Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008293 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40110 on: June 26, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »

A 2nd might be Trump is the cruelest dumbest most indifferent to human life indecent motherfucker ever to be President.

Have you ever done a little research on Andrew Jackson?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40111 on: June 26, 2020, 05:34:57 PM »

And with Trump crowing about the "low" numbers of deaths you know those will be on the rise soon.

He's a rabid anti-Trumper. 

So, he loves his country.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40112 on: June 26, 2020, 05:37:48 PM »

Last Call

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDf0IwXoOmY

It's a nice cover, but I like the original better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3o8-bcfFvE

And as far as drinking songs, I always liked this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Een4gGPOABQ
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:42:32 PM by UNO »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40113 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »

Nah...

getting a jump on the Jersey trip.

He cancelled it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40114 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »

Jerzy Kozinski,  you nailed it.

At the Values Voter Summit last October, Trump made a vague appeal to the need for continuity, comparing his first-term efforts to a new plant.

“You seed the plant, you put that plant in, but those roots have to gain,” he said. “That's why we need the next four years. We have to have — those roots, they have to grab on. That's why we need them."   

(from Phil Bump column today,    So what does Trump want to do with a second term, anyway? )

"Being There" is worth rereading.  Or reading for the first time.   It really is like Kozinski had some sort of precognitive powers.

Chauncey Gardener, if I recall. Too bad Jerzy offed himself. He had a lot more good books in him, though those who produced are still worth your time.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40115 on: June 26, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »

There what goes?

The Republican Party...Saviour of Black Ametica.

You need to remember (or maybe you didn't know) that the Democratic ad the Republican parties underwent a huge change in the 1960s.  The voters who made up the Democratic party prior to the Civil Rights act being passed in 1964 included a majority of southern whites.  As I posted a few days ago in this forum, for nearly 100 years after the civil war African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democratic.  After passage of the civil rights act those votings blocs shifted.

You shouldn't mistake the Republican abolitionist party of the civil war era with today's republican party.  The two parties basically swapped uniforms.  Today's Democrats can trace their party lineage to the Pre-Civil Rights act Republican party.  I'm assuming you did not know this.

I'm surprised regarding his continuing obsession with America, considering there is enough negativity and racism in the land of Oz to keep him busy all day and night.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40116 on: June 26, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »

And regarding great songs, here is great cover of one of Leonard Cohen's more cynical pieces.

It seems to fit our times.

https://genius.com/Don-henley-everybody-knows-lyrics

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40117 on: June 26, 2020, 06:05:23 PM »

Jerzy Kozinski,  you nailed it.

At the Values Voter Summit last October, Trump made a vague appeal to the need for continuity, comparing his first-term efforts to a new plant.

“You seed the plant, you put that plant in, but those roots have to gain,” he said. “That's why we need the next four years. We have to have — those roots, they have to grab on. That's why we need them."   

(from Phil Bump column today,    So what does Trump want to do with a second term, anyway? )

"Being There" is worth rereading.  Or reading for the first time.   It really is like Kozinski had some sort of precognitive powers.

Loved the book. Thought the movie was brilliant.

And I think Chance was brighter than Trump - and far more honest.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40118 on: June 26, 2020, 06:06:53 PM »

Experts have now forecast that there will be 179,106 COVID-19 deaths in the United States by Oct. 1. But a universal mask-wearing order in the US could save as many as 33,000 lives.

The University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation released a model Wednesday with a range of 159,497 to 213,715 deaths nationwide.

Wearing a mask “is extremely low-cost, and, for the individual, provides a 1/3 — as high as one half — reduction in the risk of transmission,” he said in a video press release. “But at the community level, can save an extraordinary number of lives.”

I thought the IHME projection of 201k by Oct. 1 was too high. I think their projection of 179 is too low. And... I am increasingly thinking I might have been wrong on the "too high," based on what we are seeing in case numbers.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40119 on: June 26, 2020, 06:08:16 PM »

This was a day or two ago.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/25/donald-trump-white-house-coronavirus-response-acosta-dnt-tsr-vpx.cnn

What I want to know is (a) why the media is not being required to wear masks and (b) what kind of an ass goes off on the reporter for not wearing a mask or social distancing while he is not wearing a mask himself and HE gets to dictate where the reporter stands to start with?!

Acosta is a prick.  No further explanation needed.

Trump is a bigger prick. Have you not picked up on that, yet?!

And it doesn't have a FUCKING THING to do with (a) why the media is not required to wear masks there.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40120 on: June 26, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »

Make America like Brazil and Russia:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/world/europe/europe-us-travel-ban.html

Good job everyone.  Well done.

#MALBR
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40121 on: June 26, 2020, 06:11:10 PM »

Trump Administration has known about this since March:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

An operation to incentivize the killing of American and other NATO troops would be a significant and provocative escalation of what American and Afghan officials have said is Russian support for the Taliban, and it would be the first time the Russian spy unit was known to have orchestrated attacks on Western troops.

Any involvement with the Taliban that resulted in the deaths of American troops would also be a huge escalation of Russia’s so-called hybrid war against the United States, a strategy of destabilizing adversaries through a combination of such tactics as cyberattacks, the spread of fake news and covert and deniable military operations.

---

As of this moment, Trump has not authorized a single response.  Not one.  Not even a diplomatic complaint.

And two months after he was briefed on this, it apparently didn't come up in a call the two had, and Trump said he wanted to invite Putin to rejoin the G7.

This is the tough guy Trumpists are in love with...

He is a traitor.

Damn. That needs circulation.

Trump’s treason watered by his republican allies has grown into condoning the hunting and killing of American troops by our adversaries.

New low, even for the GOP.

The GOP is now the PPP, Putin’s Party by Proxy.

It’s starting to get some circulation now.

http://youtu.be/xw1YyMJ6NUg
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:57:31 AM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40122 on: June 26, 2020, 06:11:18 PM »

And regarding great songs, here is great cover of one of Leonard Cohen's more cynical pieces.

It seems to fit our times.

https://genius.com/Don-henley-everybody-knows-lyrics

Cynical? Huh.

It certainly does seem to fit the times, except for Bambi. Kid knows it and Ward knows it - they just approve.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40123 on: June 26, 2020, 06:13:49 PM »

Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville says he believes it's more likely that Trump decides to drop out of the 2020 race than Trump wins re-election.

Don't forget Bo predicted circa mid-April that Trump might drop out.
Up to a 50% chance.

But, Brzezinski added, Trump does not like to lose. Scarborough concurred, and suggested that Trump could follow the example of Lyndon Johnson in 1968 and withdraw from the race.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:18:44 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 4288