Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606070 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42435 on: July 12, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/fairfax-county-schools-superintendent-interview/index.html

So...Fairfax -

If kids are wearing a mask all day at school, they also need to socially distance (6-ft) the entire day?

Where does CDC say this?

If I had school aged kids I be damned if they would use them as canaries in a coal mine.

Best to answer or not comment at all.

I am betting the school aged children in your family will be attending.

You want to put money on that? My only school aged grandchild lives in Elgin, SC and the canary in the coal mine quote is from my son in law.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42437 on: July 12, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/fairfax-county-schools-superintendent-interview/index.html

So...Fairfax -

If kids are wearing a mask all day at school, they also need to socially distance (6-ft) the entire day?

Where does CDC say this?

If I had school aged kids I be damned if they would use them as canaries in a coal mine.

Best to answer or not comment at all.

I am betting the school aged children in your family will be attending.

You want to put money on that? My only school aged grandchild lives in Elgin, SC and the canary in the coal mine quote is from my son in law.

Well...

happy learning.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42438 on: July 12, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »

And again - try answering the question.

If CDC recommendation is for use of a mask when social distancing is impossible, why when using a mask in school do the kids need to stay 6 feet apart?

Thanks, anyone bold enough to answer for unable Larry.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:19:09 PM by kiidcarter8 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42439 on: July 12, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »

Last 24 hrs in America has seen the highest number of new daily cases of Covid-19 infection so far.

Also, it was the same thing globally.

WHO says that 99% of cases of the virus will be mild.
Media keeps repeating this, and the average death age as (in Australia) as 80.
So millennials keep on partying, if allowed to.
Highest group contracting the virus (in Australia) is aged 20-29. Young women more than young men.
Or was, before the curve was flattened.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:32:33 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42440 on: July 12, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »

The Goya Salsa Verde is great, I always get it when I make tacos and burritos, it is also good on enchiladas, and it is also great on scrambled eggs and omelettes. I respect the Goya company for helping the needy during this difficult time, and I will continue to buy their products.

I also respect the Northgate Market here in Anaheim for staying open during the crisis and for making sure that we have access to healthy foods, and they have even managed to remain stocked on toilet paper for the most part, and also thanks to the Fiora toilet paper company of Anaheim, Solaris Paper, Inc. Northgate gets a lot of their inventory from Mexico, so it is important that we keep the goods flowing in from our Southern border. And Northgate has done a wonderful job supplying us with fresh baked bread, and fresh made tortillas, etc. Northgate is a great market.

Also, CVS pharmacy has done a wonderful job making sure that everyone has access to pharmaceuticals, and they sell boxes of California wine which makes everyone happy.

Another company which has impressed me is Quest Diagnostics, which has done a great job of providing testing for people. I have used Quest for years, and I saw how they rose to the top during the Corona crisis to do testing.

Also of note is UCI here in the OC which has been a leader in research, the cure for the Corona Virus might come from UCI.

Salute,

Tony V.
My own view about all this is that if I can watch Chinatown and enjoy the Pisan Cantos or Right Ho, Jeeves, I can bloody well eat a can of pinto beans from a Trump supporter. But I do not legislate my views on everyone.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42441 on: July 12, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »

But again Trump is ripping up his health advisors guidelines as too expensive and difficult.  Well, what will be too expensive is cheaping out and proceeding laxly and having huge new outbreaks, starting with kids and plowing through their families and teachers.  Reopening state economies without following proper guidelines didn't work out so well.  The death march continues.

No data that says children spread this disease
Because as we all know children do not cough, sneeze or exhale.

I went decades without getting sick, and then my kid went to kindergarden, and she shared everything with me. She was like a virus pass-through.
I think anyone who has ever managed a staff with parents of young kids in it would find the idea that somehow COVID would not transmit through young children positively insane.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42442 on: July 12, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »

Sadly - teacher went back to work while compromised (asdthma, diabetes)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/us/arizona-teachers-coronavirus/index.html

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42443 on: July 12, 2020, 06:29:36 PM »

If CDC recommendation is for use of a mask when social distancing is impossible, why when using a mask in school do the kids need to stay 6 feet apart?

I answered the question in the spirit of ‘rugged individualism’ which means in the midst of a pandemic I’m not gonna sacrifice my family on the altar of Trump who has done nothing to help this nation.

As far as CDC recommendations Trump has already said they’re too tough.

He doesn’t give a shit about the people and neither do you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42444 on: July 12, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »

You fucking idiot.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42445 on: July 12, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »

Writers of these articles should also be specifying there is no proof these teachers caught the virus at the school.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42446 on: July 12, 2020, 06:34:37 PM »

Then why are Trump insisting on reopening businesses and schools and.making people like her choose between their healthy and safety and their economic health and safety?

Granted, most teachers I know have the added motivation of the impulses that made them teachers in the first place, but it is a choice being imposed on people, usually poorer, all over the country.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42447 on: July 12, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »

As far as CDC recommendations Trump has already said they’re too tough.

This isnt about what Trump said - its about what the Fairfax, Va educator stated in response to DeVos

I understand you may not have time to read the links.  Let someone else help you out

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42448 on: July 12, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »

For the same reason your car has seatbelts AND air bags.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42449 on: July 12, 2020, 06:40:37 PM »

Saying that without a direct quote is weak sauce.

Saying that is stupid, Kid.

There is no secret that Trump declared the CDC guidelines for the schools as too tough and too expensive. Those were posted a couple days ago. There is no news that he disagrees with Fauci about how to proceed. That has been all over the news. What are you objecting to? "Ripped?"
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 4288