Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605537 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40680 on: June 30, 2020, 03:06:09 PM »

US COVID-19 death rate has now fallen below 5%.

Falls in line now with world numbers

Rates are a lagging indicator. The numbers in NY Tri State are dramatically reduced while the Southeast and Southwest are ramping up.

Take a look at the world around you, kiid.

Do your kids see the world as you?

If so you’ve failed as an American.

Knicks--kid can barely add two numbers, good luck explaining to him lagging statistical indicators or the relationship between numerator and a rapidly rising denominator,

yawnnnnn

Lost long ago, he continues to take pot shots

Quite sad.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #40681 on: June 30, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

Please, Barton.

Had the protesters simply been marching past, maybe that would have been fine - though in a private hood.

But clearly they were congregating outside the house.

They were going to protest at the mayor’s house.

Sure

And on the walk?

Some stopped and said, “Look! It’s Ken and Karen as shoeless gunslingers!”

Sit down you can see in their demeanor she shamed his ass out there. “Look it, Ken. If you were any kind of a man you’d...”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40682 on: June 30, 2020, 03:08:44 PM »

Their trial should be interesting.

They did not shoot anyone.

Calm is all very nice, until armed protesters are marauding thru your gated community ...maybe the community needs some better gates...and are outside your house intent on who knows what.
The home is historic and very valuable.

If I were their lawyer that's what I'd be impressing on the jury.

Trial?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't they get tossed in prison if convicted of a felony?
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40683 on: June 30, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »

Their trial should be interesting.

They did not shoot anyone.

Calm is all very nice, until armed protesters are marauding thru your gated community ...maybe the community needs some better gates...and are outside your house intent on who knows what.
The home is historic and very valuable.

If I were their lawyer that's what I'd be impressing on the jury.

Trial?

What the fuck are you talking about?

They committed felonies. There will be a trial. There will also be a review before the bar.

Kudos to SCOTUS for finally sealing the coffin on the Catholic bigotry of James Blaine. His proposed Constitutional  Amendment Of the late 1800’s to bar tax money to parochial schools failed but 60 per cent of the states added similar provisions to their state constitutions. Today the court ruled if states give aid to
Private schools they cannot discriminate on the basis of religion.
A first amendment victory and a boost to school choice which could lead to better education for poor kids.

Time to end vouchers.

Again.
Talk about swimming upstream

The Montana ruling could qualify as a Landmark decision in boosting public money to private schools. Just a month ago Florida passed a law that will quadruple the number of students eligible now to have a true choice in where they go school. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was elected on the strength of his school choice stance.

You asshole.

You want better schools across the board?

Stop funding public schools with property taxes.

But you really don’t care that public education is what drove the USA to the forefront of the world.

Amazing how unpatriotic are you and your ilk.

That’s a great point! an additional 1.5% wealth tax plus a 5% jump on the tax for inheriting large estates can go directly into public education. To make it bipartisan, current support for religious and private can persist frozen at its current level for legacy institutions with no new recipients in those categories being eligible for support. That would be a wise and patriotic path to follow.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #40684 on: June 30, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »

What were they supposed to do?

How about go out and stand on their lawn holding up a BLM sign?  Would've saved them a lot of hassle.

Never go outside when there's trouble. ( never get out of the car either )....it will only end badly.
If the trouble is on the street, it might not involve you, and might pass you by.
If trouble sets foot on your property then that's the time to prepare to shoot...and shoot if your home is invaded.

Going outside pointing a gun is a lot more likely to end badly for this couple (and their pocketbook) than holding up a sign.
Or sticking it to the window.
They didn't need to step outside at all.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #40685 on: June 30, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »

Maybe the Mayor should've just resigned.  Instead of holding her gated community neighbors to this type of emotional anguish.

Maybe.

Maybe marauding protesters should stop invading communities and subjecting residents to fear and emotional anguish.
There oughta be a law.
Gated communities are private property.

By their own lawyers statement these were peaceful protesters with two white protesters carrying (not aiming) weapons.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40686 on: June 30, 2020, 03:24:30 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-gun-couple-investigated-clash-protesters

Yes,  lawyers know how to craft a good narrative so they're all ready for court.   As I said,  and Needs said,  and you have not responded to,  brandishing weapons and pointing them is provocative, escalates aggression,  and is a felony in Missouri.

Gated community.
Saw the man interviewed.
He says they were in fear of their lives,

What did you think he was going to say?

He was at 0 risk, even after he yelled at them to leave. Nobody in the group is accused of brandishing a weapon, merely being in possession. The owners escalated things - and if he was fearful, then have his wife call police.

But no.

They are liars.

That's what he said, I saw him say it.
They looked very frightened to me.

The protesters were armed?
They should also take footage of that to their trial.

I believe he said it. And sure, he looked frightened to you but that was hours later. It's called acting.

Yes, the protesters were armed. Guess what, Bambi?

Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner

There is no claim that they threatened. The only people threatening with weapons were the lawyers.

The marchers had weapons, as was their right under Missouri law.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40687 on: June 30, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »

Please, Barton.

Had the protesters simply been marching past, maybe that would have been fine - though in a private hood.

Sure

And on the walk?

Some stopped and said, “Look! It’s Ken and Karen as shoeless gunslingers!”

Sit down you can see in their demeanor she shamed his ass out there. “Look it, Ken. If you were any kind of a man you’d...”

Smart-ass protesters?
Probably not the least bit interested that they'd scared the White folk residents into arming themselves and making a stand in front of their home.
Maybe 'Ken', seeing his wife genuinely fearful for her life and the life of her pets inside...said to himself , as the man of the house..."I'm not putting up with this shit", grabbed his assault rifle and went outside to make a stand, his wife then grabbing her gun and following him in support.

Not a good idea to taunt fearful, shaking 'gunslingers'...that's a good way to get yourself killed.
As I remember it the woman was shaking...truly fearing for her life.
I expected to see the gun go off any second.
Go woke, go broke.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #40688 on: June 30, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »

You guys who are trump supporters don't also need to support this misbehaving couple who no one but their PAID lawyer is defending. 

Why do you jump to their defense?  Do you see yourself in them?  Sit this one out.  You'd have more credibility.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #40689 on: June 30, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »

Gratitude, optimism, and faith, are so important, especially during these hard times. And we need to remember to look for the beauty in the world.

On the issue of schools... I met a guy in Rome, Italy, he owned an Irish pub there in Rome, and he was a former public school teacher in New York City, he said that he feared for his life and he hated his job, so he quit, and he went to work teaching at a Catholic school, and he said that all of a sudden he loved his job and the students really wanted to learn, he said the Catholic school was great.

And when I was in high school there was a race riot, and people brought guns to school, the cops and school security did a great job and no one was hurt, it was a miracle that no one was killed. For some reason I was surrounded by Black people who said they were looking for violence, and the cops and school security pulled me out, and they told me to leave and to go home. That was my last day of school. They asked me not to return. I was working anyway, so I just went to work full time. Later I returned to community college and I went to acting school, but for me high school sucked. If I was at a Catholic high school then I would not have had any problems. Or if I was at a high school for the performing arts, or whatever. I support school choice.

Salute,

Tony V.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40690 on: June 30, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

Please, Barton.

Sure

And on the walk?

Walk.

You have no evidence to the contrary.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #40691 on: June 30, 2020, 03:32:00 PM »

Gratitude, optimism, and faith, are so important, especially during these hard times. And we need to remember to look for the beauty in the world.

On the issue of schools... I met a guy in Rome, Italy, he owned an Irish pub there in Rome, and he was a former public school teacher in New York City, he said that he feared for his life and he hated his job, so he quit, and he went to work teaching at a Catholic school, and he said that all of a sudden he loved his job and the students really wanted to learn, he said the Catholic school was great.

And when I was in high school there was a race riot, and people brought guns to school, the cops and school security did a great job and no one was hurt, it was a miracle that no one was killed. For some reason I was surrounded by Black people who said they were looking for violence, and the cops and school security pulled me out, and they told me to leave and to go home. That was my last day of school. They asked me not to return. I was working anyway, so I just went to work full time. Later I returned to community college and I went to acting school, but for me high school sucked. If I was at a Catholic high school then I would not have had any problems. Or if I was at a high school for the performing arts, or whatever. I support school choice.

Salute,

Tony V.

Do you ever respond to posts?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40692 on: June 30, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »

You guys who are trump supporters don't also need to support this misbehaving couple who no one but their PAID lawyer is defending. 

Why do you jump to their defense?  Do you see yourself in them?  Sit this one out.  You'd have more credibility.

.000000001 vs. .000000000?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40693 on: June 30, 2020, 03:42:28 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics/donald-trump-racist-monuments/index.html

President Trump opposes changing the name changes at Princeton and of John Wayne Airport, among others.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40694 on: June 30, 2020, 03:55:02 PM »

US COVID-19 death rate has now fallen below 5%.

Falls in line now with world numbers

Rates are a lagging indicator. The numbers in NY Tri State are dramatically reduced while the Southeast and Southwest are ramping up.

Take a look at the world around you, kiid.

Do your kids see the world as you?

If so you’ve failed as an American.

Knicks--kid can barely add two numbers, good luck explaining to him lagging statistical indicators or the relationship between numerator and a rapidly rising denominator,

yawnnnnn

Lost long ago, he continues to take pot shots

Quite sad.

Kid-I along with a few others here, simply pointed out the folly of your decision making process and your conclusion. If you understood the simplest of statistical concepts it is unlikely you would have drawn the conclusion you did. Of course the possibility exists you are not that dumb but are merely a partisan hack trying to mask, so to speak, the truth of the Republican spread virus that is not slowing and is killing Americans.

My observations lead me to conclude the probablity is high that you are both that dumb and a partisan hack.

Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 4288