Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2519 2520 [2521] 2522 2523 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997856 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37800 on: June 10, 2020, 10:08:44 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

Come on.

America told Obama to get that shit out of here.

White America has consistently voted Republican against their own interests because they think the policies will deny access to minorities who do only want free stuff.
They feel they should get the same policies because they have either earned them or they deserve them When the policies they voted against don’t benefit them, either they blame it on the mooches and takers of the “inner city.”

Remember when Trump shut down the government (ever notice how many times in the GOP closed down the government or default on our debts to get their way?) and when the pain hit a woman whose husband was in service and therefore getting boned, she complained Trump wasn’t hurting the people he’s supposed to hurt!

LBJ once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you. Give him someone to blame and he’ll lick your pecker and tickle your bunghole!”

Are you saying things won't change because "White America" is too committed to racism to change?

I’m saying things haven’t changed because WHITE AMERICA has been too committed to racism to change.

I’ve said several times over the last two weeks I have never been this hopeful for 5he future in my entire adult life.

Yes, haven't changed. But I believe it can change, and perhaps there is much more will to have it change than perhaps either of us may know.

But it starts with each of us. You and me and all other Americans, not just a portion of America.

Vote.

Fuck me...

Did you see yesterday’s primaries?

I won't apologize for being optimistic about my fellow Americans.

You can afford to be optimistic all the time.

I tell you I’m more hopeful NOW than at any time in my adult life and you keep making it all about YOU.

You don’t hear shit if you don’t listen.

Meanwhile, in the USA the GOP is practicing to suppress the vote.

Gee. I've tried to be respectful during our conversation. Please try to reciprocate.

I hear your anger. I hear your frustration. I hear your pain. And I empathize.

But it's not yours alone. I hate to see do much discord in my country.

I'm looking for ways to advance how we treat each other.

So I'm asking you to consider a softer tone when you respond to me. Softer. Not conciliatory. Say what you need to say, but try to write as respectfully as I'm sure you'd like to be addressed.

You just told me you don’t like my tone.

Noted.

Fuck that.

I’ve earned the right to be a.crotchety old bastard.

Perhaps you have earned that right. But, I'm asking you to consider that your "right" is undermining your message. Call it "self-defeating" behavior. Anyway, despite  the coarse exterior I can sense a warm heart within.

Be well.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37801 on: June 10, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »

I had pointed out that if we have elections in November, Biden will be inaugurated as the 45th rightful President of The United States in January.

Following that, there was some controversy about how to numerically signify drumpf.

Steve Schmidt has solved it and I wanted to share his solution here early before it starts peppering the airwaves.

Drumpf is number 2, the second president.

Of the confederacy, right after Jefferson Davis.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37802 on: June 10, 2020, 10:19:24 PM »

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37803 on: June 10, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »

Stephen King Compares Trump To Cthulhu; Cthulhu Issues Angry Denial

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37804 on: June 10, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"

Perhaps I should be more clear. Everyone wants ready access to quality health care, housing, education, steady income, security, and a future for their children. But I understand the notion behind John Prine's song, "Some Humans Ain't Human", too. (Song found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWotODqidE)

I think that the way forward for our country is to acknowledge the needs of everyone, and to consider everyone as worthy of having those needs met and in fair and just ways. Our system allows for great debate on just how to do so, and I believe that setting the goal of providing fair access to those things I just mentioned in the last paragraph is what needs to take place.

That's what Biden has to do. George H. W. Bush called it "the vision thing". Setting that vision for all is far more important to gathering the nation together, IMO, than strictly attacking the dark forces of Trump.

Come on.

America told Obama to get that shit out of here.

White America has consistently voted Republican against their own interests because they think the policies will deny access to minorities who do only want free stuff.
They feel they should get the same policies because they have either earned them or they deserve them When the policies they voted against don’t benefit them, either they blame it on the mooches and takers of the “inner city.”

Remember when Trump shut down the government (ever notice how many times in the GOP closed down the government or default on our debts to get their way?) and when the pain hit a woman whose husband was in service and therefore getting boned, she complained Trump wasn’t hurting the people he’s supposed to hurt!

LBJ once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you. Give him someone to blame and he’ll lick your pecker and tickle your bunghole!”

Are you saying things won't change because "White America" is too committed to racism to change?

I’m saying things haven’t changed because WHITE AMERICA has been too committed to racism to change.

I’ve said several times over the last two weeks I have never been this hopeful for 5he future in my entire adult life.

Yes, haven't changed. But I believe it can change, and perhaps there is much more will to have it change than perhaps either of us may know.

But it starts with each of us. You and me and all other Americans, not just a portion of America.

Vote.

Fuck me...

Did you see yesterday’s primaries?

I won't apologize for being optimistic about my fellow Americans.

You can afford to be optimistic all the time.

I tell you I’m more hopeful NOW than at any time in my adult life and you keep making it all about YOU.

You don’t hear shit if you don’t listen.

Meanwhile, in the USA the GOP is practicing to suppress the vote.

Gee. I've tried to be respectful during our conversation. Please try to reciprocate.

I hear your anger. I hear your frustration. I hear your pain. And I empathize.

But it's not yours alone. I hate to see do much discord in my country.

I'm looking for ways to advance how we treat each other.

So I'm asking you to consider a softer tone when you respond to me. Softer. Not conciliatory. Say what you need to say, but try to write as respectfully as I'm sure you'd like to be addressed.

You just told me you don’t like my tone.

Noted.

Fuck that.

I’ve earned the right to be a.crotchety old bastard.

Perhaps you have earned that right. But, I'm asking you to consider that your "right" is undermining your message. Call it "self-defeating" behavior. Anyway, despite  the coarse exterior I can sense a warm heart within.

Be well.

Then you don’t hear what I’m saying you only hear I am not giving you proper deference to police myself so as not to make you uncomfortable.

That’s not my problem
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37805 on: June 10, 2020, 11:29:23 PM »

Trump to reboot campaign with a rally in TULSA on June 19.

Just when you think the motherfucker can’t go any lower he always does.

This is worse than Reagan kicking off his 1980 campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37806 on: June 10, 2020, 11:34:24 PM »

Trump to reboot campaign with a rally in TULSA on June 19.

Got to be deliberate that he's (a) having it in Tulsa and (b) on Juneteenth.

But on top of it, Covid-19 cases are spiking there.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37807 on: June 11, 2020, 12:00:19 AM »

The biggest grocery store chain in Pittsburgh, Giant Eagle, just told the biggest newspaper, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, to fuck off for the paper's racism.

It is impossible to understand all the senseless deaths of African Americans, including George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and too many others whose stories have been pulled into the national spotlight, as well as the countless victims whose stories go untold. We at Giant Eagle have taken time to self-reflect on what we as individuals and as an organization must do to stand up against racism and social injustice. Words are important, but they are not nearly enough. The time for action is now.

At Giant Eagle, we have begun a series of efforts that we hope will allow us and others to support our African American Team Members, guests and neighbors. The company and the Giant Eagle Foundation have partnered to contribute $350,000 to support social justice causes. Additionally, all our Giant Eagle, Market District and GetGo locations will be closed between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. this Saturday, June 13, so we can begin to engage our Team Members in a discussion about our personal experiences and what steps can be taken to affect change in ourselves and in our communities.

In western Pennsylvania, we have also made the decision to halt sales of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette due to recent actions by the publication. It is critical that we uphold the values that have defined Giant Eagle for nearly 90 years. These measures will remain in place until the publication demonstrates an equal commitment to all those in the communities it serves.

We must take every opportunity to put ourselves in each other’s shoes. We will slip up. We will make mistakes. But as long as we are open, honest and sincerely listen to one another, we will make positive, long-lasting change.

Laura Shapira Karet,
President & Chief Executive Officer
Giant Eagle, Inc.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37808 on: June 11, 2020, 12:07:25 AM »

Trump is trying to cause a cascade of race riots so he can play savior to the white race. Hitler but with more micropenis and a worse haircut.

Fuck him. I hope he makes the press fly commercial and his plane goes down in a fireball with Hannity, Carlson, the freaks from the five, Oan, and RT staffers all on board. We can mark the site of the crash with a urinal commemorating the life and times of donald trump.

If trump avoids God’s justice on the way there, I think the best thing is to stay clear of the event and let mister sinking in the polls have his day.

Most likely a few hundred of Oklahoma’s most trump thirsty virulent crackers will self rapture as a result and even more of their co-religionists will get caught up in the secondary die off. It could have a positive impact on Oklahoma’s culture for a generation that way.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37809 on: June 11, 2020, 12:34:46 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37810 on: June 11, 2020, 01:33:24 AM »

Trump knows any society ready to take down statues of Robert E Lee, who never complained of bone spurs, is likely either to forget him entirely or use his name for federally subsidized toilet paper distributed to the destitute and used exclusively in federal prisons. Trump could spend his declining years wiping his ass with his own fake name. This thought is one of the many that keeps him up at night.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37811 on: June 11, 2020, 02:50:36 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/06/10/trumps-peddling-of-a-conspiracy-theory-about-antifa-and-protesters-is-part-of-a-right-wing-trend/

This exposes the sucking chest wound in the whole fascist game. We see it play out here nearly every damn day.

And the right wing is kicking and screaming cause in the end they’ve got nothing of value to say.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37812 on: June 11, 2020, 02:55:24 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/09/farm-workers-coronavirus-309897

One of the many many things we’ll forever regret about letting trump steal a term in office.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37813 on: June 11, 2020, 03:58:19 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/06/10/trumps-peddling-of-a-conspiracy-theory-about-antifa-and-protesters-is-part-of-a-right-wing-trend/

This exposes the sucking chest wound in the whole fascist game. We see it play out here nearly every damn day.

And the right wing is kicking and screaming cause in the end they’ve got nothing of value to say.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37814 on: June 11, 2020, 04:35:40 AM »

The statue, which was dedicated in December 1927, was the first statue of Columbus erected in the South, according to The Times-Dispatch.

Native Americans have been calling for states to replace Columbus Day, which is celebrated the second Monday in October, with Indigenous Peoples’ Day. They have said that Columbus’s discovery of the New World led to the genocide of Indigenous populations in the Americas.

Mayor Levar Stoney of Richmond responded to the incident in Byrd Park on Twitter on Wednesday, saying that “the atrocities inflicted upon Indigenous people by Christopher Columbus are unconscionable.” He added that the city began celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day rather than Columbus Day last year.

#####

Christopher Columbus...gone...in the lake, and 'off with his head" elsewhere.
A symbol of White Supremacy, apparently.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 2519 2520 [2521] 2522 2523 ... 4288