Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2563 2564 [2565] 2566 2567 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599643 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38460 on: June 15, 2020, 07:33:14 PM »

That was a pleasant surprise.

I could have foreseen Roberts. But never Gorsuch.
From Gorsuch

An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it wouldn’t have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”

Imagine that. Relying on the text of Title VII.
Trump vowed to replace Scalia with a Justice of similar visions of the law.
Gorsuch delivered on this one.

Yet, so many conservatives feel differently:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/920080/conservatives-blast-gorsuch-after-lgbtq-discrimination-decision-among-worst-jurists-history-united-states

Gee, how surprising that they should feel that way.

Somehow, I don't think they would like laws that permitted discrimination against them for being straight, though!
I don’t know where “ Echo4 “ came from or why.
But his post was pretty stupid since it included the observation

Meghan McCain was among those on the right who celebrated the decision, though. And for the Washington Examiner, Brad Polumbo made the case that while "many conservatives may initially be shocked or dismayed" by Gorsuch's decision, it's actually "based on razor-sharp logic, and it is entirely consistent with the conservative commitment to textualism." Brendan Morrow

You really are challenged by this formatting thing.

That was from UNO, not from Echo4, Ward.

Do learn how to read this forum, please. It would make your statements only somewhat absurd instead of totally absurd.
Nice dodge.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38461 on: June 15, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »

That was a pleasant surprise.

I could have foreseen Roberts. But never Gorsuch.
From Gorsuch

An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it wouldn’t have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”

Imagine that. Relying on the text of Title VII.
Trump vowed to replace Scalia with a Justice of similar visions of the law.
Gorsuch delivered on this one.

Yet, so many conservatives feel differently:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/920080/conservatives-blast-gorsuch-after-lgbtq-discrimination-decision-among-worst-jurists-history-united-states

Gee, how surprising that they should feel that way.

Somehow, I don't think they would like laws that permitted discrimination against them for being straight, though!
I don’t know where “ Echo4 “ came from or why.
But his post was pretty stupid since it included the observation

Meghan McCain was among those on the right who celebrated the decision, though. And for the Washington Examiner, Brad Polumbo made the case that while "many conservatives may initially be shocked or dismayed" by Gorsuch's decision, it's actually "based on razor-sharp logic, and it is entirely consistent with the conservative commitment to textualism." Brendan Morrow

You really are challenged by this formatting thing.

That was from UNO, not from Echo4, Ward.

Do learn how to read this forum, please. It would make your statements only somewhat absurd instead of totally absurd.
Nice dodge.

Still can't just admit when you're wrong.

You blame the wrong person and can't just say "oops," like a normal human.

Fool.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38462 on: June 15, 2020, 07:41:05 PM »

It’s time to run adds on Pat Robertson and Rush and Beck thanking trump for the gay friendly Supreme Court and all they have done for gay rights, pointing out how gay individuals can feel safe to come out in every community and line of work across the U.S.A.. San Francisco is excited to find out how much more will trump do for the gay agenda if he has the chance in a second term.

[url]http://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/mick-mulvaney-dumped-over-500k-in-stocks-while-trump-promised-the-economy-was-doing-fantastically-report/[url]

Trump likes to fill his caboose with sloppy crooks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #38463 on: June 15, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »

I wonder how hard it is to immigrate to New Zealand.

You can't without a job.

There's a loophole if you prove you've got 100K or more NZ$ to invest in a local business or startup.   Rents can be high,  though Christchurch isn't bad,  and smaller towns are reasonable.   Places like Taranaki are quite affordable.   And there's a strong tiny house movement there,  so you can buy a lot or an acre and plunk down a cottage for a reasonable price.    OTOH,  an apartment in Auckland could easily be a half mill or more.   If you establish residency,  healthcare is free except for small (by US standards) visit fees.   There are few guns and next to Iceland NZ has the lowest rate of personal violence in the world.   And it's fucking gorgeous.   

Not that I've ever (cough) considered the move.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38464 on: June 15, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

A concerned dispatcher watching the death of George Floyd on surveillance cameras felt it was necessary to alert a supervisor about the use of force applied by the officers involved, according to an audio recording released by the Minneapolis Police Department on Monday.

The audio stamp on the recording indicates the call was made at 8:30 p.m. local time on May 25, around the time Floyd was being transported by ambulance to the Hennepin County Medical Center.

"I don't know, you can call me a snitch if you want to, but we have the cameras up for 320's call, and…I don't know if they had to use force or not, but they got something out of the back of the squad, and all of them sat on this man, so I don't know if they needed you or not, but they haven't said anything to me yet,” the dispatcher said on the audio call.

The Minneapolis Police Department also released two 911 transcripts, including one from an unidentified off-duty city firefighter who witnessed the incident and said,
“I’m on the block of 38th and Chicago and I literally watched police officers not take a pulse and not do anything to save a man, and I am a first responder myself, and I literally have it on video camera… I just happened to be on a walk so, this dude, this, they (expletive) killed him so..."

The off-duty firefighter offered to speak to a supervisor but when the 911 dispatcher tried to connect him, the call was disconnected, according to the transcript.

In another 911 transcript, an unidentified caller mentioned how an officer “pretty much just killed this guy that wasn’t resisting arrest.” The caller is then offered a chance to speak to a supervisor at the Minneapolis Third Precinct.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38465 on: June 15, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »

Mitch McConnell has declared that getting increasing numbers of conservative judges in place is more important to him than police reform.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/senate-police-reform-bill-320629
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38466 on: June 15, 2020, 09:38:14 PM »

Mitch McConnell should be treated like every other ancient monument to the confederacy.

He should be taken down, reduced to gravel, then incorporated into the road surface of some MLK Boulevard somewhere.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38468 on: June 15, 2020, 09:47:50 PM »

Trump Rally Attendees Will Have Fewer Safety Measures Than High-Dollar Donors

GASP! So hard to believe.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38469 on: June 15, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/15/dont-listen-to-fox-heres-whats-really-going-on-in-seattles-protest-zone-321507

It’s nice to know that while trump is trying to reboot his hate-fest cluster-fucks, Americans in Seattle are making our union more perfect.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38470 on: June 15, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/tulsa-world-editorial-this-is-the-wrong-time-and-tulsa-is-the-wrong-place-for/article_26388374-1747-5120-bc01-24b81c1b0c78.html#1

There’s still time.

The painted hemorrhoid can still move his rally on to a Carnival cruise ship where any business at all would be welcome, even business from scumbags like trump rally attendees.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38471 on: June 15, 2020, 10:03:32 PM »

WIP

Most flattering image of Bill Barr I’ve ever seen.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38472 on: June 15, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

Nice dodge.

I hope you are headed to Tulsa to bask in the rank flop sweat of your co-religionists.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38473 on: June 15, 2020, 10:24:09 PM »

I wonder how hard it is to immigrate to New Zealand.

You can't without a job.

There's a loophole if you prove you've got 100K or more NZ$ to invest in a local business or startup.   Rents can be high,  though Christchurch isn't bad,  and smaller towns are reasonable.   Places like Taranaki are quite affordable.   And there's a strong tiny house movement there,  so you can buy a lot or an acre and plunk down a cottage for a reasonable price.    OTOH,  an apartment in Auckland could easily be a half mill or more.   If you establish residency,  healthcare is free except for small (by US standards) visit fees.   There are few guns and next to Iceland NZ has the lowest rate of personal violence in the world.   And it's fucking gorgeous.   

Not that I've ever (cough) considered the move.   

And it's called the "Shaky Isles".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaky_Isles

My advice would be 'try before you buy'.
NZ is not America.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38474 on: June 15, 2020, 10:25:21 PM »

Rhinos try to go around covered in mud.

Not like drumpf, for cosmetic reasons.

It actually helps their skin.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2563 2564 [2565] 2566 2567 ... 4288