Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 [2604] 2605 2606 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004445 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39045 on: June 19, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »

Ooooooo klahoma, where the wind is spreading CV strain,
And the waitin crowd can sure sound loud
but their guy is goin down the drain

Oooooo klahoma, tonight my honey lamb and I
sit alone and drink and try not to think bout all of Donald's fuckin' lies

You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!

if you don't breathe, OK

Ducks and chicks and geese better scurry,
When Trump's EPA approves pumping slurry,
When oily tides ruins coast in a hurry
With a syringe on top!

See gasping folks shutting all their shutters
As CEOs, high stepping strutters,
Put poison in the air and pouring down the gutters,
Till our tumours go pop....

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39046 on: June 19, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »

Our dear leader on 1st amendment rights.

President Trump on Friday morning issued a thinly veiled threat to individuals who want to protest his campaign rally scheduled for Saturday evening in Tulsa, Okla., writing on Twitter:

“Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!”

The fucking asshole wants to start a riot.

he's got a lot of climbing to do to reach "lowlife"

it might be nice if the Governor of OK or mayor of Tulsa re-affirmed 1st amendment rights of all citizens and vistiors to the The Farther Lands from the coasts.

Do they teach constitution 101 out there?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/us/juneteenth-2020.html#link-7cd30b1f

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39047 on: June 19, 2020, 01:18:48 PM »

Ooooooo klahoma, where the wind is spreading CV strain,
And the waitin crowd can sure sound loud
but their guy is goin down the drain

Oooooo klahoma, tonight my honey lamb and I
sit alone and drink and try not to think bout all of Donald's fuckin' lies

You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!

if you don't breathe, OK

Ducks and chicks and geese better scurry,
When Trump's EPA approves pumping slurry,
When oily tides ruins coast in a hurry
With a syringe on top!

See gasping folks shutting all their shutters
As CEOs, high stepping strutters,
Put poison in the air and pouring down the gutters,
Till our tumours go pop....

Nice work bart.

I thought it was easy to dance to and I'll give a solid 8.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Reverse Midas Touch
« Reply #39048 on: June 19, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »

Nobody is a bigger asshole than Trump

Trump says some Americans wear coronavirus masks ‘to signal disapproval of him’

Fucker thinks it's all about him.
Fortunately for this next election it is ...

Trump really has been flailing and turning everything he touches into merde.

Have to believe most Americans realize this Tulsa rally is totally ill-conceived and dangerous.

Ill-conceived and dangerous, but a rally in the middle of a COVID spike very well could be part of the plan, not incidental.

I don't know what the conditions will be in November, but with the trend line going up in COVID cases and a Federal Government doing nothing about it, not hard to think that COVID transmission will still be a threat.

If that is the projection, is Trump unaware of the political advantage of having followers that will show up at polling places despite the danger in order to show their loyalty to dear leader, while Biden's people send in their votes by mail (where vote-by-mail isn't suppressed?)  I doubt it.

President Donald Trump called mail-in voting the biggest threat to his reelection and said his campaign's multimillion-dollar legal effort to block expanded ballot access could determine whether he wins a second term.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/trump-interview-mail-voting-329307
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39049 on: June 19, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »

President Trump on Friday morning issued a thinly veiled threat to individuals who want to protest his campaign rally scheduled for Saturday evening in Tulsa, Okla., writing on Twitter:

“Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!”

it might be nice if the Governor of OK or mayor of Tulsa re-affirmed 1st amendment rights of all citizens and vistiors to the The Farther Lands from the coasts.

To be contrasted with Trump's urging of Michigan and Virginia to rise up and throw off the shackles of their oppressors when people were protesting having to stay at home during a pandemic.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39052 on: June 19, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

To be contrasted with Trump's urging of Michigan and Virginia to rise up and throw off the shackles of their oppressors when people were protesting having to stay at home during a pandemic.

Bingo-right on target!

FREE MICHIGAN and have goons with guns intimidate the populace

a dry run for scaring people away in November.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #39053 on: June 19, 2020, 01:54:44 PM »

There are a lot of people who cannot create anything, so they just go around destroying everything. They cannot do anything themselves, so they destroy what other people have done. And a lot of precious energy gets wasted on these fools, when we could be making progress in other areas, we could be focused on positive things. And we could be creating, instead of destroying.

Instead of wanting to ban someone else's book, I was busy writing my own book. That is what you are supposed to do. That is what makes America great.

And instead of wanting to ban some movie that offends me, I was busy writing my own movie. I want to create, I am not out to destroy something that someone else did.

Of note too, I think that we should keep the statues of Columbus, etc, he was part of our history. Instead of removing statues of Columbus then go out and build your own statue of someone you admire from history. Instead of tearing down something, build something new.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39054 on: June 19, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »

Birtherism was a statement of values, a way to express allegiance to a particular notion of American identity, one that became the central theme of the Trump campaign itself: To Make America Great Again, to turn back the clock to an era where white political and cultural hegemony was unthreatened by black people, by immigrants, by people of a different faith. By people like Barack Obama. The calls to disavow birtherism missed the point: Trump’s entire campaign was birtherism.

Trump won the Republican primary, and united the party, in part because his run was focused on the psychic wound of the first black presidency.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/birtherism-and-trump/610978/

Excellent piece on how the conservative media latches onto someone's fantasy and then truthifies it by endless repetition.  It's scary how well that psychological technique works.  On adults.  Or what you might once have thought were adults.

Good stuff.  Thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #39055 on: June 19, 2020, 02:12:38 PM »

There are parts of the world where they can never build anything because they are always busy tearing everything down and fighting among themselves. We need to be smarter than that, and we need to be more civilized than that.

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #39056 on: June 19, 2020, 02:19:16 PM »

There are parts of the world where they can never build anything because ...

the United States bombs the shit out of them or allows their rights to be stolen, or supplies another country with weapons to bomb the shit out of them. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39057 on: June 19, 2020, 02:22:51 PM »

There are a lot of people who cannot create anything, so they just go around destroying everything. They cannot do anything themselves, so they destroy what other people have done. And a lot of precious energy gets wasted on these fools, when we could be making progress in other areas, we could be focused on positive things. And we could be creating, instead of destroying.

Instead of wanting to ban someone else's book, I was busy writing my own book. That is what you are supposed to do. That is what makes America great.

And instead of wanting to ban some movie that offends me, I was busy writing my own movie. I want to create, I am not out to destroy something that someone else did.

Of note too, I think that we should keep the statues of Columbus, etc, he was part of our history. Instead of removing statues of Columbus then go out and build your own statue of someone you admire from history. Instead of tearing down something, build something new.

Salute,

Tony V.

Amen.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39058 on: June 19, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »

There are parts of the world where they can never build anything because ...

the United States bombs the shit out of them or allows their rights to be stolen, or supplies another country with weapons to bomb the shit out of them. 

Don't hijack planes and blow up America.
Don't try to take over countries, burning Christians alive in bread ovens.

Anti terrorism raids across SW Sydney yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 02:58:24 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 [2604] 2605 2606 ... 4288