Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010089 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43110 on: July 16, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »

Oh and kid still waiting for your plans for school re-openings, particularly in the nation's hot spots, (FL, TX, AZ) you seemed to demand from others.

Why would you think I would offer a plan?  Not my area of expertise or knowledge - and unlike others here ...cough...BO....I dont put forth such.

When I see the plan i will comment.  For now I like the administration's PREFERENCE to get kids IN SCHOOL when at all possible.

You demanded that others here offer their ideas, so it seemed fair I ask you the same question.

Really, you've not not one thought on how schools could re-open safely?  No risk mitigation thoughts or alternative plans crossed your lobotomized open-mind?

It is what it is, an empty vessel is an empty vessel. 

And kid as long as you are limiting yourself to your areas of expertise and knowledge, you probably shouldn't post in the knicks forum.

that's fair right?

heh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43111 on: July 16, 2020, 11:36:19 AM »

“When at all possible” is not a consideration the misadministration is factoring in. They are trying to fast track precautionless openings to juice the economy ahead of the election. They are ready to crawl over a mountain of child sized bodybags to retain power and avoid prosecution. The mental illness has permeated the whole hierarchy and trickled down into the rank and file.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43112 on: July 16, 2020, 11:38:45 AM »

Really, you've not not one thought on how schools could re-open safely?  No risk mitigation thoughts or alternative plans crossed your lobotomized open-mind?

That's not what you asked for.

One thing I do not favor is my child wearing a mask continuously - I assume except to eat, though that is not even a given - from 745 AM til 245 PM.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:09:41 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43113 on: July 16, 2020, 11:40:23 AM »

And kid as long as you are limiting yourself to your areas of expertise and knowledge, you probably shouldn't post in the knicks forum.

The forum you helped KILL - after I warned them about your presence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43114 on: July 16, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »

For now I like the administration's PREFERENCE to get kids IN SCHOOL when at all possible.

The preference should be to get kids in school when it is safe (/low enough risk). Hell, it's possible to open schools tomorrow and dump kids and teachers into them.  Is it safe or smart?  In most areas, likely not due to poorly controlled outbreaks and frequent transmission.

One think I do not favor is my child wearing a mask continuously - I assume except to eat, though that is not even a given - from 745 AM til 245 PM.

Then your kid shouldn't be in a classroom with other kids.  It's that simple to me.

About that "continuously" -- you can always conduct some classes outside, or institute some breaks where kids can go outside, take off their masks and keep distance from each other.  Build that into the daily routine.  So you get stuck wearing masks in class, but you get perhaps three 10 minute breaks where you get to go outside, which normally wouldn't be permitted, where you can chill, lower your mask, check out nature.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:56:08 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #43115 on: July 16, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »

One think I do not favor is my child wearing a mask continuously...

Enjoy your illness and convalescence, assuming you get that latter option.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43116 on: July 16, 2020, 11:58:10 AM »

The forum you helped KILL - after I warned them about your presence.

heh

kid get your lobotomy stitches tightened, what's left of your sub-compact sized brain is seeping away.

I had perefectly normal hoop chats with almost all of Elba's knick's fan.

I thought for the most part it was a well-informed group of knick fans.

But it was hard to miss the contempt almost all held for you.

But kid even your idiocy didn't kill the forum, I suspect it was more a combination of a Dolan-fed exasperation of franchise ineptitude for years and the Trumpdemic which sidelined the season.

I suspect if the NBA resumes, even as the knicks sit it out, the action in that forum will pick up.

In any case get the stitiches looked at.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43117 on: July 16, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »

Folks acting like Parscale reassignment is uncommon.  Funny.

I think folks are acting like replacing your campaign manager a little over 100 days from an election is not a sign that the campaign is going well.

And I think folks are right.

Last guy who quit campaign this late in 2016 went to jail.

Parscale still with the campaign in a key role

Remains to be seen how much Kushner is called upon this time out.

Kushner should have a time out.

A long one.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43118 on: July 16, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »

That's not what you asked for.

One think I do not favor is my child wearing a mask continuously - I assume except to eat, though that is not even a given - from 745 AM til 245 PM.

Kid I didn't ask for your white paper, or more likely your construction paper authoritative report drawn in crayon .

no one here presented a massively detailed approach to school re-openings.

I threw out some QnD alternatives, Josh, Needs, and Bo may have also.

This is a forum for ideas and you generally come up empty when challenged to provide workable ideas and solutions to problems.

SSDD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:07:28 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43119 on: July 16, 2020, 12:08:57 PM »

yet negative comments abound

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #43120 on: July 16, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »

For now I like the administration's PREFERENCE to get kids IN SCHOOL when at all possible.

The preference should be to get kids in school when it is safe.
Parents are the primary educators of their children.  To make an effective choice on how they need the schools to be open. Most areas of America are Safe and the COVID-19 risk to children is low and while the risk to teachers is more than manageable.
Parents are still free to make their own decisions( as they do when  bad weather strikes etc).
But the downside of not being in school can be lots more tragic than a bout with the virus.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:40:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43121 on: July 16, 2020, 12:13:49 PM »

I like how you can get criticized for offering a plan of containment.
Yet if you don't, then later you're told you're just providing useless hindsight. 

I think my track record on CV-19 has been pretty damn good.
Mostly because I'm speaking from experience and on topics I've read and studied up on (and consulted my doctor friends at times as well).

I haven't really read up on or thought through all the issues related to school openings or how the virus has infected/affected children.  I'm behind on those areas.  So I haven't offered too much beyond follow the guidelines drawn up by health care professionals.  But I am on record supporting masks and some degree of spacing/distancing in schools.  And not reopening schools just to reopen schools for political reasons (to temporarily help the economy and boost Trump's minimal odds of reelection), but reopening when and where it is safe. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:18:21 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43122 on: July 16, 2020, 12:13:55 PM »

When at all possible” is not a consideration the misadministration is factoring in. They are trying to fast track precautionless openings to juice the economy ahead of the election. They are ready to crawl over a mountain of child sized bodybags to retain power and avoid prosecution. The mental illness has permeated the whole hierarchy and trickled down into the rank and file.

So you KNOW what their plan is, Fac?    Heyyyyyy - Captain Knowledge...

I think Trump is mostly leaving it up to the states - as education usually goes -

is strongly suggesting while not requiring certain things (which is what you want him to do with masks, minimally)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43123 on: July 16, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »

yet negative comments abound

Because reopening schools, which most of us recognize are over-crowded almost by definition, in some areas where the virus is spreading like crazy, may represent a sub-optimal policy that could be improved upon.

and Devos and the Trump admin's approach was on public display Sunday AM and most people were shocked at her lack of a plan or guidance to deal with the likely problems that could/would arise.

So most normal people might have a few negative comments if they believe their children are being put at risk.

and some of the comments might be really negative if some people believe their children are being used as pawns in a political game.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:18:56 PM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43124 on: July 16, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »

I did like China's gradual school reopening.  Where first they opened high schools and middle schools only to the senior class in each.  So that they could divide classes into smaller groups (in Shanghai classes are usually 45-50 kids per room, the same size as an American classroom -- so roughly double or more than the student density found in the US).  After I think three weeks of such trial -- long enough to see if infections occurred -- they brought in other years.  So the abbreviated school year was finished.

I'm not sure if that is a good model for the US, but could be tried in some areas where the transmissions are still occurring and the case for reopening is shaky.  Localities where reopening schools is an iffy or borderline call, might initially try bringing in just one class year, dividing them into half-classes to allow for desk spacing, and if things go okay after a couple weeks, then adding other years later.

These are unusual times, and such a staggered schedule might help, as it would reduce risks, and also let schools get started with their new virus protocols with a reduced student population (1/3 to 1/4 normal).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 4288