Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007541 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40035 on: June 26, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »

Boz-from what you can tell what % of folks in AZ are following social distance protocols in grocery stores/public spaces?

as CV has become more of a threat has SD/masks become more practiced?
As soon as Douchey opened the bars and restaurants Old Town Scottsdale was packed with people not wearing masks and deliberately doing the opposite of social distancing. It has remained that way. Until the last week or so, I would say in most stores at a given time maybe 1/3 were wearing masks. Last few days we have been locking the barn door with the horse running wild in the fields.

We pissed away two months of sacrifice because some asshole wants business opened to save his reelection chances regardless of the human cost. Now my wife is in greater danger for her health - in the five days she had off between her shifts her hospital now has four times the number of units devoted to COVID care and are converting Conference rooms and any other empty spots they can find to non emergency care.

good luck-and  stay healthy.

And give your wife a hug and a thank you from me-she's a hero.

I second that. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40036 on: June 26, 2020, 11:17:17 AM »

And with Trump crowing about the "low" numbers of deaths you know those will be on the rise soon.

He's a rabid anti-Trumper.  Eager to useany negative stat he can find.

Not alone on this board, of course.

.016 by the way is yesterday's death/new case number in the US.

Overall the number is diminishing, soon to be below one in 20.

Any one death is a negative but this virus is a mother, as we have all agreed.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40037 on: June 26, 2020, 11:21:25 AM »

Good job, Republicans, another day of record infection rates.

And with Trump crowing about the "low" numbers of deaths you know those will be on the rise soon.

You seem to be rooting for the deaths

Likely want more police abuse of blaacks too - to fit your agenda

Sad case you are, Amity.

Your ability to interpret honestly declines as your party gets more desperate.

barton

« Reply #40038 on: June 26, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

We're getting that one third of people in stores wearing masks here,  too.   Main exception has been Walmart, where it's more like half,  where there are more Lakota and Hispanic customers (who seem to be taking the health guidelines quite seriously).   There's a lot of complacency here,  where rates are lower,  and people tend to engage in magical thinking, like "it's not that crowded here, " or "covid doesn't do well at this altitude "  or (my favorite) "all the weak people move away from South Dakota so few will even feel sick." 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40039 on: June 26, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »

kid will tell you he was an early adapter to social distancing even as he was on the front lines in 2018 fighting in hand to hand combat this insidious evil disease, covid-19.

LMAO

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40040 on: June 26, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »

The fuckwad of a "president" you worship does not agree.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40041 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:27 AM »

Good job, Republicans, another day of record infection rates.

You seem to be rooting for the deaths

Likely want more police abuse of blaacks too - to fit your agenda

Sad case you are, Amity.
How can you read that as "rooting for deaths."?
because he is a twat?
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40042 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »

It's not that hard to stop or at least greatly reduce transmission of a respiratory virus.
For some reason, Trump and many on the Right have downplayed the severity of the virus and are unwilling to act responsibly and wear masks to protect themselves and others. 

There hasn't been a coordinated national strategy to deal with the virus or for reopening the economy.  Just incompetence and denial, interspersed with delusional claims of having done a great job which nobody is buying.

Trump health care leaders admitting that the actual infection rate in the US is likely over 20M.  As I've been saying.  Though Redfield said that for every positive test result there are likely ten more who have the virus but haven't been tested.   Which would mean 2.3M + 23M = 25.3M.  But I think he misspoke and means to say that for every 10 actual infections only one is confirmed by test.  That is for every positive there are 9 more positives undetected.

Really since it's guesstimation, they'd do better providing a likely range.  Probably on the order of 20M to 25M actual infections.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40043 on: June 26, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »

He's a rabid anti-Trumper.  Eager to useany negative stat he can find.

Being anti-Trump is easy unless one is deluded, like you, Ward, and Bambi.

We'd love to use positive stats, Kid. But even the declining deaths feel like a tease, because if a mere 5% of active and new cases were to die, that's still a shitload of deaths.

I'm sure your .016 means something, but I think it's hilarious of you to be telling us your prediction of where a stat is going, after you complained so bitterly about my doing it.

Given that the world number is declining, also, a bit ahead of ours, that seems like a likely path --> that number is as driven by the testing as the cases number. I think the "10x as many" figure is not true for the nation as a whole, but for some areas.

And that's the problem with your optimism - COVID-19 is still spreading into new territory and with the refusal to mask or distance in those areas both cases and deaths will continue to pile up.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40044 on: June 26, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »

.016 by the way is yesterday's death/new case number in the US.

Overall the number is diminishing, soon to be below one in 20.

Now that kiidcarter8 has joined Trump's argument, we know it will end up being wrong.

Deaths have historically lagged 3 to 4 weeks behind increases in COVID cases.  Is there reason to believe that it might not be the degree we have seen before because people are taking better precautions against the spread, that the cases are in the young population and older and more vulnerable people aren't venturing out, and that hospitals have figured out better ways to combat the virus?  We can hope.

But making triumphant declarations on death counts this soon after the spike is just stupid and ignorant (let alone making predictions that it will continue to fall) and repeating the arguments from the people that have been wrong about everything well, someone might call that a "sad case" of Trumpism.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40045 on: June 26, 2020, 11:41:09 AM »

Us folks on the left are just hyping this as a way to diminish Trump's reelection chances, same as we wear masks to make him look bad - it's just politics. Like the Obamacare thing.

Texas shifts from reopening to containment
Gov. Abbott orders some bars to close by noon today as Texas cities face 'apocalyptic' numbers if surge spreads

Just another libtard governor trying to make Trump look bad.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #40046 on: June 26, 2020, 11:44:08 AM »

Nothing like transparency, right Mr. Barr?

https://www.citizensforethics.org/doj-non-prosecution-memo/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40047 on: June 26, 2020, 11:44:17 AM »

Last call coming early today in the Lone Star state

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/world/coronavirus-live-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-6883f28

Abbott, in a reversal, announces that Texas bars shut at noon Friday amid surging cases.,

Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas ordered all bars to close on Friday and told restaurants to reduce their operating capacity, in an abrupt reversal of his previous policy as the nation’s second largest state grapples with surging coronavirus cases weeks after reopening.

By Friday, he said, “it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars. The actions in this executive order are essential to our mission to swiftly contain this virus and protect public health.”

Under the order, bars must close effective 12 p.m. Friday locally, but they can remain open for take out. Restaurants, which had been operating at 75 percent capacity, can remain open, but must reduce capacity to 50 percent.

Its a little early for me, but what are you having gents?

Our dear leader's not going to be happy about that lilly livered varmint yielding to the hoax.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40048 on: June 26, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »

WHO hopes to deliver 2 billion Covid-19 vaccine doses by the end of 2021

This is horrifying, great, and very optimistic news.

That it will take that long is horrifying.

That it won't take longer is great.

That they hope we will have a viable vaccine such that we can get that many doses delivered by then strikes me as lovely, but not  even close to anything I would want our governments to rely on. Maybe when we have a working vaccine we can start discussing how fast we can get it out.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40049 on: June 26, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »

kid will tell you he was an early adapter to social distancing even as he was on the front lines in 2018 fighting in hand to hand combat this insidious evil disease, covid-19.

Have another drink, pal.
Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 4288