Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2715 2716 [2717] 2718 2719 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584985 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40740 on: June 30, 2020, 07:33:15 PM »

Four Toledo City Council members accused of yatta yatta....

Small Earthquake in Chile; Not Many Dead

The squirrels are restless tonight.
You’ll have to ask Harry.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40741 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »

As the defunding vote in NY approaches...

"First dispirit them - then tell them they are doing a bad job - and then what you do is  .. with the Occupy movement that you asked to go there - across the street from City Hall - tell them you are cutting a billion dollars out of the budget - and oh yeah - instead of saying we are in austere times, in the middle of the corona virus - and we have to cut the budget and it npains me to do so - I am taking it and putting it toward generic youth programs.  There is a Police Athletic League already, but I dont want to digress.  Generic youth programs.  Are they dramatically underfunded?  Is this addressing something - or is this an idea or an ideal that you are implementing now - which puts the NY citizen on the sideline?
Now - let me tell you what (DeBlazio) is doing.  He is cutting one thousand one hundred and sixty three police officers from the next academy class that is coming in.  So imagine this - even though all this stuff is going on NEGATIVE with the NYPD, they've got this great history that says "I'm gonna go in there anyway" - and for forty thousand dollars...when you take out taxes you take about twenty three thousand dollars home - you commute to the most expensive city in the country - you won't wear your uniform because you are afraid of being targeted = and you will go and you will TRAIN and you will DIRECT TRAFFIC and you will try to rebuild this city ina  very tense time.  But then you get a call that you are NO LONGER going to be in the Academy.  Because they are looking to save money
They are also diverting money from school safety, where the police department was handling it - andf putting it in the hands of the Department of Education.  So now SCHOOL SAFETY GOES ON THE BACK BURNER. Schools can handle it themselves.   UNBELIEVABLE series of events!

-   Brian Kilmeade

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40742 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »

"The uneducated are showing up in droves - and unfortunately are given microphones..."

-   Tim Scott

That's a helluva way to describe your supporters, Senator.

heh

Recommend that you see both sides - maybe take an interest in a segment once in a while as it is provided for you.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40743 on: June 30, 2020, 07:42:52 PM »

Four Toledo City Council members accused of yatta yatta....

Small Earthquake in Chile; Not Many Dead

The squirrels are restless tonight.

Red's going to root out rampant corruption wherever he finds it, from the grass roots up.

But he's focused just on Blue grass.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:02:46 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40744 on: June 30, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »

"The uneducated are showing up in droves - and unfortunately are given microphones..."

-   Tim Scott

That's a helluva way to describe your supporters, Senator.

heh

Recommend that you see both sides - maybe take an interest in a segment once in a while as it is provided for you.

Kid you posted a naked quote, so I spun it in a way that made perfect sense.

You want me to consider your intended meaning, then post a link and give me some context from which to consider the "other side"

And the real fear for Repubs is not the masses holding a microphone, pitchfork or AR-15, but holding fair elections.

VOTE BABY VOTE

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40745 on: June 30, 2020, 07:48:54 PM »

-   Tim Scott

Best description of the republican senate caucus that I’ve read in a while. One of the uneducated even has a gavel. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40746 on: June 30, 2020, 07:50:09 PM »

One thing I learned in my dealings with public health (doing social work in group homes) is how substandard housing can impact respiratory health.  Poor housing can give you asthma, in several ways.    And also,  living within 150 feet of an arterial (where cheaper housing is often found) has an impact on CV health.  We have a long ways to go on these issues.   

uhhhhh...

I don't think so

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40747 on: June 30, 2020, 07:52:39 PM »

-   Tim Scott

Best description of the republican senate caucus that I’ve read in a while. One of the uneducated even has a gavel.

cute

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40748 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:29 PM »

You want me to consider your intended meaning, then post a link and give me some context from which to consider the "other side"

nahhhh

maybe next time

Scott doing yeoman's work these days on both sides of the aisle.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40749 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:43 PM »

One thing I learned in my dealings with public health (doing social work in group homes) is how substandard housing can impact respiratory health.  Poor housing can give you asthma, in several ways.    And also,  living within 150 feet of an arterial (where cheaper housing is often found) has an impact on CV health.  We have a long ways to go on these issues.   

uhhhhh...

I don't think so

Kid I've a real question for you and I've never asked before, and we've posted together for close to 25 years, but what is your educational background and profession?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40750 on: June 30, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »

This is what happens when anarchist rioting protesters make society sick of them,  the violin vigil folk  pay a price.

So hard to tell anarchists and violinists apart.   Anyone who has been to a Suzuki method recital knows this.
It appears you have no clue to the meanings of anarchy or the Suzuki Method.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:59:00 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40751 on: June 30, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »

Banks, ya beat me to it. Nice.

Kilmead’s diatribe was better in the original German. Is he thinking of quitting his job as a prostitute and spreader of disease to pursue a career in public safety? More to the point, why does any network try to pass his stupid pet tricks off as commentary?

Kiid, your knowledge of substandard housing (your home for instance) is as flimsy and misguided as your knowledge of just about anything else. It is certain you will die in ignorance, as you have lived.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40752 on: June 30, 2020, 08:00:02 PM »

nahhhh

maybe next time

kid if you are too timid to provide any supporting material, context, or a link where I can see Scott's comment in totality, and presumably expose your "other side", how can you expect me to consider both sides?

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
An Obvious Tragedy Ready to Occur ...
« Reply #40754 on: June 30, 2020, 08:07:46 PM »

Have to say that having armed protesters (and/or armed counter-protesters) is going to end badly some time.  The folks with weapons in the gallery above the Michigan lawmakers made it pretty clear that intimidation is bad enough.  But at some point someone is going to fire their weapon during a protest and others might respond.  It might even become a new form of mass shooting.  But the combination of inflamed passions and high-powered weaponry is not going to end well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2715 2716 [2717] 2718 2719 ... 4288