Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2692 2693 [2694] 2695 2696 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009168 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40395 on: June 28, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »

Josh:
I hope Deej was not one of your history students.
LOL

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40397 on: June 28, 2020, 03:13:44 PM »

Josh:
LOL

Answer the question, Ward. Or assume coward status. You can be the Horatio Gates of the forum,claiming false victory and turning tail at the first sign of real blood.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40398 on: June 28, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »

Will Black comedians in America, and their Black audiences be apologising for their  "Black People hate White People"-ilk hate/racist speech from the stage, and their jumping about laughing and clapping agreement?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40399 on: June 28, 2020, 03:29:47 PM »

Will Black comedians in America, and their Black audiences be apologising for their  "Black People hate White People"-ilk hate/racist speech from the stage, and their jumping about laughing and clapping agreement?

Will you ever stop being an object of derision?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40400 on: June 28, 2020, 03:32:47 PM »

Josh:
LOL

Red gets his history from the same place he got his economics, Newt Gingrich’s School for Corruptible Youth. 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40401 on: June 28, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »

Just read about 9 pages of vitriol here.

There are no women on this forum.

And the testosterone infused arguments generally just lead to personal insults.

No one seems to ever concede that someone else may have a valid point.

The few Henry Fonda moments of lucid and rational thought are quickly shouted down or memed out of existence.

Really the forum needs a new title; one that captured it's true nature.

I suggest "Twelve Angry Men".

Consider these 3 quotes from that brilliant work of art, and how they seem so fitting a description of what goes on here.

"Facts may be colored by the personalities of the people who present them."

"It's very hard to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And no matter where you run into it, prejudice obscures the truth."

TEN [exploding]. Bright! He's a common ignorant slob. He don't even speak good English!
ELEVEN [slowly]. He doesn't even speak good English.

Gentlemen...I ask you to consider this truth in labeling recommendation.

bambu doesn't get angry

Bambu doesn't get much.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40402 on: June 28, 2020, 03:45:40 PM »

I prefer for every country in the '"Christian West" to be White majority, and every governing parliament in those countries to be White majority.
Why?
Because I've studied countries that aren't like that and I do not like what I see.

I bolded Christian,  mainly for the irony value.    What a spectacularly UNchristian post.

Take a look at Africa, the Middle East, Asia NSEW including India, Pakistan, the rest of the 'Stan' countries, Mexico, Central America, South America and tell me you'd like the USA to be them.

Take a look at what England, the US and the Soviet Union, followed by Russia, have done to those countries. Tell me why America should be held in such high esteem in that regard.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40403 on: June 28, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »

You easily fall for distractions and extreme caricatures.

Isn't it a bit more important that the President of the US tweeted a video with a supporter of his chanting White Power?

It's still a stupid distraction, but politically dangerous and resonant among US versions of idiots like you.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40404 on: June 28, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »

Distractions and extreme caricatures are what Bambi is paid to promote. It why he’s allowed a dial up connection.

If you’re not distracted by extreme caricatures you might end up reading stuff like this,

http://slate.com/business/2020/06/unemployment-benefits-end-july-republicans.html

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #40406 on: June 28, 2020, 04:40:51 PM »

We've pointed this out before, but you (Ward and Bambi) have a hard time grasping it:

Robert E. Lee was not only a brutal slave owner, but a traitor to the country.

FDR was not only an antisemite but a person who worked hard to save the country.

Also, despite his antisemitic proclivities and his failure with the St. Louis, he still worked to save the Jews. Truman's antipathy towards the Jews was very real, but it, too, is very much countered by his actions. They worked beyond their personal biases.

I don't know that Wilson could see past his biases. Nothing in the record suggests that he did.

Well no one asked me but i'll proffer up my opinion.  The argument on statues is a distraction.  Symbols hold meaning but they are only symbols.  A police officer named Piner with racist opinions pining for the next civil war is much more dangerous than a status of a racist from the civil war.  I'm not saying statues that glorify those who oppressed people shouldn't be taken down.  I'm saying the effort spent there will exhaust the progressive movement and drag it down into endless debate.  That's what is happening now in this forum and on fox news when they say "Well next they'll wanna rename this or remove that...."  In the end what is it worth, how many hills do we want to die on?  Statues should be a lagging indicator of progress not a leading one.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40407 on: June 28, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/28/bernie-sanders-college-supporters-joe-biden-328353

Biden consolidating the Bernie wing is Very good news. He should still pick Warren and let her drive policy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40408 on: June 28, 2020, 04:44:14 PM »

Yes, hard to imagine any army with shorter, better supply lines, fighting on their own ground, using better rifles, wearing concealing uniforms and not bright red-shoot-here uniforms could defeat a distracted opponent who sent in the B-team army shored up with some German hired hands.

From the first shot heard around the world at Bunker Hill the outcome was never in question.

And If George had told his slaves "fight with us and you all go free" the war would have ended in 1778.

And if I had to pick one of the many Founding Fathers as THE Father of our Country, I would cast my ballot for Ben Franklin who freed his slaves in 1752 or there's about.

LLLLLLLOL.

Deej, you have the true founding father.

Symbols are a potent statement of intent around which mass aggregates of individual behaviors coalesce.

It’s time to clean out the stables, swamp, and barn.

Dead crackers need to be burnt up and fed back into the soil if any are to eat next season.
Pages: 1 ... 2692 2693 [2694] 2695 2696 ... 4288