Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583681 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42660 on: July 13, 2020, 09:35:37 PM »

Stupid CNN headline #43

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/can-trump-fire-fauci/index.html

Oh, what makes that one stupid?

Trump v Fauci is misreported and overblown

In what way is it overblown, given that Fauci has not given Trump a briefing in more than two months and is being prevented from going on television?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42661 on: July 13, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjh4WuV94VQ

A doctor who has had two reinfections of COVID patients.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42662 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:32 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/us-military-covid-spike/index.html

US Military COVID-19 cases have gone up 60% since the end of June.

I'll throw it over to Trump.

"More testing"

Local media reported that the Okinawan assembly adopted a resolution on Friday protesting the US military's lack of transparency about its outbreak on base, and that local officials were considering demanding shutdowns of Futenma and Camp Hansen.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/11/covid-19-outbreak-at-us-military-bases-in-okinawa-fuels-local-tensions
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42663 on: July 13, 2020, 09:42:15 PM »

And no, Blue Lives do NOT matter more.

More than ?

Ask the folks in the image who are holding a sign saying "Blue Lives Matter More," Ward, if you cannot understand their implication.
I asked you.

I noticed, Ward. I'm clever like that.

Blue Lives do not matter more than the people those folks were claiming they did.

Since you have decided to be aggressively obtuse.

Blue lives dont natter at all

Dead Latino cop's daughter pens a beautiful tribute to her dad on Twitter

She uses the hashtag BLUELIVESMATTER and then is abused so horrifically that she has to remove the nicely written prose altogether

Sad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 08:33:45 AM by kiidcarter8 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42664 on: July 13, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »

More than ?

Ask the folks in the image who are holding a sign saying "Blue Lives Matter More," Ward, if you cannot understand their implication.
I asked you.

Blue Lives do not matter more than the people those folks were claiming they did.

She uses the hashtag BLUELIVESMATTER and then is abused so horrificly that she has to remove the nicely written prose altogether

Sad.
Plenty of them natter. Just listen to them talking after they've roughed up an unarmed person, Kid.

And there is a huge difference between the people mattering and folks using a phrase INVENTED TO MINIMIZE BLM getting hammered for doing so.

SAD is a gross understatement for that mindset.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42665 on: July 13, 2020, 09:48:56 PM »

More than ?

I asked you.

That made no sense. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42666 on: July 13, 2020, 09:50:28 PM »

More than ?

I asked you.

She uses the hashtag BLUELIVESMATTER and then is abused so horrificly that she has to remove the nicely written prose altogether

Sad.

From December 2018

The people in these communities declare Black Lives Matter and by that declaration insist “Our lives are important, too.” Blue Lives Matter explicitly says to those folks, “No Your Lives Don’t Matter,” and sad to say, that is the American Way.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/why-your-blue-lives-matter-flag-is-a-racist-symbol/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42667 on: July 13, 2020, 09:56:32 PM »

More than ?

I asked you.

That made no sense.

Oh, dear. The English language has abandoned you?! How twagic.

Go back to my first advice, then, or use one of your lifelines.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42668 on: July 13, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »

The Black Lives Matter mural on 5th Ave is a big FUCK YOU! to Donald Yrump and it is well deserved.

https://www.revolt.tv/2020/7/10/21319889/exonerated-central-park-five-trump-tower-mural

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42669 on: July 13, 2020, 09:57:26 PM »

More than ?

I asked you.

Sad.

From December 2018

The people in these communities declare Black Lives Matter and by that declaration insist “Our lives are important, too.” Blue Lives Matter explicitly says to those folks, “No Your Lives Don’t Matter,” and sad to say, that is the American Way.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/why-your-blue-lives-matter-flag-is-a-racist-symbol/

Too much truth for either Kid or Ward to accept.

barton

« Reply #42670 on: July 13, 2020, 10:30:32 PM »

Nolite te leones de mare carborundorum.  

I'm ending my participation here,  in terms of posting columns, citations,  analytics,  memes,  polls,  extended logical arguments,  etc.   Boz, Larry and Yank have helped me see the light, on the whole brevity thing.    Like the panda in that old joke,  I will join the species that "eats,  shoots,  and leaves. "   Cheers.

I have appreciated your posted columns, analytics, memes, polls, and extended logical arguments and shared them elsewhere with others who have appreciated them in turn.

I can understand if this does not always feel (almost never, for you, perhaps) like a rewarding environment.

And I am sorry to whatever extent I have added to its not feeling like one.

Thanks for the kind words, brother.   But you have no cause to be sorry.   I just don't see a point in wasting a lot of time with the Three Stooges of Elba.   It's still rewarding to read your material,  and others here,  and if I can drop in a good word or two,  will do so.   And if I catch the three stooges all trying to pass-through a doorway at the same time...frosting!   

barton

« Reply #42671 on: July 13, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »

I'm ending my participation here,  in terms of posting columns, citations,  analytics,  memes,  polls,  extended logical arguments,  etc.   Boz, Larry and Yank have helped me see the light, on the whole brevity thing.    Like the panda in that old joke,  I will join the species that "eats,  shoots,  and leaves. "   Cheers.
Awww.

What sits on a toilet and jerks off to Anne Coulter videos all day?  I'll have the punchline by tomorrow.   

bambu.

• View Profile
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #42673 on: July 13, 2020, 10:46:04 PM »

I have appreciated your posted columns, analytics, memes, polls, and extended logical arguments and shared them elsewhere with others who have appreciated them in turn.

I can understand if this does not always feel (almost never, for you, perhaps) like a rewarding environment.

And I am sorry to whatever extent I have added to its not feeling like one.

And it will kill off a main supply of smart ideas I can pass off as my own in a variety of social settings. You don’t know how useful those in depth posts have been to me over the years.

Truly I did not.   Thank you.   Full disclosure -- not all the smart ideas are mine.  Very few,  really.   All web rats are shameless borrowers and scavengers.   I just spit on old stuff so it looks shiny.   I also... no,  you don't want to know...like you don't want to know what's in convenience store hot dogs.   

barton

« Reply #42674 on: July 13, 2020, 10:51:53 PM »

Welcome to the Dark Side!

"Heaven for the climate,  Hell for the company."   
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 4288