Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996252 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38190 on: June 13, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »

“Others laid the blame for the violence at the feet of police, or even the government. In a country that has engineered the covert infiltration and disruption of domestic political groups through schemes like COINTELPRO, it’s hardly a stretch to think that government officials might be responsible for provoking conflict and chaos. It was, after all, the FBI that surveilled the same Dr. King that white America now reveres, going so far as to send him a letter they hoped would drive him to suicide.

Regardless of what forces catalyzed the violence spilling into our streets, it should hardly surprise us.“

https://sojo.net/articles/blood-we-are-seeing-street-was-always-there
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38191 on: June 13, 2020, 07:19:17 PM »

I'm not opposed to social justice. If it's real, and if it accommodates reality.
The SVU piece is idiocy, and only and idiot would take it seriously.

I feel about the SVU piece the way I do about the West Wing examples used to illustrate liberal failings or COPS as evidence of how either the US or Portland, OR, operates.

But I think your view of real/reality is badly skewed and it results in your mocking people who work for social justice.

Well, considering you have no real inkling of how I live my life, you'd be wrong. Again.

You and Ham share this trait.

You think that how you post here does not represent how you live your life.

So, I may be wrong. (You might try using that sentence, sometime, btw.) But if I am wrong, it is because you lie in your posts.

But since my comment wasn't about "how you life your life," but rather "your view of real/reality," and hence, "your mocking people who work for social justice," your claim about my views about how you live your life are STUPID and IRRELEVANT.

You mock people who work for social justice. We have all seen it. You can claim you didn't or go back and edit posts (more), but it won't change what you have done.

And while there are other reasons for why you might do it, my suggestion (and others') that your view of things is broken is probably worth some time on your part considering the notion.

Just because almost everybody disagrees with you doesn't prove that you are right.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38192 on: June 13, 2020, 07:29:22 PM »

Unrelated to some people's identity crises is this gem from the Trump DoJ:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/doj-courts-cant-hold-doj-accountable-if-it-drops-a-case-for-corrupt-reasons

Such a great line, this one:
(Dept'y Solicitor Gen. Wall) added that the “spectacle” would end up “impugning the motives of the Attorney General of the United States.”

DOJ: Courts Can’t Hold DOJ Accountable If It Drops A Case For Corrupt Reasons

The Justice Department defended its decision to drop charges against Michael Flynn at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday, arguing broadly that any scrutiny of its decision would wreak havoc on the department.

U.S. Deputy Solicitor General Jeff Wall cast the argument in stark constitutional terms, suggesting that the judge in the Flynn case had already damaged both the Justice Department and the judiciary by subjecting the DOJ’s decision to move to drop charges against Flynn to public examination.

“This has already become, and I think is only becoming more of, a public spectacle,” Wall said of actions by U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan for the District of Columbia.
“You’ll have a proceeding forcing us to explain ourselves,” Wall said. “The district court has left itself room not just for documents of that kind or witnesses; that is going to intrude on our deliberative process.”

He added that the “spectacle” would end up “impugning the motives of the Attorney General of the United States.” Wall described the amicus brief of John Gleeson — the outside attorney Sullivan appointed to oppose the DOJ request to dismiss the case — as a “polemic” alleging “gross misconduct.”

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38193 on: June 13, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »

BTW ----- If the Rolling Stone article was so idiotic,  why did you bother to post it?

Don't hold your breath waiting for UNO to explain his reasoning.

barton

« Reply #38194 on: June 13, 2020, 07:35:22 PM »

I'm not opposed to social justice. If it's real, and if it accommodates reality.

I feel about the SVU piece the way I do about the West Wing examples used to illustrate liberal failings or COPS as evidence of how either the US or Portland, OR, operates.

But I think your view of real/reality is badly skewed and it results in your mocking people who work for social justice.

Well, considering you have no real inkling of how I live my life, you'd be wrong. Again.

You and Ham share this trait....

Erm...

barton

« Reply #38195 on: June 13, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38196 on: June 13, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »

You and Ham share this trait....

Erm...

Shhh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38197 on: June 13, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »

Keisha Bottoms itinerary:

1)   Fire 2 officers

2)  Hire black commissioner

3)  Allow rioters to wreck city

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38198 on: June 13, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »

Keisha Bottoms itinerary:

1)   Fire 2 officers

2)  Hire black commissioner

3)  Allow rioters to wreck city

Yeah - pretty sure that last is inaccurate.  But go with it - it's only Elba.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38199 on: June 13, 2020, 08:26:52 PM »

Well.... can't go for the batshit crazy Indian.  Bottoms or Rice would be cool.  Interesting there is no Stacy Abrams mentioned

sorry, forgot the link

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/06/13/bidens-vp-list-narrows-warren-harris-susan-rice-others/24522154/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38200 on: June 13, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »

Atlanta cops should have:

1)  Knocked on the window and asked the man to please drive away (though drunk)

2)  Asked for the man to get out of his car, told him he would not be arrested and asked him to call a buddy for a ride

3)  Arrested the man - using force such as kicking in the groin to disable

4)  Tried to arrest the man - but using zero force, allowing the inebriated man in the end to walk/run away when they couldn't subdue him with just their hands

5)  other
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:46:42 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38201 on: June 13, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38202 on: June 13, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38203 on: June 13, 2020, 09:21:51 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38204 on: June 13, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »

The Secret Service has admitted that they used pepper spray in Lafayette Square, despite prior denials by many different administration spokespeople, like AG Barr.

Yeah - pretty sure this is inaccurate.  But go with it - it's only Elba.

Got a counter link?

No? So surprised. Just your feeling again or is this a "I know somebody" moment for you?

I'm pretty sure you are full of shit and that a moment's search on Bing or Google would have told you that, but you couldn't fucking be bothered to check to see the truth for yourself.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/13/floyd-protests-secret-service-used-pepper-spray-trump-photo-op/3184223001/

"After further review, the U.S. Secret Service has determined that an agency employee used pepper spray on June 1st, during efforts to secure the area near Lafayette Park " according to a statement the agency tweeted. "The employee utilized oleoresin capsicum spray, or pepper spray, in response to an assaultive individual."

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1271883429404184576

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret-service-walks-back-denial-of-using-tear-gas-on-white-house-protesters
The U.S. Secret Service on Saturday reversed its denial that no agents used tear gas June 1 to remove protesters near the White House, as the park clearing has come under intense criticism and the focus of a lawsuit from activists who allege law enforcement violated their constitutional rights to demonstrate against George Floyd's death.

Believe it yet?!

That they used pepper spray?

I never denied it.
Pages: 1 ... 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 ... 4288