larry covered most of it, but since you are slow it bears repeating.

They misallocated the 100 mil to by a pre-flummoxed system instead of the tools to administer free, fair, transparent, and efficient elections. Kemp barely kept his nuts with all the hanky panky he pulled to become governor. He and everyone around him knew and still knows he’s the type of crap individual who’s governorship and who’s party’s stewardship would become less popular by the day while being pulled down by the bunker baby. Their solution was even more hanky panky on an even greater industrial scale. Thus the “improvements”. A vulture feeding public money to cronies who have no intention or ability to do anything but a shitty job is no virtue, but only a deeper and filthier level of vice.

That’s why the management of elections in Georgia rises to the same level of quality as the federal Covid response.

That’s why your party and it’s tottering leadership polls the way it polls.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37797 on: June 10, 2020, 09:54:05 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37798 on: June 10, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »

heh

Hey Pollyanna!

Not Pollyanna. Renfield.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37799 on: June 10, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 ... 4288