Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583805 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40830 on: July 01, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »

Trump also further politicized masks by saying that many folks wear a masks just to show disapproval of him -- implying that his supporters should not wear masks to show their support.

At certain times - quite true

barton

Re: An Obvious Tragedy Ready to Occur ...
« Reply #40831 on: July 01, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »

Have to say that having armed protesters (and/or armed counter-protesters) is going to end badly some time.  The folks with weapons in the gallery above the Michigan lawmakers made it pretty clear that intimidation is bad enough.  But at some point someone is going to fire their weapon during a protest and others might respond.  It might even become a new form of mass shooting.  But the combination of inflamed passions and high-powered weaponry is not going to end well.

Amen.

Time the protesters all went home.

Not his point.  ARMED protest is a problem,  not protest per se.  All that dingo buggering is fogging your mind.   Waving signs:good.  Waving guns: bad.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40832 on: July 01, 2020, 09:27:26 AM »

He also doesn't support social distancing.  Removing the stickers on the chairs in Tulsa was a clear signal.

It was actually just following the initial plan.  His hope was that they would all wear masks - which were being GIVEN to every attendee.

"Let's keep them away from each other because w know they wont distance" was never a thought - agreed. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40833 on: July 01, 2020, 09:34:02 AM »

He also doesn't support social distancing.  Removing the stickers on the chairs in Tulsa was a clear signal.

It was actually just following the initial plan.  His hope was that they would all wear masks - which were being GIVEN to every attendee.

"Let's keep them away from each other because w know they wont distance" was never a thought - agreed.

His hope was that they would all wear masks.  Uh huh.  kiidcarter8 knows this even though Trump said nothing ahead of the rally saying that he hopes everyone wears masks.  If he had, more than a handful would have been wearing them. 

Which is the point.  Don't you think if the statement "Trump supports wearing masks" is true that the people who adore him would have been wearing them?  Instead he said the opposite, as has been pointed out to you.  "People wear masks to show disapproval of me."

As for your point on social distancing, despite it apparently being written in English, I have no idea what you are trying to say.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40834 on: July 01, 2020, 09:41:11 AM »

I don't recall if it was Trump or someone high up in his campaign, but someone in the Trump Admin said that the Tulsa attendees could decide to wear a mask or not, that it was their decision.  Which isn't much of an endorsement of mask wearing.  Especially knowing that Trump won't wear one and most Trumpeters won't either.

I assumed they handed out masks to every attendee to further try to limit any legal responsibility.  Not to show support for mask wearing.  And indeed the handful of pics I saw inside of the Tulsa auditorium gave the impression that maybe 1% to 2% wore masks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40835 on: July 01, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »

Just amazing to me that parts of the US are finally coming around to mandatory mask-wearing on July 1st.  March 1 or at least March 15 would have been sound and appropriate, saving lives, limiting infections, putting fewer health care pros at risk (the reason for the initial no mask policy lie).   

It's actually not so recent

Views havent changed

Even Trump supports mask wearing.

Legislating is another matter.

So what can be done - short of legislation - are we to arrest?  $50 fines that likely wont be paid?  What is the enforcement angle on this?

You guys with kids in their 20s/30s- how do they feel about being so encumbered?  Are they anywhere at all sans mask?

Because THAT, seemingly, is the group of concern - not Republicans.

Kid you are so full of crap.

i asked you just a few days ago if you wore a mask when you went to public places and you gave a BS answer like, I follow the law,

There is no law.

There is loosely enforced state by state guidelines

It was a Y or N question that you did not want to answer as your party affiliation was sending a mixed mask posture.

they made wearing a mask a manliness issue and a partisan issue.

The dumb fucks.

Its only been over the past couple of days since the McConnell etal have adopted mask-friendlier posture, and only because the virus is rampaging, as predicted in the south and west. And now the R-pols are getting blowback from scared constiuents.

The lies and hypocrisy of cowardly Repubs have cost this country needless death and suffering and trillions of dollars that will burden us for a long long fucking time.

And hundreds of millions of Americans will pay for the stupidity and selfishness.

All because morons like you couldn't face the truth and sacrifice for the greater good.

Shame on you.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40836 on: July 01, 2020, 09:48:58 AM »

"The uneducated are showing up in droves - and unfortunately are given microphones..."

-   Tim Scott

That's a helluva way to describe your supporters, Senator.

heh

Recommend that you see both sides - maybe take an interest in a segment once in a while as it is provided for you.

Kid you posted a naked quote, so I spun it in a way that made perfect sense.

You want me to consider your intended meaning, then post a link and give me some context from which to consider the "other side"

And the real fear for Repubs is not the masses holding a microphone, pitchfork or AR-15, but holding fair elections.

VOTE BABY VOTE

The full quote is here: https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/30/tim-scott-protester-police-uneducated/

Watch the video.

This took me a minute to find.

Depersonalize. Debate. Respectfully.

Tim Scott is using the language and argument of an apologist and shill for a white supremacist regime. He appears somewhat normalized in this in the clip imbedded in the linked article by appearing on a white supremacist network with a whites supremacist hostess. They can both chuckle along. Pretend he doesn’t hear the complaints of those he has sworn to serve is one way, one very republican way, of avoiding the responsibilities of doing his job while continuing to cash his paychecks.

Tim Scott is a very unfortunate Senator. He’ll probably stick around as part of the 36-37 seat rump minority that the republican caucus dwindles to in its inexorable trajectory towards complete irrelevance.

To be clear. I'm not defending Tim Scott. My goal was to illustrate the question he was answering, and his full remarks in order to foster a more honest conversation here regarding his remarks.

I found it to be more than a bit ironic that Fox News was complaining that it doesn't seem like people can really sit down and talk without getting too excited these days. As though they hadn't played any role in the development of that circumstance.

it seems more than hypocritical to complain that no one listens when you exemplify how no one listens.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #40837 on: July 01, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »

"the uneducated"

Oh that's cute,  Timmy found himself a new racist dogwhistle. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40838 on: July 01, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »

Did someone mention "the uneducated"?

https://youtu.be/NzDhm808oU4

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40839 on: July 01, 2020, 09:58:53 AM »

His hope was that they would all wear masks.  Uh huh.  kiidcarter8 knows this even though Trump said nothing ahead of the rally saying that he hopes everyone wears masks.  If he had, more than a handful would have been wearing them.

Decision really was whether or not to make them mandatory.  SUGGESTING does nothing.

Mandatory - would have sent the proper message.  And maybe allowed for more attendees.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40840 on: July 01, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »

There is no law.

There is loosely enforced state by state guidelines

I have been in several states since the COVID hit - and follow directives from each

If anything I overmask myself (wear when it is not required)

One sign read - "We cant make you wear a mask but we appreciate if you do".

You are painting every Republican as someone that will then NOT wear a mask into that establishment - and that's horse-hocky.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40841 on: July 01, 2020, 10:06:07 AM »

Its only been over the past couple of days since the McConnell etal have adopted mask-friendlier posture, and only because the virus is rampaging, as predicted in the south and west. And now the R-pols are getting blowback from scared constiuents.

Making up more shit - to DIVIDE.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40842 on: July 01, 2020, 10:07:58 AM »

Decision really was whether or not to make them mandatory.  SUGGESTING does nothing.

Bullshit.  If Trump hoped that people at the rally wore masks he would have said "I hope people at my rally wear masks."  If he had said that, you don't think most of his supporters would have?  Of course they would.

But you said he "supports" mask wearing despite his saying nothing to support mask wearing, so we get where you are coming from this. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40843 on: July 01, 2020, 10:10:17 AM »

Joe Biden has yet to be COVID tested.

Interesting.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40844 on: July 01, 2020, 10:10:56 AM »

You are painting every Republican as someone that will then NOT wear a mask into that establishment - and that's horse-hocky.

What we are saying is that Republican politicians have provided zero leadership on the issue until recently, while the leader they embrace has actively worked against preventative measures.

That has resulted in far less mask-wearing that is required to contain the virus, and we are where we are.
Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 4288