Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602101 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40755 on: June 30, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »

Banks, ya beat me to it. Nice.

Kilmead’s diatribe was better in the original German. Is he thinking of quitting his job as a prostitute and spreader of disease to pursue a career in public safety? More to the point, why does any network try to pass his stupid pet tricks off as commentary?

Kiid, your knowledge of substandard housing (your home for instance) is as flimsy and misguided as your knowledge of just about anything else. It is certain you will die in ignorance, as you have lived.

Thanks Fac-some of this stuff practically writes itself.

The thing that got me about the Repub's (McConnell, McCarthy, Hannity, FnF morons) sudden hard-on for masks was that it wasn't the 2.5 million sick Americans, or the 130,000 dead Americans, but rather the virus was spreading in the south and west, and maybe their voters might call in sick or call-in dead.

Trump's still holding out though.

My contempt for the Repubs is almost infinite.

They're evil

Fucking evil. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40756 on: June 30, 2020, 08:21:52 PM »

Banks, ya beat me to it. Nice.

Kilmead’s diatribe was better in the original German. Is he thinking of quitting his job as a prostitute and spreader of disease to pursue a career in public safety? More to the point, why does any network try to pass his stupid pet tricks off as commentary?

Kiid, your knowledge of substandard housing (your home for instance) is as flimsy and misguided as your knowledge of just about anything else. It is certain you will die in ignorance, as you have lived.

Thanks Fac-some of this stuff practically writes itself.

The thing that got me about the Repub's (McConnell, McCarthy, Hannity, FnF morons) sudden hard-on for masks was that it wasn't the 2.5 million sick Americans, or the 130,000 dead Americans, but rather the virus was spreading in the south and west, and maybe their voters might call in sick or call-in dead.

Trump's still holding out though.

My contempt for the Repubs is almost infinite.

They're evil

Fucking evil.

Very true.

America will run them out or perish. America without republicans can be a very good place.

Even without republicans we still have a lot of work to do. With republicans we have no option but further disintegration and decay, bushtrump on (more) steroids.

A lot of people are waking up to both of these facts. Idiots like Kiid never let us forget. We should thank them with every shovel of dirt we use to fill their graves for being transparently evil enough to finally force us to bring the nation past their broken and deadly ideas.

http://www.theringer.com/2020/6/29/21304911/summer-of-protest-america-2020

Keep marching.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40757 on: June 30, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »

Four Toledo City Council members accused of accepting bribes in 2 year FBI investigation

TOLEDO (WTVG) - Four members of the Toledo City Council have been accused of accepting bribes while in office, according to court documents obtained by 13abc on Tuesday. At least three of those council members have been placed into federal custody.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Toledo mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz said he was "shocked and heartbroken" by the arrests, calling it a "terrible day for Toledo — and for everyone who believes in the good that can be accomplished through public service"
He went on to say he, "was inspired to run for public office by a Catholic priest, Fr. Timothy O’Brien, who impressed upon me the benefits of a life dedicated to serving the public good. Because of his mentorship, I have no tolerance for public officials who abuse the trust of the citizens. One of the reasons Toledo has seen relatively little political corruption, historically, is because the public doesn’t tolerate it either.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Four-Toledo-City-Council-members-arrested-on-bribery-charges-571562741.html

Thank you for the link.

I really hate how many public officials are at the feeding trough.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40758 on: June 30, 2020, 08:22:54 PM »

You want me to consider your intended meaning, then post a link and give me some context from which to consider the "other side"

nahhhh

maybe next time

kid if you are too timid to provide any supporting material, context, or a link where I can see Scott's comment in totality, and presumably expose your "other side", how can you expect me to consider both sides?

Like I said - dont worry about it - move on

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40759 on: June 30, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »

"ScoMo goes ballistic as Australia spashes out on new weapons".
One can never have too many weapons.

The more weapons you have, especially new weapons, the more likely you are to use them.  Think about that ...

Some fancy new missiles we bought from Washington that sit  under the wings of warplanes, and when a button is pushed fly away and blow up whole ships.
Cool.  (well except for the loss of life on the ships.)...all's fair in love and war.
China is attacking Australia now at every turn. Alleged espionage, trade, verbal insults,  what next...physical assault, 
blocking the South China sea and ruining our economy?
Use new weapons? not much point having them if you're not prepared to use them.
What Aussie really needs ...nuke-powered, nuke-armed subs ...even if rented from Washington...that can turn Beijing and Shanghai into ash at the pushing of a few buttons.
Might as well go out in a blaze of glory as be a China slave forever....on in modern language 'Kung fu slave'.
Obama is appalled at Trump's term "Kung flu".
Obama is too nice.

Better the whole world die, says Bambi.

And for all that the racist, Kid Carter, objects to our calling Bambi a racist, Bambi illustrates it again in this post.

Exactly what I said when objecting to having to register for the draft for the Vietnam war.
"Nuke Em".
"Can't do that" said war veteran father eager to see me drafted to "make a man out of you".
"Yes we can"..."we nuked Japan". "If I'm going to be used as cannon fodder and be slaughtered in the jungle, my life ended for nothing...then the whole world can end too."

China is hurling insults, good Trump is fighting the good fight.
Obama is too nice.

Time to start deleting this bullshit.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40760 on: June 30, 2020, 08:25:28 PM »

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/protesters-say-aurora-pd-used-force-at-elijah-mcclain-vigil.html?utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1&fbclid=IwAR2romJMIY8PJIRR_RA7XUgGgFixrXjV1Pv8LkhTeXzrFuPB4issJankEjw

Good work, Aurora PD. Keep those violin vigils in their place!

This is what happens when anarchist rioting protesters make society sick of them,  the violin vigil folk  pay a price.

No. This is when anti-social people like you, with no boundaries or restraint, become racist police.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40761 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:37 PM »

"The uneducated are showing up in droves - and unfortunately are given microphones..."

-   Tim Scott

That's a helluva way to describe your supporters, Senator.

heh

Recommend that you see both sides - maybe take an interest in a segment once in a while as it is provided for you.

Still preaching without practicing, I see.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40762 on: June 30, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »

One thing I learned in my dealings with public health (doing social work in group homes) is how substandard housing can impact respiratory health.  Poor housing can give you asthma, in several ways.    And also,  living within 150 feet of an arterial (where cheaper housing is often found) has an impact on CV health.  We have a long ways to go on these issues.   

uhhhhh...

I don't think so

Of course not.

Nor could you be bothered to find out.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40763 on: June 30, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »

Four Toledo City Council members accused of accepting bribes in 2 year FBI investigation

TOLEDO (WTVG) - Four members of the Toledo City Council have been accused of accepting bribes while in office, according to court documents obtained by 13abc on Tuesday. At least three of those council members have been placed into federal custody.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Toledo mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz said he was "shocked and heartbroken" by the arrests, calling it a "terrible day for Toledo — and for everyone who believes in the good that can be accomplished through public service"
He went on to say he, "was inspired to run for public office by a Catholic priest, Fr. Timothy O’Brien, who impressed upon me the benefits of a life dedicated to serving the public good. Because of his mentorship, I have no tolerance for public officials who abuse the trust of the citizens. One of the reasons Toledo has seen relatively little political corruption, historically, is because the public doesn’t tolerate it either.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Four-Toledo-City-Council-members-arrested-on-bribery-charges-571562741.html

Thank you for the link.

Or the squirrel trough.
LOL.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40764 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:19 PM »

This is what happens when anarchist rioting protesters make society sick of them,  the violin vigil folk  pay a price.

So hard to tell anarchists and violinists apart.   Anyone who has been to a Suzuki method recital knows this.
It appears you have no clue to the meanings of anarchy or the Suzuki Method.

It appears, as ever, that nothing goes over your head because your reaction time is too fast.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40765 on: June 30, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »

Four Toledo City Council members accused of yatta yatta....

Small Earthquake in Chile; Not Many Dead

The squirrels are restless tonight.
You’ll have to ask Harry.
No squirrels here.  Too fucking hot.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40766 on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:23 PM »

Thank you for the link.

Or the squirrel trough.
LOL.

Self-identification is an important start, Ward.

You seem to hate sincere responses to your posts.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40767 on: June 30, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »

Big votes and pay-offs coming 
We're in this for our own
This summer there'l be no slummin'
Four caught in Toledo

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40768 on: June 30, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/30/mcconnell-filibuster-democrats-345816

Holy Mother of God what a hypocrite.

I think the important thing for our Democratic friends to remember is that you might not be in total control in the future,” McConnell said. “Any time you start fiddling around with the rules of the Senate, I think you always need to put yourself in the other fellow’s shoes and just imagine what might happen when the winds shift.”
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40769 on: June 30, 2020, 08:47:48 PM »

You want me to consider your intended meaning, then post a link and give me some context from which to consider the "other side"

nahhhh

maybe next time

kid if you are too timid to provide any supporting material, context, or a link where I can see Scott's comment in totality, and presumably expose your "other side", how can you expect me to consider both sides?

Like I said - dont worry about it - move on

Well kid, if its all the same to you, and since you brought it up, I'll just make fun of your lack of honesty, sincerity and your marked inability to hold up your end of a discussion.

I tried to examine both sides as you wished, and I wanted to give it a good faith effort to understand your point in context, but you provided nothing to consider.

Did i accurately capture the fact-vaccum that you operate in, and wish others to be duped by? 
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 4288