Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585079 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42675 on: July 13, 2020, 11:12:43 PM »

The $2 trillion in spending across four years is in place of the more modest $1.7 trillion over 10 years plan that Biden proposed last year while fighting for the nomination. Most of that investments in the new proposal would be one-time costs with the goal of spending the money to the maximum extent possible during those four years.

The proposals are another key element of Biden’s broader plan to pull the U.S. out of the recession touched off by the coronavirus pandemic as he builds his argument into the November election against President Donald Trump. With the energy plan, Biden will seek to both revive the economy and address deeper systemic problems that existed before the virus hit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-14/biden-to-call-for-2-trillion-in-clean-energy-spending

Meanwhile fracking companies going bankrupt left and right.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42676 on: July 13, 2020, 11:16:29 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42677 on: July 13, 2020, 11:16:41 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42678 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »

This is at the top of the front CNN page, Kid:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/delayed-use-defense-production-act-ppe-shortages/index.html

Again, just admit that it is a problem, instead of trying to make excuses.

As for "just use what you have," this is what the White House had to say to that:
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/white-house-urges-health-care-workers-to-reuse-ppe-amid-growing-shortages-as-covid-19-pandemic-worsens

It's not just me. It's not just CNN. It's not just the doctors refusing to use up their supplies or complaining because of the cost.
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/protective-gear-for-medical-workers-begins-to-run-low-again

http://fox56.com/news/local/health-care-workers-call-for-better-access-to-ppe-amid-coronavirus-surge

It's the federal government's refusal to coordinate or to use the Defense Production Act.

And it's the refusal of his loyal followers to act instead of nodding and smiling as he lies and lies.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42679 on: July 14, 2020, 12:14:03 AM »

Normally, the SCOTUS does not issue its orders until 25 days after a decision is handed down. (I didn't know that!)

The Dems have asked them to speed it up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/democrats-supreme-court-trump-financial-documents-mazars/index.html

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42680 on: July 14, 2020, 01:44:53 AM »

You'd because to butt out.

Why?

Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred

If you want to test my guns with your ponies, go right ahead.

That was a long time ago, champ, but for you I will oil up the old vickers and see if it will still rat-tat-tat.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42681 on: July 14, 2020, 02:30:49 AM »

Trumps boy toy guvs not doing well

'People are dying, and you are doing nothing!' Florida governor Ron DeSantis is heckled as coronavirus cases soar and experts say Florida is the 'new' Wuhan
Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, was heckled Monday at a Miami press briefing
Activist Thomas Kennedy yelled: 'People are dying, and you are doing nothing!'
Florida on Monday confirmed 12,624 positive tests and 35 deaths in 24 hours
The state had more confirmed new cases on Monday than all Europe combined
Miami-Dade mayor Carlos Gimenez said 400 people in ICU, 200 on ventilators
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42682 on: July 14, 2020, 02:31:28 AM »

The twits just don't get it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/us/nba-players-break-campus-bubble-trnd/index.html

If the players cannot get it through their heads that this is serious shit, sports is not going to happen.

They "accidentally" left the NBA bubble where they are living, eating, and playing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:26:48 AM by Echo4 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42683 on: July 14, 2020, 03:26:08 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42684 on: July 14, 2020, 04:51:17 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/can-trump-fire-fauci/index.html

Trump v Fauci is misreported and overblown

Well the Trump Admin just put out a list of when Fauci was wrong, which reminded many folks of opposition research.  Trump has flat out said that Fauci is wrong on reopenings and the extent of the crisis.  Pretty much undermining Fauci at every tturn.  And reportedly the two don't talk and Fauci has been sidelined form TV and live meetings.  So ...

I think Fauci has been part of the problem and made serious mistakes and I would have replaced him.  The problem is that Trump wants to drop Fauci and replace him with more of a yesman stooge who will put political messaging ahead of health science.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42685 on: July 14, 2020, 05:00:09 AM »

Bart, I'm mostly here for the links and memes.

There's a lot of dysfunction and Ward will drain away your soul if you let him.
You don't see me get into any extended discussion/argument with him.
I mostly just ignore or skim his nonsense.
Some of you let these petty arguments go on for a long time.

But I do like the links and memes, charts and and such.  Information is always useful.  Plus Facil's snark is at a pretty high level, and about what Red/kid deserves.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42686 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:54 AM »

Stupid CNN headline #43

Oh, what makes that one stupid?

In what way is it overblown, given that Fauci has not given Trump a briefing in more than two months and is being prevented from going on television?

And given that the White House issued opposition research to the media, quoting past interviews Fauci did, often taking his words out of context, to try to give the impression that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Yes, the Trump Administration is trying to tell the public that their chief Epidemiologist doesn't know what he is doing in the middle of the most dangerous pandemic this country has faced in 100 years.

But yeah, any reports of a conflict are totally overblown.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42687 on: July 14, 2020, 07:17:43 AM »

Michelle Goldberg hits a question that I have asked here repeatedly squarely on the head:

But we know that the C.D.C. forecasts total deaths from Covid-19 to rise to as many as 160,000 just by the end of the month. Many times that number will have long-term medical complications, and a record 5.4 million people lost their health insurance between February and May. A generation of American kids will have their educations derailed, and many parents who don’t lose their jobs due to the economic crisis will see their careers ruined by the demands of child care.

The country’s international humiliation is total; historians may argue about when the American century began, but I doubt they’ll disagree about when it ended....

Yet somehow there’s no drumbeat of calls for the president’s resignation. People seem to feel too helpless. Protesters can make demands of governors and mayors, especially Democratic ones, because at the local level small-d democratic accountability still exists. Nationally such responsiveness is gone; no one expects the president to do his job, or to be held to account when he doesn’t. That’s how you know the country was broken before coronavirus ever arrived.

This suffering, your suffering, wasn’t inevitable. The coronavirus is a natural disaster. The Republican Party’s death-cult fealty to Trump is wholly man-made.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/opinion/us-coronavirus-trump.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42688 on: July 14, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »

Stupid CNN headline #43

Oh, what makes that one stupid?

What, other than a wish being father to your thoughts, is your basis for that? Several news agencies have received oppo dumps about Fauci from Trump people.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42689 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »

Normally, the SCOTUS does not issue its orders until 25 days after a decision is handed down. (I didn't know that!)

The Dems have asked them to speed it up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/democrats-supreme-court-trump-financial-documents-mazars/index.html
I have not looked at the SCOTUS rules of practice but I believe it is to allow for post decision motions, like requests for reconsideration.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!
Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 4288