Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584191 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42555 on: July 13, 2020, 01:28:21 PM »

One year old boy shot in the stomach in New York City

I think it was because the shooter was hungry.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42556 on: July 13, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »

It seems that Kid believes that contracting Covid19 is a mere accident.  A happenstance, if you will.

Maybe people who get it, haven't prayed enough.  I don't know.

Line keeps changing

Now distancing is not enough - though it is notn in the rules sent out by the governors.

Facemasks?  Why not these:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/cnn-underscored/best-face-shields/index.html?iid=CNNUnderscoredHP2.0

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42557 on: July 13, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

I posted about the 1st Amendment, UNO,

You missed it.

But... you claim I am pedantic and petulant, while you spent days on your mission to make us say what you wanted us to say how you wanted us to say it.

Pot, meet kettle.

p.s. I know I'm pedantic. Do you recognize it in yourself?

Same Utley, different name.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42558 on: July 13, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »

This whole debate should be run through our forums Constitutional scholar who will hopefully discuss in detail the Government Speech Doctrine.

I hope this isn't embarrassing,  but I'm a bit in awe of how you will counter a string of long-winded posts with one sentence that goes right to the heart of the matter while neatly puncturing a giant balloon of verbiage.   

I looked up the GSD.  Thanks,  very illuminating.  Uno has his answer,  if he cares to look it up.   And,  as Bo pointed out,  if the government speech isn't suggesting something illegal, or violating the establishment clause,  then what is not expressly forbidden is allowed.

FINALLY!!!AN answer. And one without snark attached.

Thank you.

Can't wait to see which state creates the first BLM license plate.

And there it is.
There what is?

Same Utley different name.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42559 on: July 13, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »

One year old boy shot in the stomach in New York City

I think it was because the shooter was hungry.

It was because vultures write the gun laws and crackers support the free flow of firearms as a key defense of their white privilege.

The hunger of the shooter may have also come into play, but at root the responsible parties are those who have perverted justice in such a way they have essentially place the gun in his hand and fired him off at the general public.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42561 on: July 13, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »

This whole debate should be run through our forums Constitutional scholar who will hopefully discuss in detail the Government Speech Doctrine.

I hope this isn't embarrassing,  but I'm a bit in awe of how you will counter a string of long-winded posts with one sentence that goes right to the heart of the matter while neatly puncturing a giant balloon of verbiage.   

I looked up the GSD.  Thanks,  very illuminating.  Uno has his answer,  if he cares to look it up.   And,  as Bo pointed out,  if the government speech isn't suggesting something illegal, or violating the establishment clause,  then what is not expressly forbidden is allowed.

Thank you.

And there it is.
There what is?
Your sardine, sealion.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42562 on: July 13, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »

It seems that Kid believes that contracting Covid19 is a mere accident.  A happenstance, if you will.

Line keeps changing

Now distancing is not enough - though it is notn in the rules sent out by the governors.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/cnn-underscored/best-face-shields/index.html?iid=CNNUnderscoredHP2.0
. You get Covid from being exposed to people with Covid. Do you really think those people followed "the line" with your laser-like focus or are they just knuckleheads who felt cheated out of some parties?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42563 on: July 13, 2020, 02:24:21 PM »

Line keeps changing

Once again, seat belts and air bags and impact absorbing frames. You are not required to rely on just one safety measure. My wife's hospital requires masks and shields when in the room with patients along with social distancing when feasible.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42564 on: July 13, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »

CNN idiot headline of the day:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/health/michigan-coronavirus-torch-lake-sandbar/index.html
I take it that by "idiot headline" you mean a headline about idiots.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42565 on: July 13, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »

Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42566 on: July 13, 2020, 02:43:09 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42567 on: July 13, 2020, 02:43:52 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/health/michigan-coronavirus-torch-lake-sandbar/index.html

People who stayed home are the smart ones.

sure - yes

unless they were dying at home

Still - if they were - there were better options
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:45:32 PM by kiidcarter8 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42568 on: July 13, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »

Thank you.

And there it is.
There what is?
Your sardine, sealion.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42569 on: July 13, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »

I take it that by "idiot headline" you mean a headline about idiots.

no
Well then a CNN headline reposted by an idiot. But then we live in a world where the President kiid finds infallible thinks the former host of Love Connection is an epidemiology expert.
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 4288