Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2831 2832 [2833] 2834 2835 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600627 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42480 on: July 12, 2020, 09:49:38 PM »

AOC contends the skyrocketing crime rate in NYC is due to high unemployment and the “ need to find bread” for families.
This from a woman who told Jeff Bezos and Amazon to leave town and forget bringing  tens of thousands of jobs to HER Congressional District.

She’s right, you know.
Yes, of course. People who need bread decide to go out and kill minority  people.
Especially if they are taking 6 year old children for a walk.

Ask UNO
UNO does not appear on my screen.
I see you have no answer.

You didn't ask a question, Ward.
Oh but I did.
Now you avoid it, too.

AOC contends the skyrocketing crime rate in NYC is due to high unemployment and the “ need to find bread” for families.
This from a woman who told Jeff Bezos and Amazon to leave town and forget bringing  tens of thousands of jobs to HER Congressional District.
Yes, of course. People who need bread decide to go out and kill minority  people.

Nope, nary a question in sight, Ward. Might want to pump up the screen image or check your glasses prescription.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42481 on: July 12, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »

She’s right, you know.

Ask UNO

Oh but I did.
Now you avoid it, too.

Nope, nary a question in sight, Ward. Might want to pump up the screen image or check your glasses prescription.
LOL!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42482 on: July 12, 2020, 09:53:15 PM »

She’s right, you know.

Ask UNO

Oh but I did.
Now you avoid it, too.

in fairness, Red does have the reading skills of a Trump, so he may not understand what a question is.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #42483 on: July 12, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

Red doesn't get the Utley package on Elba? He must have cut costs due to covid-19.

I think he dropped me a few years ago.

He's not missing much.

heh

As to AOC she wanted the projected jobs (not promised) what she and many others didn't want was forking over $3B in tax bennies to Amazon. one of the wealthiest corporations in the country. Amazon ended up expanding in NYC any way.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42484 on: July 12, 2020, 09:55:19 PM »

33 consecutive days of increasing 7 day moving average of new cases.

38 days of increasing cases.

A week of increasing critical cases, as well, after it had dropped 1000-1500 of them.

One week of consecutive days of increasing 7 day moving average of new deaths.

Anybody expecting those streaks to end this coming week?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42485 on: July 12, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »

She’s right, you know.

Ask UNO

Oh but I did.
Now you avoid it, too.

LOL!

Ward-speak for "I have no evidence to dispute that, but will not admit I am wrong and did not ask a question."

Further evidence for why you have zero credibility, Ward.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42486 on: July 12, 2020, 09:59:48 PM »

Trump wore a mask today!

Well, part of the day he wore it. Part of the day he tried to fake it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42487 on: July 12, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »

Quote from: Uno
   I asked a question and used your answer and Larry's to extend the conversation. Don't blame me for asking, and by doing so exposing some inconsistent thinking on your part.. 

Not sure if you saw Kam's post on "concern trolling."  This seems close to that.   I feel your didactic approach is not entirely candid here.

Are you suggesting that there is inconsistent thinking on his part?!

GASP!

Quick kill the messenger. You are using Trump's strategy as your own. No one can question you.

Pretty petty, Josh.

No, but you can make that accusation as much as it pleases you to. You do create a fine set of straw men. Always could.

I think, sadly, in your case, what we've shown here today is what was at the heart of the Harper's letter:  "While we have come to expect this on the radical right, censoriousness is also spreading more widely in our culture: an intolerance of opposing views, a vogue for public shaming and ostracism, and the tendency to dissolve complex policy issues in a blinding moral certainty."

You have yet to address the issues I've raised. How is the BLM state approved political message different than the state approved Ten Commandments statue  or something similar?

No, you'd rather try to declare some fault in the person asking you questions.

No difference between your strategy and Trump's.

So to you I'm "fake news" because I ask you to consider your POV is flawed.

Sad.

You didn't raise the Ten Commandments. You raised the Confederacy.

One is religion. The other is politics. The Mississippi flag was legal. A Ten Commandments statue is not, except for Oklahoma, where the statur of Satan is a tourist attraction, if still up.

You're "fake news" (your label, not mine) not because you ask me to check my POV, but because you do it under bogus premises.

You keep claiming I have an inconsistency, but not pointing it out. That is a fault in you. You create a dichotomous question, then reject the answer, claim I haven't answered it, and pose a different question. That is a fault in you.

You suggested I was taking things personally, then have complained that I was claiming fault in you. I'm happy to check my POV. You might consider the same. Or you might not.

You have my permission to paint whatever you would like for political speech on the street by my place. I won't sue unless you lie about me. And don't take down my beehives that are not on your property.

Well, that's a lot of words, but like Larry you ain't answered the question if why POLITICAL MESSAGES CAN BE PAINTED ON THE PUBLIC STREET LEGALLY?

You  have tried to change the subject, or go after me for asking it, but you have yet to answer it.

Don't be like the opposition and refuse to answer the question or deflect and pretend you have answered it.

Answer it.

Or be honest and say you don't know the answer.

As I’ve said repeatedly if the municipality approves and in some cases commissions an Art project with a political message than it goes up.

If YOU don’t like that because it offends your sensibilities you can sue for redress.

Dig?

As I told you in the beginning of this bullshit the difference between art and vandalism is permission.

You want a Confederate flag in the crosswalk? Petition the local ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.

Good luck with that in 2020.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42488 on: July 12, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »

She’s right, you know.

Ask UNO

I have plenty of answers and you won’t agree with any of them so... 
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42489 on: July 12, 2020, 10:10:33 PM »

Red doesn't get the Utley package on Elba? He must have cut costs due to covid-19.

I think he dropped me a few years ago.

He's not missing much.

heh

As to AOC she wanted the projected jobs (not promised) what she and many others didn't want was forking over $3B in tax bennies to Amazon. one of the wealthiest corporations in the country. Amazon ended up expanding in NYC any way.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42491 on: July 12, 2020, 10:14:23 PM »

Joe Biden may never need to spend a dime on negative Trump ads.

A new ad by MeidasTouch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9HWQlbw9Y&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0xJyRGCii8ZTBcjwaefJtUnv56ec3YlHhCA5YfDr2fSITA_qBevVLFwVE

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #42492 on: July 12, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »

Trump wore a mask today!

Well, part of the day he wore it. Part of the day he tried to fake it.

Sounds like an alternative opening line to "A Day in a Mask"

I read the news today, oh boy
About an inept clown who wore a mask
And though it didn't really fit
He doesn't give a shit

I want to puuuuuuunch you Don
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:21:19 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42493 on: July 12, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »

Uno:  "You have yet to address the issues I've raised. How is the BLM state approved political message different than the state approved Ten Commandments statue  or something similar?"

BLM asserts something enshrined in the Constitution.   It's a political message the same way "we hold these truths to be self-evident... " is one.   The 10 Cs are a religious message and specific to one religion (though many of them are pretty good ethical guidelines and  you could do a lot worse), so they conflict with the Establishment clause,  as YG noted.   

The issue here is state sanctioned political messaging on public roads. It's not whether the message is one that should or shouldn't be valued. The question that has yet to be answered for me is why the government can endorse political messaging on public property?

Are you now arguing that BLM is not a political message?

What is your ultimate point?

Black Lives Don’t Matter If Confederate flags aren’t treated with the same respect?  NO.

Arguing in favor of Confederate anything is like demanding Nazi Swastikas be flown in front of public buildings in Germany.

This ain’t a moment this is a movement

YES. It's a movement. So it's a POLITICAL MESSAGE ON A PUBLIC ROAD.

So answer the question. WHY is that legal?
THINK this time before you answer.

Oh, look. UNO still doesn't like the answer.

So, UNO, since we've given you our answer and you don't like it, why not tell us your answer for why it is not legal.

Wow. You really are like what you say you're against.

No, josh, you never answered the question. You tried to reframe the question, but you didn't answer it.

Play games with others, if you wish, but I'll just put you down as Evasive, Cowardly, and Hypocritical, and Obstinate.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:29:11 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42494 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:41 PM »

Quote from: Uno
   I asked a question and used your answer and Larry's to extend the conversation. Don't blame me for asking, and by doing so exposing some inconsistent thinking on your part.. 

Not sure if you saw Kam's post on "concern trolling."  This seems close to that.   I feel your didactic approach is not entirely candid here.

Are you suggesting that there is inconsistent thinking on his part?!

GASP!

Quick kill the messenger. You are using Trump's strategy as your own. No one can question you.

Pretty petty, Josh.

No, but you can make that accusation as much as it pleases you to. You do create a fine set of straw men. Always could.

I think, sadly, in your case, what we've shown here today is what was at the heart of the Harper's letter:  "While we have come to expect this on the radical right, censoriousness is also spreading more widely in our culture: an intolerance of opposing views, a vogue for public shaming and ostracism, and the tendency to dissolve complex policy issues in a blinding moral certainty."

You have yet to address the issues I've raised. How is the BLM state approved political message different than the state approved Ten Commandments statue  or something similar?

No, you'd rather try to declare some fault in the person asking you questions.

No difference between your strategy and Trump's.

So to you I'm "fake news" because I ask you to consider your POV is flawed.

Sad.

You didn't raise the Ten Commandments. You raised the Confederacy.

One is religion. The other is politics. The Mississippi flag was legal. A Ten Commandments statue is not, except for Oklahoma, where the statur of Satan is a tourist attraction, if still up.

You're "fake news" (your label, not mine) not because you ask me to check my POV, but because you do it under bogus premises.

You keep claiming I have an inconsistency, but not pointing it out. That is a fault in you. You create a dichotomous question, then reject the answer, claim I haven't answered it, and pose a different question. That is a fault in you.

You suggested I was taking things personally, then have complained that I was claiming fault in you. I'm happy to check my POV. You might consider the same. Or you might not.

You have my permission to paint whatever you would like for political speech on the street by my place. I won't sue unless you lie about me. And don't take down my beehives that are not on your property.

Well, that's a lot of words, but like Larry you ain't answered the question if why POLITICAL MESSAGES CAN BE PAINTED ON THE PUBLIC STREET LEGALLY?

You  have tried to change the subject, or go after me for asking it, but you have yet to answer it.

Don't be like the opposition and refuse to answer the question or deflect and pretend you have answered it.

Answer it.

Or be honest and say you don't know the answer.

As I’ve said repeatedly if the municipality approves and in some cases commissions an Art project with a political message than it goes up.

If YOU don’t like that because it offends your sensibilities you can sue for redress.

Dig?

As I told you in the beginning of this bullshit the difference between art and vandalism is permission.

You want a Confederate flag in the crosswalk? Petition the local ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.

Good luck with that in 2020.

When did I say I wanted a Confederate flag in the crosswalk?
No, but that's what some of you folks like to do in here, infer what was never implied.

And the question remains unanswered. Well, let me rephrase, you've given an answer, but you have not explained satisfactorily. WHY DO The ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES get to promote a political message on the public streets?
 What are the guidelines that permit a political message to be displayed on a public road? What makes it legal?

I understand that it happens, but you haven't said why it is allowed to happen. Nor has anyone else, here.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:33:18 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 2831 2832 [2833] 2834 2835 ... 4288