Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2612 2613 [2614] 2615 2616 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874660 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39195 on: June 20, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

No - they scrapped that one, Bambu

It's MAGA Again.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39196 on: June 20, 2020, 08:15:27 PM »

USA!  USA!  USA!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39197 on: June 20, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »

https://digital.newint.com.au/issues/131/?utm_source=google-adwords-grants&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=08-online-app-issues&gclid=CjwKCAjw57b3BRBlEiwA1Imytgcpcy7rX15Hyzqo-WeeObw70a6RnitNB_cwRcnYnuOaKvxlVGdiyRoCHRQQAvD_BwE

A rallying cry

I spent many years trying to ignore my blackness. A futile effort growing up in an almost all-white area of rural Britain. The differences were not just in how I looked but also in the experiences I had and would continue to have for the rest of my life.

In a world where racism exists, we can’t ignore race. The US as a country has been forced to realize this through viral videos of the killing of black people, and the galvanizing power of the Black Lives Matter movement, which has become a global force.

Black Lives Matter has become a rallying cry for a generation of black activists around the world, from the US to the UK, Australia to Brazil – as featured in this month’s Keynote.
As they build links across borders, one of the most empowering things about these struggles is that they make their blackness a source of strength, building on a long history of black resistance. There are so many stories to tell – many more than would fit in this magazine.

etc

Amy Hall for the New Internationalist co-operative.

#####

Two stories;

Story 1.
According to a YouTube video I watched yesterday..."90% of Black people killed in America are killed by other Black people".

Story 2.
Black people in Australia were made equal in a referendum in 1967, passed with a 90% 'Yes' vote.
They are now equally entitled to destroy their lives the same as White people/everyone else, however they like.

downunder Newspaper article 2011;

Destroyed in Alice

Alice Springs is in deeper trouble than is widely understood. For many locals, driven to despair by the township's drug and alcohol-fuelled violence, the only way is out.
IT'S 10pm, the witching hour in the heart of Alice Springs, the time when trouble really starts. KFC has closed its doors, the lights from the 24-hour shop over the crossroads gleam, the cars cruise by with menace, the crowds of bush Aboriginal boys and girls, teenagers and younger, grow thick.

There they are, in the deep shadows of back alleys, parks and vacant blocks, mobiles shining in their hands as they plan their moves, and dodge and weave between the security patrols, the little ineffectual posses of youth workers from different agencies and the police vans drifting up and down the streets.

Here's the action, at the streetlights where Stott and Todd meet: the pick-up point for grog, ganja, adventure, sex and any combination of all these.
What can you see here -- for it is a theatre of a kind, where the tragicomedy of Aboriginal Central Australia is played out each night before the helpless eyes of the authorities?

You can see boys and girls as young as 10 years old marauding about at midnight, with their slightly older brothers and sisters, who are walking at speed, drinking from their hidden alcohol containers: you see cars laden with illegal grog stopping to pick up teenage girls and whisk them off; here's the madam, with her girls for sale, and that's one of the African gang cars, driving by and checking out the talent, and choosing the girls they like.

At the KFC carpark, as if in the front-row stalls, old bush men from the desert communities pull up: "Just looking," they say, and grin, and mingle. Things are tense: a security car pulls into a building site. Seventy teenagers, some with their knife-blades open, converge on the lone guard: he flees.

Police drive slow: "Go home," they call out, "Don't you have a home to go to?", but the crowds just laugh, and melt away and re-form in the shadows down the block.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:55:30 PM by bambu. »

Echo4

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #39199 on: June 20, 2020, 09:06:02 PM »

Police support group in Atlanta spends 2 million dollars to give bonuses to ATL officers - and also buys vehicles to replace the ones lit on fire and destroyed by ingrates.

They are ungrateful.   When authority figures brutalize and kill me and my loved ones,  I just hope I can be more grateful!  Do you know a good place to buy custom thank you cards?   

bambu.

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39201 on: June 20, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »

Highest 7-day moving average in 6 weeks for new cases nationally.

The deaths average is still declining.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39202 on: June 20, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39204 on: June 20, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »

Tulsa Fascist Rally a bust while Trump openly admits he suppressed testing in order to keep COVID numbers low, in other words, to make their lack of a response look better politically.

Uh yeah...USA!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39205 on: June 20, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »

Tulsa Fascist Rally a bust while Trump openly admits he suppressed testing in order to keep COVID numbers low, in other words, to make their lack of a response look better politically.

Uh yeah...USA!

OMG. What an idiotic thing to say, let alone do:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-rally-speech-tonight-coronavirus-testing-tulsa-covid-19-a9577576.html

Trump on Covid-19 testing: “I said to my people — slow the testing down please”

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39206 on: June 20, 2020, 10:10:01 PM »

The 19,000 folks...

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39207 on: June 20, 2020, 10:21:22 PM »

Trump, his administration, his campaign, are all a giant dumpster fire right now.

Guy got the biggest cheer from the audience when he proved that he could drink a glass of water with one hand. This is where the Trumpists are right now.

Bet kiidcarter8 was beside himself with joy.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39208 on: June 20, 2020, 10:22:11 PM »

The 19,000 folks...

Don’t forget the huge overflow speech!

...which didn’t happen.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39209 on: June 20, 2020, 10:22:34 PM »

Guy got the biggest cheer from the audience when he proved that he could drink a glass of water with one hand.

I bet it was his left hand. That has been the one that kept coming in to 'save' him.
Pages: 1 ... 2612 2613 [2614] 2615 2616 ... 4288