Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601697 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38955 on: June 18, 2020, 04:48:41 PM »

The answer is simple on the issue of CHAZ, the USA is a free nation, and the USA is already ours, and all men are created equal. We do not need to take over what is already ours. But, the USA belongs to all of us, and we all have rights, so we have to create rules for our society in order to protect all of our rights.

And right now we have the Corona Virus, and there obviously seems to be issues there on toilets, etc, and it looks like the area needs to be cleaned up for public health reasons. So, the people have to leave that area so that it can be cleaned up and sanitized.

I also know that you get more with candy than you do with vinegar, so you gotta reward them with something for going along with you.

Give them a YMCA camp, or something. Give them free motel rooms and free food somewhere, or something. They cannot continue to do what they are doing, so you trade that for something that they are allowed to do.

In America we all have rights, and we have rules to protect our rights. And right now we have a public health crisis, the whole area needs to be cleaned up, and they need to cooperate because of the Corona Virus. And we can reward them with food and shelter and showers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed

Spoken like the truly caring man that you are.
CHAZ...established at gunpoint as the cops 'ran away', scared of confrontation...40 years in prison could await any who are judged to be wrong.
The police station 'cancelled', replaced by a 'community centre'
It all should never have been allowed.

The guy at the entrance is carrying an assault rifle in a manner that seems like he means to use it.
Food, shelter and showers?  sure, for the genuinely homeless...the rest should be told to go home, the summer of love is over...cancelled.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:54:14 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38956 on: June 18, 2020, 05:03:49 PM »

Woman calls 911:
"A man is trying to break into my house,  he's big and is crazy,  I fear I'm going to be raped, murdered, or kidnapped, send the police, hurry."

911:
"Sorry,  there are no more police...I'll send over a social worker".

Bambi: "This is what I think happens."
Anybody who knows anything: "You're wrong. Shut up." (After having previously explained it and linked books, articles, etc.)

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38957 on: June 18, 2020, 05:06:26 PM »

Woman calls 911:
"A man is trying to break into my house,  he's big and is crazy,  I fear I'm going to be raped, murdered, or kidnapped, send the police, hurry."

911:

Defunding doesn't mean elimination of armed response police.   You argue in bad faith:  you pretend you didn't understand key points so you can caricature the other side's position.  It's why some of us don't directly reply to your rhetorical points anymore.

No.
In good faith.

No, in bad faith.

Disband and defund are not the same. Abolish is not the same of defund, either.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38959 on: June 18, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »

Woman calls 911:

911:

Bambi: "This is what I think happens."
Anybody who knows anything: "You're wrong. Shut up." (After having previously explained it and linked books, articles, etc.)

The NYT is a link, articles, unbound book if you like...well maybe there are binders to store it in.
It's quite clear what's going on/envisioned...abolition.
Police reform is what's needed, not abolition.

Now, downunder, emboldened...yes, give people an inch and ...well, you know.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/brisbane/activists-vow-to-hit-some-of-australias-biggest-jails-this-weekend-to-demand-our-mob-is-freed-despite-warnings-to-avoid-black-lives-matter-rallies-over-coronavirus-fears/ar-BB15Frfp?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Activists vow to hit some of Australia's biggest jails[prisons] this weekend to demand 'our mob is freed' - despite warnings to avoid Black Lives Matter rallies over coronavirus fears

Protesters are set to hit both Woodford and Wacol Correctional Centres in Brisbane for the Big Noise Breaks Bars event on Saturday, before a march in Caboolture on Sunday.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:29:17 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38962 on: June 18, 2020, 05:44:46 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/donald-trump-nazi-symbol-ad?fbclid=IwAR3Dr6gB29qcFSx4wTYY0l6t_msDJLD0XegGfoxD7YqsSxlrjWBRRwTo5ss

Trump's team is somewhat defensive after the FB folks removed a ton of their ads.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38963 on: June 18, 2020, 05:55:03 PM »

I used to think Louie Gohmert was the biggest asshole in the House... after Steve King of course, but now there is a new contender for the title...
Matt Gaetz of Floriduh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXECwX1vK-g
It may be a matter of Home State chavanism, but you should really consider Paul Gosar.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38964 on: June 18, 2020, 05:58:11 PM »

Woman calls 911:

911:

Defunding doesn't mean elimination of armed response police.   You argue in bad faith:  you pretend you didn't understand key points so you can caricature the other side's position.  It's why some of us don't directly reply to your rhetorical points anymore.
I find the best response to bambutt's "rhetorical points" is generally, Yes, but you are a RACIST.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38965 on: June 18, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/donald-trump-nazi-symbol-ad?fbclid=IwAR3Dr6gB29qcFSx4wTYY0l6t_msDJLD0XegGfoxD7YqsSxlrjWBRRwTo5ss

Trump's team is somewhat defensive after the FB folks removed a ton of their ads.
For the inverted red triangle, used by Nazis to identify political dissidents. Now used by Trump and the right to create an Antifa that does not exist in reality.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38968 on: June 18, 2020, 06:10:20 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/GoffstownHS/videos/2659450494342543/

Goffstown, NH, high school graduation choral performance.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38969 on: June 18, 2020, 06:15:03 PM »

https://theconversation.com/the-number-of-climate-deniers-in-australia-is-more-than-double-the-global-average-new-survey-finds-140450?fbclid=IwAR0cqneyvqfn3lHabVJ-grDjKyqJnajMtGngLlkX4F_IqmuEpV75aaMp6UM

Americans are even smarter, they top the list.

Always best, when confronted with words you don't like to point at the other guy instead of discussing your own.

That reply was just the start of the conversation.
The next part is;

It's not surprising Americans, Australians, and others near the top of the list, given the fact that "the climate is always changing, Ice Ages come and go, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is 0.04% and 97% of that occurs naturally" believe it's "not a big deal".
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 4288