Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601262 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42270 on: July 11, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »

Stone, of course, explained that he was hoping for a pardon or some clemency, because "I could have turned on the president, but I didn't."

I'm pretty sure that is about as clear a declaration that there is guilt as one could ask for - and the president's then granting that clemency pretty much underscores it.

A loyal consigliere could not have asked for much better.
This from a guy who wants no bail for felons.

I love it when you make up my positions from vapor.

And even if it were true, it's irrelevant to the point, which you clearly don't want to discuss.

Do YOU think Trump should have given clemency to Stone? And given everything Trump lied about in his statement, why clemency and not a pardon?!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42271 on: July 11, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »

"Everyone in the media was saying that Florida was going to be like New York or Italy, and that has not happened."

Gov. DeSantis of Florida, prior to reopening.

"I think we've stabilized it where we're at."
Same man, yesterday.

So what if since reopening their daily new cases have jumped by more than 1200 percent?! And what's a little thing like running out of ICU beds in dozens of hospitals?

So far, it has not turned into New York, though Florida is catching up. with 10 times the number of new cases yesterday and triple the deaths. Florida has passed Italy in deaths per million, with more than double their rate! Still behind in deaths in good measure because of the time gap between when Italy got hit, early in the sequence and now. Florida had time to learn from them and from NY.

But given the half-measures that DeSantis is willing to use, I could imagine their death percentage catching up to Italy's. There are already 9 states that are worse and a couple more that will pass Italy soon probably.

And don't forget that we know the governor ordered folks to not release numbers at one point, so their figures could just be flat out lies.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42272 on: July 11, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »

By the way, today the United States officially passed having 1% of the population infected with the coronavirus.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42273 on: July 11, 2020, 12:06:15 PM »

A Florida man and his three sons are facing criminal charges for allegedly selling a toxic solution to tens of thousands of people as a cure for Covid-19.

Mark Grenon, 62, and his sons allegedly manufactured, promoted and sold "Miracle Mineral Solution," a chemical solution containing sodium chlorite and water, according to the criminal complaint affidavit.

The men sold the toxic bleach under the guise of Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, an entity they allegedly created in an attempt to avoid government regulation, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida said in a statement.

They've been charged with criminal contempt, conspiracy to defraud the United States and conspiracy to violate the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act for their alleged actions, the US Attorney's Office said.
~CNN

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42274 on: July 11, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »

As I watch the Green Mountain College campus prep to go up for auction, I wonder how many more colleges will be closing, their financial status slammed even harder by the pandemic than GMC's and others were by the last economic downturn and the squeeze for getting enough students.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42275 on: July 11, 2020, 12:24:05 PM »

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/views-trumps-handling-covid-all-time-low

~50% of Republicans are lying to pollsters, indicating they approve of how he has handled the pandemic. That's down from 90%, which shows an increasing amount of realism.

27% say he is opening the economy too slowly.

Those GOP members are out of their fucking gourds.

Echo4

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42277 on: July 11, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »

Stone, of course, explained that he was hoping for a pardon or some clemency, because "I could have turned on the president, but I didn't."

I'm pretty sure that is about as clear a declaration that there is guilt as one could ask for - and the president's then granting that clemency pretty much underscores it.

And even if it were true, it's irrelevant to the point, which you clearly don't want to discuss.

Do YOU think Trump should have given clemency to Stone? And given everything Trump lied about in his statement, why clemency and not a pardon?!
A pardon erases guilt.
Clemency does not.
But I really love your double standard.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42278 on: July 11, 2020, 12:59:54 PM »

A pardon erases guilt.
Clemency does not.

I love how full of shit you are, unable to admit you make stuff up.

And duh, Ward, about clemency vs. pardon.

No answer to the questions. Typical Ward.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 01:35:02 PM by Echo4 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42279 on: July 11, 2020, 01:35:32 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42280 on: July 11, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »

Trump left it to the states to contain the virus without any federal plan/coordination; yet he's willing to use federal power to coerce universities and states to reopen schools (dangerously too soon).

Which of course is the exact wrong approach if you care about people's health and safety.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42281 on: July 11, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »

A pardon erases guilt.
Clemency does not.

I love how full of shit you are, unable to admit you make stuff up
And duh, Ward, about clemency vs. pardon.

No answer to the questions. Typical Ward.
I answered your question.  I charge a fee if I have to explain it.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42282 on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:19 PM »

Trump left it to the states to contain the virus without any federal plan/coordination; yet he's willing to use federal power to coerce universities and states to reopen schools (dangerously too soon).

Which of course is the exact wrong approach if you care about people's health and safety.

Any tinpot dictator can shoot old people in broad daylight.

Trump wants to try mowing down tens of thousands of children as well to see what happens.

We shouldn’t let him get away with it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42283 on: July 11, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »

KTLA 5 News

8 hrs ·

Citing a push to promote “anti-racist cultural values,” the assistant dean of diversity and inclusion, announced the change Friday.

John Wayne exhibit to be removed by USC after student protests over actor’s racist comments

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/john-wayne-exhibit-to-be-removed-by-usc-after-student-protests-over-actors-racist-comments/

-------------------

Removing is not "inclusion" but rather it is "exclusion." The dean of inclusion wants to do some excluding, he wants to exclude John Wayne and he wants to exclude the fans of John Wayne, and he wants to exclude the people in America who had ancestors who were cowboys, and he wants to exclude our history in the Wild West, etc.

USC needs a new dean of inclusion, who will do some including instead of excluding. 

John Wayne was an important part of Hollywood History, and should be included, not excluded.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:08:01 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42284 on: July 11, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »

Curious what the legality of painting BLM on public streets really is? I know that when they painted that thin blue line on streets inmany towns in NJ it was declared illegal by the feds.

It is a political statement. Should it be painted on a public roadway?  And is legal to do so?

I'm not quibbling about the message. Just curious about whether it's legal to deliver it in this manner.

After all, I am guessing that if I took blue and white paint and wrote Support Israel on the street, their would be a legal consequence.

So what is the legal stature of this political message delivery system? Anyone?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 4288