Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2632 2633 [2634] 2635 2636 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1993676 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39495 on: June 22, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/politics/white-house-secret-service-press/index.html

Secret Service told the press to all leave the building.

No explanation given then or yet.

Folks trying to pull down the Rocking Horse statue of Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Park

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39496 on: June 22, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »

Check your privilege,  dude.

Bite me.Dude. Priorities matter.

My take is that "privilege" means we sit on the sidelines, pontificating on priorities while maybe back families really don't want their children walking past glorious statuary of slaveholders.   I think it's a given that people of conscience want food security etc.   But maybe symbolism has a special importance in how it shapes people's thinking about all that other important stuff you mentioned earlier.   

Your theory fails the pragmatism test.

The statue is part of the same arsenal that contains the noose and the burning cross, Red’s pointy white hood, Kiid’s brown shirt, and Bambi’s little waxed moustache, truck chains, ar15s, and gas bombs. All tools of the same terror campaign.

Your response to the theory fails the pragmatism test.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39497 on: June 22, 2020, 10:56:39 PM »

Helicopters up because folks down at Lafayette Park are trying to tear down the Andrew Jackson ‘Rocking Horse’ statue.

I’d won’t be surprised when this turns out to be a COINTELPRO op.

The guys who whip a group into a frenzy to go fuck up and do stupid shit are usually the plants.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39498 on: June 22, 2020, 10:57:43 PM »

Check your privilege,  dude.

Bite me.Dude. Priorities matter.

My take is that "privilege" means we sit on the sidelines, pontificating on priorities while maybe back families really don't want their children walking past glorious statuary of slaveholders.   I think it's a given that people of conscience want food security etc.   But maybe symbolism has a special importance in how it shapes people's thinking about all that other important stuff you mentioned earlier.   

Your theory fails the pragmatism test.

The statue is part of the same arsenal that contains the noose and the burning cross, Red’s pointy white hood, Kiid’s brown shirt, and Bambi’s little waxed moustache, truck chains, ar15s, and gas bombs. All tools of the same terror campaign.

Your response to the theory fails the pragmatism test.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39499 on: June 22, 2020, 10:59:19 PM »

Helicopters up because folks down at Lafayette Park are trying to tear down the Andrew Jackson ‘Rocking Horse’ statue.

I’d won’t be surprised when this turns out to be a COINTELPRO op.

The guys who whip a group into a frenzy to go fuck up and do stupid shit are usually the plants.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39500 on: June 22, 2020, 11:04:09 PM »

Just do what the police tell you.

Then, when they set you up to be "resisting arrest," by questioning why one kicked you, they can pile right on.

Just a few bad apples. Like the dozens throwing in their cuffs because they aren't allowed to kneel on necks anymore.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39501 on: June 22, 2020, 11:05:56 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/23/godzilla-dust-cloud-from-sahara-blankets-caribbean-on-its-way-to-us

Some stupid party’s climate policy is coming back to pay another dividend to voters in the South East.

Harrison pulls even with Graham.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39502 on: June 22, 2020, 11:09:02 PM »

I believe Mrs.BHO would be the best choice for running mate.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39503 on: June 22, 2020, 11:21:16 PM »

Why?

What makes you think she’d want to?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39504 on: June 22, 2020, 11:24:22 PM »

My kid gave me a gift subscription to my old outfit for Fathers Day..

This is from nearly 20 years ago.

https://sojo.net/magazine/september-october-2001/scared-crooked

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39505 on: June 23, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »

Most qualified centrist Afro-American female. She would galvanize the minority voters. Based on BHO she would not follow elitist liberal lost causes as per deplorable HRC. She claims to be not interested, but can she walk away?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39506 on: June 23, 2020, 01:39:09 AM »

Right there with you Luee.

I answer to your question, Larry, I hope it would be so she could support and if necessary prop up Biden for 8 years then run things for 8 years, getting a full generation out of the Obama-Biden project before passing the football to AOC, Katie Porter, or whoever is the right person 16 years from now to take the seat.

As a cheap cheap bastard, I was wondering if you’d be inclined to paraphrase the content of the linked article past the third paragraph. I seemed to hit the paywall on sojo.net

Scared straight is some fucked up shit I should be better informed about.

Thanks

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39507 on: June 23, 2020, 01:39:26 AM »

Most qualified centrist Afro-American female. She would galvanize the minority voters. Based on BHO she would not follow elitist liberal lost causes as per deplorable HRC. She claims to be not interested, but can she walk away?

Do not mistake "I am a good first lady" for "my politics are the same as my husband's," Luee, regardless of what you think of HRC.

And it's a hoot hearing you describe Hillary Clinton as following "elitist liberal lost causes" given that one of the reasons she lost was that she was seen as a corporatist moderate by the "elitist liberal lost causes" advocates.

I also think that only one of the women being discussed is a threat to your precious avoidance of liberality and that is Elizabeth Warren. She is not only far to Biden's left, she already has his respect and his ear in ways Bernie never could. You should be grateful she isn't Black.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39508 on: June 23, 2020, 01:40:42 AM »

Right there with you Luee.

I answer to your question, Larry, I hope it would be so she could support and if necessary prop up Biden for 8 years then run things for 8 years, getting a full generation out of the Obama-Biden project before passing the football to AOC, Katie Porter, or whoever is the right person 16 years from now to take the seat.

As a cheap cheap bastard, I was wondering if you’d be inclined to paraphrase the content of the linked article past the third paragraph. I seemed to hit the paywall on sojo.net

Only 4 years of Biden with the right VP.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #39509 on: June 23, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »

Don’t undersell Joe. He can be a transformative President in his own right.
He’s got a good ear for public sentiment and has seasoned legislating and administrating crew with talent and strength. Through much of the recent past, this was probably a big recipe for disaster, but at this moment many good ideas on the left are as popular as they’ve ever been and are growing more popular and self evident by the day. If the wind is blowing in the right direction, having a weather vane at the top is by no means a bad thing. 

This story is like Sahara dust blowing west over the Atlantic,

http://www.salon.com/2020/06/22/inside-blue-leaks-a-trove-of-hacked-police-documents-released-by-anonymous/

Pages: 1 ... 2632 2633 [2634] 2635 2636 ... 4288