Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2531 2532 [2533] 2534 2535 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997693 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37980 on: June 12, 2020, 01:25:34 AM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37981 on: June 12, 2020, 01:27:24 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37982 on: June 12, 2020, 01:38:05 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37983 on: June 12, 2020, 01:40:47 AM »

Interesting take published by my old outfit

https://sojo.net/articles/no-more-begging-our-humanity
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37984 on: June 12, 2020, 02:35:12 AM »

And if you don't think Larry is oppressed, think again.

He's a Knick fan afterall ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37985 on: June 12, 2020, 02:44:38 AM »

I agree it is time to rethink policing. But I also think it is well past time for the public at large to decide that it is as fed up with the poverty, substandard housing, limited access to quality health care, food insecurity, and other issues of disparity that create the trauma with which far too many Americans live each day. And that is particularly a dire circumstance for children.

Yeah, there's always an extra $1T for a good old-fashioned war and occupation -- to destroy and maim an entire country such as Afghanistan or wherever.   Or we can always give $1T back to mega-wealthy corporations and their rich owners/execs.  But then there's no money to help actual poor people improve their lives and amke this a better more equal society.

I always think that you want money in the hands of the poor, because they are the ones most likely to spend and recycle that money through the economy.  Because they need stuff.  They create demand.  Companies just sit on cash hoards or buy back their stock if the demand isn't there.  And the wealthy choose how and when to spend, and prefer luxury items when they do.

And if you provide poor people the genuine opportunity to get a good education and have pathways to success, the crime rate will drop (and remember that jails are as costly as university) and in time there will be fewer poor people and more productive citizens which I assume is one goal.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:09:44 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37986 on: June 12, 2020, 03:10:31 AM »

Thank you for the prep notes on today’s spectacle. It sounds gruesome enough that I’m glad to be emotionally guarded before wading into the details of today’s chapter of American Carnage 2020.

Since de Klerk, certain racist cunts who fancy themselves clever, when they feel the tide of history sweeping up their legs, try to divert the righteously enraged and active toward the strange fruit hanging in the branches and away from the trunk and the roots In order to protect the whole evil tree.

Bambi is just that sort of cunt.

Thank you for marking you self out, darling.

We’ll get to what it means for you in time.

I don't feel like apologising for anything I didn't do.
If I lived in America no way I'd be kneeling before anyone on earth.

We got it, Bambi.

You really don't need to trot your selfish ignorance in front of us repeatedly. Honest.

Nobody ever helped you. You are a self-made man. You built your country on land created from stone that nobody ever touched - it wasn't taken from others. Your clothing and home are from materials you grew, not from corporations that took advantage of people.

I did enough "yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir/maam" grovelling and apologising, and having people speaking to me like I was dirt, in the workplace to last me 3 life times.
Apologising to women shouting at me every time I made the slightest mistake.
I'm a self made nothing.
I was just lucky. Lucky married women were not allowed to work in the industry that was chosen for me by my parents...'like father, like son', and all that jazz. So although I failed graduation high school [got a pass certificate after 3 years of HS that said I was OK]...the 'turnover' meant there was a vacancy for me.
Anyway, being the son of a senior pirate flag waving man, a job would've been found for me somewhere.
My first boss in the govt organisation also waved the pirate flag and came to our home quite often....funny about that.
At 16 I was shipped off to finishing school in the CBD every Sat morning for 12 months to make me a "nature's gentleman".
Elocution, etiquette, speak the Queen's english to a high and polite standard.
Like 'Walt Kowalski' in Gran Torino, I was lucky enough to get "one of the best women who's ever lived" to marry me.
She of Irish Catholic, Irish Protestant, English Protestant, with a splash of Indigenous Australian thrown in along the way, descent.
I fought the good fight for equal pay/equal rights for women, I spent time on the radio lobbying for better housing etc for Indigenous people, and supported the campaigns for 'fair chocolate' and 'fair prices for factory workers' in Bangladesh etc.
Not my fault the British invaded the land and stole it from the Indigenous people.
Immigrant people were moving into my old neighbourhood, seeking homes to buy.
I renovated our home, made it desirable, if older.
I ripped off no one, just auctioned it and made the buyers pay top dollar.

No more grovelling, kneeling, surrendering, apologising for existing, will I be doing.
I'll be departing this life standing straight up.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:25:19 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37987 on: June 12, 2020, 03:29:35 AM »

Thank you for the prep notes on today’s spectacle. It sounds gruesome enough that I’m glad to be emotionally guarded before wading into the details of today’s chapter of American Carnage 2020.

Since de Klerk, certain racist cunts who fancy themselves clever, when they feel the tide of history sweeping up their legs, try to divert the righteously enraged and active toward the strange fruit hanging in the branches and away from the trunk and the roots In order to protect the whole evil tree.

You know the rules...don't try to tell me everyone in the world is not doing it;

"Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37988 on: June 12, 2020, 03:43:01 AM »

I’d rather be on the losing side of a war beside and among black and brown people than be on the winning side of a war among people who wanted to be at war with other people at heart because they happen to be black or brown.

It’s 2020.

Statues, judges, prosecutors, legislators, cops put in place against that idea all got to come down.

Don't blow up NYC [or have people who live on your land blow up NYC] and you won't have your land lit up like the 4th July.
Simple.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37989 on: June 12, 2020, 03:44:46 AM »

You know the rules...don't try to tell me everyone in the world is not doing it;

We've told you.

You simply refuse to believe it because if it is true that not everyone does it, then what does that say about you?

People look out for me. I look out for them. I look out for others, too. Why? Because I can and there is need.

And if you needed help, I would try to help you, too.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37990 on: June 12, 2020, 04:01:26 AM »

Interesting take published by my old outfit

https://sojo.net/articles/no-more-begging-our-humanity

I’ve got it open but I can tell it will take some of tomorrow to give it it’s due.

Thanks

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37991 on: June 12, 2020, 04:13:09 AM »

And I rest my case, your honor.

Bambi love, how much more rich and fulfilling would your storied career had been if instead of clocking out of work when you left the shop, you were on the clock till your door shut behind you and you punched in the second you stepped out again. Every time for every purpose you ever left the house. You’d have had your union card from birth and started working shifts by preschool at the latest. Oh, and get this. One of the terms of your employment, reasonable posters here please pardon my French, is that while you work you never take your monkey suit off so it’s very clear even at a distance where you sit in the glorious chain of employment. With a career like that Bambu, how much wiser would you be today than the desiccated crippled loser you are now?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37992 on: June 12, 2020, 04:13:54 AM »

And if you don't think Larry is oppressed, think again.

He's a Knick fan afterall ...

Fucking critical hit, you bastard.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37993 on: June 12, 2020, 04:15:47 AM »

We've told you.

You simply refuse to believe it because if it is true that not everyone does it, then what does that say about you?

People look out for me. I look out for them. I look out for others, too. Why? Because I can and there is need.

And if you needed help, I would try to help you, too.

But when push comes to shove, you look after yourself and yours first.
You do, that's what everyone does.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37994 on: June 12, 2020, 04:30:44 AM »

It’s what all the animals do.

The ones that get poisoned.

The ones that get eaten.

The one who still manage to breed in the walls.

The ones that find sustenance rooting through trash.

Would you like you belly rubbed for being just barely in one way as good as a jackal or a lemming?
Pages: 1 ... 2531 2532 [2533] 2534 2535 ... 4288