Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2621 2622 [2623] 2624 2625 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1831230 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39330 on: June 21, 2020, 09:58:29 PM »

OTOH, Trump has remembered a campaign promise and has the DoT putting together a $1 trillion infrastructure proposal intended to boost the economy.

But some of his external advisors think this is fool-hardy, not out of opposition to infrastructure, but with the quite accurate understanding that none of that money would actually be spent until a year or so from now, at best!

I am impressed with Jim DeMint. This is the best analysis I've ever seen from him.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/17/spending_hawks_balk_at_trumps_new_infrastructure_plan__143467.html

I happen to disagree on the need for the package - Trump's promised infrastructure was poorly designed in it reliance on other people's money, but the need is real and far beyond what either candidate promised in 2016. Nor has it gotten cheaper or less needful in the interim.

But it won't provide economic benefit now, which is what the president needs and what the country needs.

If only Trump would look at a way to do it that was not all about reelecting the president.

Fuck Jim Demint

He’s one of the main reason we don’t have the best healthcare system in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39331 on: June 21, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »

I’m much more excited for the niece’s book than for Bolton’s. I love a good mob story.

I really hope he tries to enforce the NDA. I wonder what extortion scheme he used to get her to sign one in the first place.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39332 on: June 21, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/06/19/donald-trump-is-americas-worst-enemy/

“ Trump is:

appallingly ignorant
disloyal
dumb
heartless
possessed of violent desires for revenge
thinks nothing of selling out our country for personal gain”
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Trump Is not someone you ever want to be associated with.
« Reply #39333 on: June 21, 2020, 10:35:06 PM »

http://youtu.be/aB1JuEbiVDY

Fallout tends to take about two weeks to show up in a population...

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39334 on: June 21, 2020, 10:39:29 PM »

OTOH, Trump has remembered a campaign promise and has the DoT putting together a $1 trillion infrastructure proposal intended to boost the economy.

But some of his external advisors think this is fool-hardy, not out of opposition to infrastructure, but with the quite accurate understanding that none of that money would actually be spent until a year or so from now, at best!

I am impressed with Jim DeMint. This is the best analysis I've ever seen from him.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/17/spending_hawks_balk_at_trumps_new_infrastructure_plan__143467.html

I happen to disagree on the need for the package - Trump's promised infrastructure was poorly designed in it reliance on other people's money, but the need is real and far beyond what either candidate promised in 2016. Nor has it gotten cheaper or less needful in the interim.

But it won't provide economic benefit now, which is what the president needs and what the country needs.

If only Trump would look at a way to do it that was not all about reelecting the president.

Fuck Jim Demint

He’s one of the main reason we don’t have the best healthcare system in the world

I have more ire for Joe Lieberman, who was supposedly on our side, back then.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39335 on: June 21, 2020, 11:25:55 PM »

For consistency, Kid, I assume you are opposed to what is going on in those southern states.

What's the question?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39336 on: June 21, 2020, 11:29:05 PM »

http://www.vox.com/2020/6/21/21298177/trump-tulsa-rally-low-turnout

I have somewhat less confidence in dirty nappy’s ability to lead the United States out of the economic nose dive he has created than I do in his ability to throw an inspiring and well attended campaign event.

He may still be able to book VFW halls and Waffle Houses by September. If they can find enough actors to bus in the places might even look full.

Jobs won’t be coming back while republicans hold significant positions of power. That party is all about distraction destruction denial and self-destruction these days.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39337 on: June 21, 2020, 11:34:23 PM »

http://www.vox.com/21295670/robert-fuller-malcolm-harsch-hanging-history-lynching

Keep marching.

It’s time to fucking win this thing.

It will take at least seven generations of zealous and conscientious salting to win a pause in which the motherfuckers can’t come back.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39339 on: June 21, 2020, 11:45:52 PM »

Trump is;

. Australia's only hope.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39340 on: June 21, 2020, 11:50:53 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39341 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:33 PM »

For consistency, Kid, I assume you are opposed to what is going on in those southern states.

What's the question?

Why should I ask you a question?

I stated some problems. You made your fatuous statement about consistency and how I felt.

I responded, despite your failure to address my post. Perhaps I am mistakenly assuming you read the post to which you posted your assumption.

So, for consistency, Kid, I assume you are opposed to what is going on in those southern states.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39342 on: June 21, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »

Fuck Jim Demint

I have more ire for Joe Lieberman, who was supposedly on our side, back then.

And Ben Nelson, Blanche Lincoln, Evan Bayh and the biggest sucker Max Baucus

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39343 on: June 21, 2020, 11:54:11 PM »

Trump is;

. Australia's only hope.

If so, Australia is doomed and deservedly so. Relying on a con man is never a good idea. I speak from experience.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39344 on: June 21, 2020, 11:55:45 PM »

Flag- burning laws are always the last bullet in a losing arsenal.

They don't have to be.
Burning the flag should be a serious crime. The first bullet in a winning arsenal.

And to hell with Freedom of Speech.

Why should it be a serious crime?

Burning the flag is not words/speech.
The flag represents the nation...burning it, is like burning the nation.

Really?  Doofus.  The prescribed way to dispose of worn and tattered flags is.......Burning.

Go tell it to the US Marines.

That is different from protesters burning the flag in public.

Oh, the protesters should burn it privately.  You are even dumber than I knew you to be.
that's your quota from me.
Back into your cave you go.

You're just playing dumb.
You know exactly what I mean.
You know exactly what protesters are doing by burning the flag in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2HnyAdeG0
Pages: 1 ... 2621 2622 [2623] 2624 2625 ... 4288