Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2549 2550 [2551] 2552 2553 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995770 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38250 on: June 14, 2020, 06:05:16 AM »

More civil unrest.
More self destruction.
This time in Atlanta as they torch Wendys...someone's business, some innocent person's business.

If only you cared half as much for the lives as for the businesses and buildings.

But despite the objections you will no doubt raise in response to this, it's become very clear where your focus is.

Lord only knows what will happen if all or any of the 4 cops in the George Floyd case are found not guilty.

Trump should run on law and order.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38251 on: June 14, 2020, 06:35:38 AM »

More civil unrest.
More self destruction.
This time in Atlanta as they torch Wendys...someone's business, some innocent person's business.

If only you cared half as much for the lives as for the businesses and buildings.

But despite the objections you will no doubt raise in response to this, it's become very clear where your focus is.

Lord only knows what will happen if all or any of the 4 cops in the George Floyd case are found not guilty.

Donald "Convicted of Fraud and Money Laundering" Trump should run on law and order?!

You do have a sense of humor. (And he's trying. It's just fallen flat so far.)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38252 on: June 14, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

Biden is leading Trump among female registered voters by 59 percent to 35 percent, polling compiled by The New York Times reveals.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/979095/president-trump-joe-biden-female-vote-historic-margin/

Too bad Joe boxed himself in to picking a female Veep ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38253 on: June 14, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »

In its final phase of reopening, Oklahoma now allows public gatherings of any size as long as organizers consider social distancing. Participants at any large gathering should stay 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart and wear a cloth face covering when distancing is a challenge, the state health department said.

I still think this either/or proposition is flat out bad advice.  People should do both as much as possible.  But it seems to be standard advice in the US to advocate use of masks only if 6' distance can't be maintained.

The more precautions applied in conjunction the better, and the lower the risk of any spread.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #38254 on: June 14, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »

I appreciate how concerned you [NeedsAdj. ] appear.

My guess is he's concerned for our country.   Not the best if its president is both incompetent and ill.   

Are we heading towards "Dave"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_(film)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38255 on: June 14, 2020, 11:10:57 AM »

Obama was known for not often taking questions

Obama gave 7 solo press conferences his first year as President.  Trump had one his first year.

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/presidential-news-conferences

Trump is the KING of hearing, processing and responding.

I'm not sure how to evaluate this statement.  His responses vary from outright lies to pure absurdities.   Whatever you think he is hearing and processing because somehow you inhabit his brain, it is indisputable that what comes out of his mouth is largely bullshit.

For someone who is so great at processing and responding (The KING, lol) Trump has made sure to not be in a position where his responses have value.  When Obama was trying to sell the US on the ACA he stood in front of hostile Republican congresspeople and answered questions and batted back criticisms with specifics on the proposed policy.  Can you imagine, for even a second, Trump doing the same? 

Trump refused to answer Mueller's questions in person (of course he claimed he would be happy to!) and even after taking months to respond in writing he still couldn't convince Mueller he was telling the truth.  Contrast that with Hilary Clinton sitting down for 11 hours of questioning re: Benghazi and making the Republicans who questioned her look like idiots.

Trump's COVID press conferences had to finally be discontinued when the level of disinformation he was sending out into the public became too much for him politically.  If you think he is the KING of responding to questions because he squints his eyes and looks serious while total shit comes out of his mouth, congrats, the con man has you as a mark.

Reading the prompter is not a real skill.

I would disagree, and I'm sure you aren't surprised by that.  But with Trump vs. Obama it isn't that Obama was more skilled at reading (which of course he is) it was that you could tell that even though he was reading a speech he understood what he was saying, and there was conviction behind the words.  You watch Trump stumble through the West Point speech, mispronouncing the names of famous US Generals ("Ulyssius Grant") and its clear he has no idea what he is talking about.

You see this in speeches of greater import, when Trump would talk about the need for unity, and equality, or whatever, then two hours later he goes right back to spitting bile and hate on twitter.  There is a clear disconnect between the real Trump and the "president" he plays on TV, on the rare occasions he even tries to be that.

You want people to read the transcript of Trump's West Point speech?  I can't imagine a bigger waste of anyone's time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:13:57 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #38256 on: June 14, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »

Trump stroking out onstage during a debate or rally would be pretty funny and good television.

Whoa.  (I know you're a good guy who's pissed at what "45" is doing to America,  and you gotta vent,  but jeez)

barton

« Reply #38257 on: June 14, 2020, 11:29:26 AM »

I am responding to  posts as I catch up, so I expect someone has already registered some amusement at this.   Wow.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38258 on: June 14, 2020, 11:36:34 AM »

My guess is he's concerned for our country.   Not the best if its president is both incompetent and ill.   

Its been clear from day one that Trump is mentally unfit to be President of the United States.  Whether the source of that unfitness is his being a congenital liar, narcissistic personality disorder, or cognitive impairment brought on by his advanced age or neurological dysfunction really makes no difference to me.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38259 on: June 14, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »

I am responding to  posts as I catch up, so I expect someone has already registered some amusement at this.   Wow.

I suspect I devoted more time to a response to that statement than it deserved.

barton

« Reply #38260 on: June 14, 2020, 11:41:19 AM »

In its final phase of reopening, Oklahoma now allows public gatherings of any size as long as organizers consider social distancing. Participants at any large gathering should stay 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart and wear a cloth face covering when distancing is a challenge, the state health department said.

I still think this either/or proposition is flat out bad advice.  People should do both as much as possible.  But it seems to be standard advice in the US to advocate use of masks only if 6' distance can't be maintained.

The more precautions applied in conjunction the better, and the lower the risk of any spread.

Please stop applying sound logic and reasoning to a nation filled with people obsessed with the most trivial kinds of personal freedom.   (while the big picture stuff,  the freedoms that enrich life, and preserve democracy,   are often overlooked or given a perfunctory glance)   

barton

« Reply #38261 on: June 14, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »

I suspect I devoted more time to a response to that statement than it deserved.

Well, having caught up with all posts,  I find yours was a useful review of "45"'s communication skills --.he is a hollow man.   
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:48:17 AM by barton »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38262 on: June 14, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »

Who is that poor sap who looks just like Trump.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38263 on: June 14, 2020, 01:28:15 PM »

More civil unrest.
More self destruction.

Trump runs from law and order.

Trump shits on law and order.

Trump issues outlaw orders.

But most importantly,

Trump should run into law and order.

(If he doesn’t have his next stroke first)
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38264 on: June 14, 2020, 01:39:45 PM »

Have you read the transcript of Trump's remarks?

Ahh, never mind - not sure why I even ask.

Watched the speech. Boring boilerplate that someone else wrote for him and that he barely managed to read off the teleprompter. Coverage called it lethargic. I’d have to agree. Refusing to solute?  I’d give him the finger, making me go into two weeks of quarantine for that snoozer.

And yeah, I saw the water glass push in real time, and thought it was notable. Who isn’t able to drink a glass of water with one hand?  Not a healthy person.

On June 10, 2016:

“After telling us that Obama was an idiot for using a teleprompter, the GOP tells us that Trump will be saved by... a teleprompter.”

SUCKERS

Obama was known for not often taking questions

Reading the prompter is not a real skill.

Ever tried doing it?

Obama was a master.

Trump sounds like a third grader reading a book report on a book he didn’t read.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2549 2550 [2551] 2552 2553 ... 4288