Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 [2678] 2679 2680 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008224 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40155 on: June 26, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »

A reminder of the Constitution vis-a-vis
Mail -in voting.

The Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal that sought permission for voters in Texas to cast absentee ballots in this year’s elections if they feared coronavirus risks from voting in person.

It was a denial of the motion to allow it to go forward now, not a rejection of it all together.

The case is moving forward.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40156 on: June 26, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »

There what goes?

The Republican Party...Saviour of Black Ametica.

You need to remember (or maybe you didn't know) that the Democratic ad the Republican parties underwent a huge change in the 1960s.  The voters who made up the Democratic party prior to the Civil Rights act being passed in 1964 included a majority of southern whites.  As I posted a few days ago in this forum, for nearly 100 years after the civil war African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democratic.  After passage of the civil rights act those votings blocs shifted.

You shouldn't mistake the Republican abolitionist party of the civil war era with today's republican party.  The two parties basically swapped uniforms.  Today's Democrats can trace their party lineage to the Pre-Civil Rights act Republican party.  I'm assuming you did not know this.

You assume correctly.

After all, we've only spelled it out a half dozen times or so in the comparatively recent past.

Yes, but...it''s not that simple anymore.
What did Obama actually ...do...in 8 years,,, except make fancy speeches?

He’s given me health care over most of the last decade, put the republicans into the barrel within which they are now shooting themselves before dropping completely off the stage as a national party, created an economy good enough to last through more than three years of trump abuse before crashing. He built it from the smoking rubble of Bush’s crashed economy, while containing several potential pandemics that we know about. He deescalated in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, and set the stage for the defeat of ISIS and the rise of the Zelensky Government in the Ukraine.

He turned the American community college system into a better source of Education than the traditional four year system, and many other things besides.

So he did well.
In his second term he visited Australia.
He seemed shocked...think he thought he was coming to a "dumb, drunk, racist" backwater.

And your basis for saying that is?!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40157 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:35 PM »

There what goes?

The Republican Party...Saviour of Black Ametica.

You need to remember (or maybe you didn't know) that the Democratic ad the Republican parties underwent a huge change in the 1960s.  The voters who made up the Democratic party prior to the Civil Rights act being passed in 1964 included a majority of southern whites.  As I posted a few days ago in this forum, for nearly 100 years after the civil war African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democratic.  After passage of the civil rights act those votings blocs shifted.

You shouldn't mistake the Republican abolitionist party of the civil war era with today's republican party.  The two parties basically swapped uniforms.  Today's Democrats can trace their party lineage to the Pre-Civil Rights act Republican party.  I'm assuming you did not know this.

You assume correctly.

After all, we've only spelled it out a half dozen times or so in the comparatively recent past.

Yes, but...it''s not that simple anymore.
What did Obama actually ...do...in 8 years,,, except make fancy speeches?

He’s given me health care over most of the last decade, put the republicans into the barrel within which they are now shooting themselves before dropping completely off the stage as a national party, created an economy good enough to last through more than three years of trump abuse before crashing. He built it from the smoking rubble of Bush’s crashed economy, while containing several potential pandemics that we know about. He deescalated in Iraq, killed Bin Laden, and set the stage for the defeat of ISIS and the rise of the Zelensky Government in the Ukraine.

He turned the American community college system into a better source of Education than the traditional four year system, and many other things besides.

So he did well.
In his second term he visited Australia.
He seemed shocked...think he thought he was coming to a "dumb, drunk, racist" backwater.
I wasn't aware he knew you.
A parrot bit me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40158 on: June 26, 2020, 07:36:43 PM »

Kid thinks that Trump's mocking Biden's mental health is a clever move.

Trump, when asked about his second term plans:

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40159 on: June 26, 2020, 07:41:02 PM »

Mail -in voting.

The Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal that sought permission for voters in Texas to cast absentee ballots in this year’s elections if they feared coronavirus risks from voting in person.

It was a denial of the motion to allow it to go forward now, not a rejection of it all together.

To nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

barton

« Reply #40160 on: June 26, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »

As of this moment, Trump has not authorized a single response.  Not one.  Not even a diplomatic complaint.

And two months after he was briefed on this, it apparently didn't come up in a call the two had, and Trump said he wanted to invite Putin to rejoin the G7.

This is the tough guy Trumpists are in love with...

How do GOP not injure cervical vertebrae from all the rapid looking the other way?

How will Trump handle this scandal (well,  a scandal in any other administration) -- point at squirrels?   Can he dispense enough smoke from his ass to cloud and fog his followers to where they won't notice what is essentially a covert war against the US?   

barton

« Reply #40161 on: June 26, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »

Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville says he believes it's more likely that Trump decides to drop out of the 2020 race than Trump wins re-election.

Isnt he dead yet?

Kid translator app:  I have nothing intelligent to say on this,  because I lack the mental capacity and knowledge to form coherent thoughts on this conjecture.

barton

« Reply #40162 on: June 26, 2020, 07:51:54 PM »

I could never figure out Carville and Mary Matalin. Either the sex was astounding, or they were astounding at compartmentalizing, or it was a great act.

She would have made me nuts.

I found their marital life more plausible than Kelly Anne & George.   

barton

« Reply #40163 on: June 26, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »

A 2nd might be Trump is the cruelest dumbest most indifferent to human life indecent motherfucker ever to be President.

Have you ever done a little research on Andrew Jackson?
I dont think Andrew Jackson was dumb.

No, but he was the most indifferent to human life and indecent motherfucker ever to be President. Just ask the Cherokee Nation about that ethnic cleanser.

Jackson was formed by a culture that lionized that sort of ethnic cleansing.   What's Trump's excuse?   I expect Mary Trump's book will shed some light there.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40164 on: June 26, 2020, 07:58:56 PM »

A 2nd might be Trump is the cruelest dumbest most indifferent to human life indecent motherfucker ever to be President.

No, but he was the most indifferent to human life and indecent motherfucker ever to be President. Just ask the Cherokee Nation about that ethnic cleanser.

Jackson was formed by a culture that lionized that sort of ethnic cleansing.
Just the kind of guy to create the democrat party. 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40165 on: June 26, 2020, 08:00:33 PM »

Mail -in voting.

[/quotes To nowhere.
I do love your forum skills. Would you like me to fix that for you?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:55:10 PM by Echo4 »

barton

« Reply #40166 on: June 26, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »

Kid thinks that Trump's mocking Biden's mental health is a clever move.

Trump, when asked about his second term plans:

As you said on a previous page,  Chance the gardener was smarter than Trump.   The parallel between lines of dialog from the book,  and Trump speeches,  is sometimes jaw dropping.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40167 on: June 26, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »

Jackson was formed by a culture that lionized that sort of ethnic cleansing.   What's Trump's excuse?   I expect Mary Trump's book will shed some light there.

Can they publish enough to meet demand? I’ll get a digital copy myself.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40168 on: June 26, 2020, 08:07:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/979892902429199/

There's a lot of mixed up shit being said by these opponents of masks.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40169 on: June 26, 2020, 08:15:19 PM »

Yesterday was our highest one day total for new cases.

Today is 15% beyond that, so far.

And several of the countries on that list have tested a higher percentage of their population than we have.

Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 [2678] 2679 2680 ... 4288