Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584012 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42285 on: July 11, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »

OMG a new reign of terror. Is it like the Nazis burning books by all except the purest of blood? Fake history teaches nothing.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42286 on: July 11, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »

Curious what the legality of painting BLM on public streets really is? I know that when they painted that thin blue line on streets inmany towns in NJ it was declared illegal by the feds.

It is a political statement. Should it be painted on a public roadway?  And is legal to do so?

I'm not quibbling about the message. Just curious about whether it's legal to deliver it in this manner.

After all, I am guessing that if I took blue and white paint and wrote Support Israel on the street, their would be a legal consequence.

So what is the legal stature of this political message delivery system? Anyone?

I support freedom, I support you being able to paint whatever you want on the street. One example is when people have the American flag painted on the sidewalk curb next to their address. I would have no problem with you painting whatever you want on the street. You can have an Israeli flag painted on the sidewalk curb here by your house and no one would mind.

I also support you being able to have whatever statue you want, etc. We had a statue of Saint Francis here at the entrance of my apartment complex, and a statue of Saint Anthony inside the lobby, but they removed them when a heartless new corporation bought the place. I support being able to have whatever statue one wants.

I support freedom of speech, and freedom of expression, and I will always support freedom.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42287 on: July 11, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »

On the issue of jobs for the homeless...

The homeless people can be hired to plant trees, and to do public landscaping, and they can lay cobblestones, etc, there are many jobs that the homeless people can do.

The homeless people can be hired to plant trees. They can also plant fruit trees, such as orange trees, and avocado trees, etc, which will provide food and jobs for people. During the Great Depression people came from all over to California to work in the fields and to plant orange trees, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42288 on: July 11, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »

"Black lives matter"....
obviously not all of them.

youtube: "Paradise Lost...Homeless in Los Angeles"

Garbage, filth, degradation,

'53 square blocks  of suffering, and mental illness, and drugs on a level  that is hard to fathom.'

There's a Black man..."I don't feel like a man anymore. When I got here 9 years ago I felt like a man , but at the bins here for 9 years it took a toll on me, and I don't feel like a man anymore."

Disease.."TB has exploded, now typhoid, cholera, bubonic plague is likely already in LA 
an army of rats millions strong has overthrown Los Angeles. They have infested City Hall, the LA police station in downtown was fined by the State for rodent infestation...cops have been infected with typhoid fever, hepatitis A, and staph"  says the Dr who has a radio program.

There's another Black man, saying that "we're nearly at the end of our existence on earth".
More Black people, lots of them, lots and lots of them, living in the filth.

"Black lives matter"?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:41:12 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42289 on: July 11, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »

It is pretty bad Bambu, when you ride the train you see homeless people all along the railroad tracks. It is a crisis. It was bad before the Corona Virus crisis, and it is even worse now, these are the worst times I have ever seen, it is scary.

Watch some movies about the Great Depression, including "The Grapes Of Wrath" starring Henry Fonda, my Grandparents came to California during the Great Depression with their families like the people in the movie. They lived in homeless camps and they picked fruit, even all of the children picked fruit, everyone worked. My Grandmother's family came from Colorado, and my Grandfather's family came from Arkansas. And they were grateful to have fruit to pick. Even Roy Rogers lived in a homeless camp and picked fruit when he first came to California, he came out from Ohio, and my Grandmother became friends with him, and my Brother married Roy Rogers' Granddaughter, Kristen. Anyhow, they all worked in the fields planting trees and picking fruit, etc.

My Grandmother went to work at the first McDonald's in San Bernardino when she was old enough, and she loved working there, they used to have car hops to bring your food out to your car, and that was what she did, she brought your food out to your car for you.

People in California became very creative during the Great Depression, and they all helped to create jobs to help each other. 

We can learn the lessons from the Great Depression, and from FDR, and Eleanor Roosevelt, etc. 

And Trump is smart to fight for better trade deals, China was killing us, California lost over 500,000 jobs to China alone. We need to create jobs again. China needs to buy from us, etc.

And meanwhile, we can hire the homeless people to plant trees, and to work in fields, like during the Great Depression. They can live in camps, and they can pick fruit, etc.

The whole state of California is covered with people growing food, and making wine, and cheese, etc. They can have food and shelter and they can be treated like human beings while they work in the fields. 

And we have unions for the farm workers, they will be treated like human beings...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Farm_Workers

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42290 on: July 11, 2020, 06:06:43 PM »

An iconic Sydney pub has been fined for not imposing social distancing on patrons who crammed into a queue outside its doors on Wednesday night.

up to 250 people waiting outside the pub without any obvious social distancing.
None of the people in the queue appeared to be anywhere near 1.5m apart.

That's interesting because the people were assumedly out in public on the sidewalk.  Which the bar cannot really control.  They could say they won't let people in to their bar without maintaining a spaced out line.  But they can't really police the sidewalk.

The bar should appeal and since this was based off a photo, say that they repeatedly told people to be careful and space out, but they can't enforce that.  Hell, say they told people they wouldn't get in without spacing and later (after the photo) folks mainly did.

Of course if the line was a mob, you can imagine what it was like inside the bar itself, since the would-be patrons obviously showed little concern for precautions.

If you Google "Golden Sheaf hotel Double Bay Sydney"  the photo should be there.
But the internet is censored in China, so who knows.

Anyway, under the new Covid rules the pub was guilty...not allowed to have that many people lining up on the street without social distancing...they were a solid mass, from pub wall to road and back 50 metres.
Pub apologised, said it will only have 20 next Wed night, as per the rules.

The new rules are that each patron must have 4 square metres of space around them inside pubs and clubs.
Clubs are doing well...have "social distancing ambassadors".
Don't obey the rules, the pub or club is fined...more, top cop might get sick of it and close it down for a while.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42291 on: July 11, 2020, 06:15:46 PM »

"Black lives matter"....

youtube: "Paradise Lost...Homeless in Los Angeles"

'53 square blocks  of suffering, and mental illness, and drugs on a level  that is hard to fathom.'

There's a Black man..."I don't feel like a man anymore. When I got here 9 years ago I felt like a man , but at the bins here for 9 years it took a toll on me, and I don't feel like a man anymore."

Disease.."TB has exploded, now typhoid, cholera, bubonic plague is likely already in LA 
an army of rats millions strong has overthrown Los Angeles. They have infested City Hall, the LA police station in downtown was fined by the State for rodent infestation...cops have been infected with typhoid fever, hepatitis A, and staph"  says the Dr who has a radio program.

There's another Black man, saying that "we're nearly at the end of our existence on earth".
More Black people, lots of them, lots and lots of them, living in the filth.

"Black lives matter"?
You almost accidentally stepped on the point yet somehow missed it.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42292 on: July 11, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

Fauci has not been allowed to brief the president in two months. They haven't even talked at all since June 2nd. And he is not being allowed on television.

a -  that is not 2 months

b -  not so sure it is true

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42293 on: July 11, 2020, 06:32:51 PM »

Bravo to Mayor Bottoms for sending ATL back to the Dark Ag....  err....to Phase 1

barton

« Reply #42294 on: July 11, 2020, 06:38:31 PM »

The McCloskeys have repeatedly filed lawsuits or threatened to do so in order to defend their property rights, according to an investigation published by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Saturday.

In 2013, Mark McCloskey destroyed bee hives just outside his mansion’s wall that were placed there by a neighboring synagogue in order to provide honey for Rosh Hashanah celebrations, the newspaper reported. McCloskey left a note saying he would sue the congregation if they did not remove all trace of the hives, it said.   

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-race-usa-st-louis/police-search-st-louis-mansion-of-couple-who-pointed-guns-at-protesters-idUSKCN24C0L3

Classy folks.   

barton

« Reply #42295 on: July 11, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »

The whole state of California is covered with people growing food,

This evokes a mental image I will treasure always.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42296 on: July 11, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »

KTLA 5 News

8 hrs ·

Citing a push to promote “anti-racist cultural values,” the assistant dean of diversity and inclusion, announced the change Friday.

John Wayne exhibit to be removed by USC after student protests over actor’s racist comments

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/john-wayne-exhibit-to-be-removed-by-usc-after-student-protests-over-actors-racist-comments/

-------------------

Removing is not "inclusion" but rather it is "exclusion." The dean of inclusion wants to do some excluding, he wants to exclude John Wayne and he wants to exclude the fans of John Wayne, and he wants to exclude the people in America who had ancestors who were cowboys, and he wants to exclude our history in the Wild West, etc.

USC needs a new dean of inclusion, who will do some including instead of excluding. 

John Wayne was an important part of Hollywood History, and should be included, not excluded.

Salute,

Tony V.

No comment

It's just not an important issue.

barton

« Reply #42297 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »

"Black lives matter"....

'53 square blocks  of suffering, and mental illness, and drugs on a level  that is hard to fathom.' (...)
You almost accidentally stepped on the point yet somehow missed it.

He was sooo close.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42298 on: July 11, 2020, 06:45:05 PM »

Stone, of course, explained that he was hoping for a pardon or some clemency, because "I could have turned on the president, but I didn't."

I'm pretty sure that is about as clear a declaration that there is guilt as one could ask for - and the president's then granting that clemency pretty much underscores it.

A loyal consigliere could not have asked for much better.
This from a guy who wants no bail for felons.

I love it when you make up my positions from vapor.

And even if it were true, it's irrelevant to the point, which you clearly don't want to discuss.

Do YOU think Trump should have given clemency to Stone? And given everything Trump lied about in his statement, why clemency and not a pardon?!
A pardon erases guilt.
Clemency does not.
But I really love your double standard.

I love how full of shit you are, unable to admit you make stuff up
And duh, Ward, about clemency vs. pardon.

No answer to the questions. Typical Ward.
I answered your question.  I charge a fee if I have to explain it.

I asked TWO questions. You ducked one and you underscored why I asked the second one, rather than answering it.

1) Do YOU think Trump should have given clemency to Stone?

2) Given that Trump asserted in his statement all the reasons that Stone is innocent, why did he choose clemency rather than choosing pardon as his route to freeing his ally?!

Explaining the difference when I already knew it and even had I not still fails to explain why the one was chosen over the other.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42299 on: July 11, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »

KTLA 5 News
Removing is not "inclusion" but rather it is "exclusion." The dean of inclusion wants to do some excluding, he wants to exclude John Wayne and he wants to exclude the fans of John Wayne, and he wants to exclude the people in America who had ancestors who were cowboys, and he wants to exclude our history in the Wild West, etc.

John Wayne was not a cowboy. He was a beloved actor whom people have discovered was a bigot.

Removing Wayne's exhibit has nothing to do with excluding the Wild, Wild West or cowboys.

It does have to do with not celebrating the life of an actor who was a white supremacist. They could put up Roy Rogers or Gabby Hayes or some such, if you would like stars of Western-style movies to be celebrated. Clint Eastwood, maybe, or Clayton Moore.
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 4288