Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010713 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43290 on: July 17, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »

Achtung, bitches!

Why in the hell is this not a bigger story? A major American city is being softly Pinochet’ed in broad daylight. And, if we know one thing, if this president* and his administration* get away with this, it will only get worse. You’d have to be out of your mind—or comatose since the Fall of 2016—not to suspect that this could be a dry run for the kind of general urban mobilization at which the president* has been hinting since this summer's protests began.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a33347230/portland-oregon-protesters-detained/?fbclid=IwAR04u9jfCaZ8VDjsoSgduz_y8fnvq82NKcFIowVmQzcXMDeOuoZXWiJMCvI
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43291 on: July 17, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »

Achtung, bitches!

Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.

The tactic appears to be another escalation in federal force deployed on Portland city streets, as federal officials and President Donald Trump have said they plan to “quell” nightly protests outside the federal courthouse and Multnomah County Justice Center that have lasted for more than six weeks.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

If you still support this Administration you too are a fucking Nazi.

CLEAN UP THE SEWER!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43292 on: July 17, 2020, 09:48:59 AM »

The United States is facing a once-in-a-generation deadly challenge and our "president" is talking about lightbulbs and beans.

And brutal teenage-mutilating gangs.  We cant have a crackdown on that.  They are just hungry.

barton

« Reply #43293 on: July 17, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43294 on: July 17, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »

Utah-king to me? You talking to me? Wear a mask?
Look at these idiots!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-meeting-masks-cancelled-when-residents-without-masks-pack-room-n1234017

Thanks for the link

A mother suggested that masks cut down on a person’s oxygen, and a father said COVID-19 is no different than the flu, according to the Tribune.

Another parent of two children, ages 10 and 3, said she is concerned that wearing a mask would teach her older child to fear the world and that both of her kids would not learn proper socialization if their faces were covered, the Tribune reported.

“It’s going to rewire their brains,” the mother said. “I’m especially not going to send my son back to have his mind broken.”

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43296 on: July 17, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/16/florida-gov-ron-desantis-coronavirus-media-fact-check-nr-vpx.cnn

DeSantis blames the media for the complacency of Floridians, claiming the media stopped asking him about the coronavirus.

Following in Trump's footsteps, "the buck stops over there, somewhere!"

His lies are illustrated.

And Florida voted for this asshole anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs

Speaking about assclown guvs;
Georgia Gov. Kemp sues Atlanta to block mandatory mask rule, saying local leaders want to 'undermine economic growth'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-gov-kemp-sues-atlanta-to-block-mandatory-mask-rule-other-edicts

“This lawsuit is on behalf of the Atlanta business owners and their hardworking employees who are struggling to survive during these difficult times,” Kemp said in a statement. “These men and women are doing their very best to put food on the table for their families while local elected officials shutter businesses and undermine economic growth.”

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43297 on: July 17, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/16/florida-gov-ron-desantis-coronavirus-media-fact-check-nr-vpx.cnn

DeSantis blames the media for the complacency of Floridians, claiming the media stopped asking him about the coronavirus.

Following in Trump's footsteps, "the buck stops over there, somewhere!"

His lies are illustrated.

And Florida voted for this asshole anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs

Speaking about assclown guvs;
Georgia Gov. Kemp sues Atlanta to block mandatory mask rule, saying local leaders want to 'undermine economic growth'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-gov-kemp-sues-atlanta-to-block-mandatory-mask-rule-other-edicts

“This lawsuit is on behalf of the Atlanta business owners and their hardworking employees who are struggling to survive during these difficult times,” Kemp said in a statement. “These men and women are doing their very best to put food on the table for their families while local elected officials shutter businesses and undermine economic growth.”

"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43298 on: July 17, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »

https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/student-gop-leader-says-president-trump-has-let-us-all-down-87756870002?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1Acs0zdOTRqwqUlXJHRi58ALp6zT5p1eUQrad9LfsIEd7pthubnB-qdHE

This young man doesnt know how things work - or is just bad at getting things done

You are head of a REPUBLICAN group of students.  The move would have been to get Trump out and Pence or someone else in for the 2020 election - not tell people to vote for the other side

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43299 on: July 17, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »

Israel's May 17 school reopening was partly political, timed to coincide with the newly announced coalition gov't which would keep Bibi in power and out of jail.  But at least when it proved dangerous and a 2nd outbreak started, the gov't has taken credible measures:

Israel has reimposed sweeping restrictions in response to a new surge in coronavirus cases, including weekend closures of many businesses and the limiting of all restaurants to takeout and delivery.

The government announced the restrictions early Friday after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said “interim steps” were needed to avoid another general lockdown.

All gyms and exercise studios will be closed except for use by competitive athletes. Restaurants will no longer be allowed to have on-site seating and beaches will be closed on weekends beginning later this month.

Stores, malls, barber shops, beauty salons and tourist sites will also be closed on weekends. Public gatherings will be limited to 10 people indoors or 20 outside.

By late May, Israel had largely contained its outbreak following a two-month lockdown. But cases have soared in the weeks since restrictions were lifted, with Israel reporting around 1,900 new cases on Thursday alone. At least 384 people have died since the outbreak began.

That's all that was needed in China too, a two month tight lockdown, followed by a gradual reopening.  It seems Israel didn't reopen carefully enough.  So they have to take a step back.
Seems pretty reasonable.  Though they should have kept politics out of it -- that didn't help.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43300 on: July 17, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »

A mother suggested that masks cut down on a person’s oxygen, and a father said COVID-19 is no different than the flu, according to the Tribune.

Another parent of two children, ages 10 and 3, said she is concerned that wearing a mask would teach her older child to fear the world and that both of her kids would not learn proper socialization if their faces were covered, the Tribune reported.

“It’s going to rewire their brains,” the mother said. “I’m especially not going to send my son back to have his mind broken.”

Stupid and selfish people.
It's a temporary measure to meet what should be a temporary dangerous threat.
Proper socialization is protecting yourself and others from you.  It's responsible to take precautions instead of being part of the problem.  Why don't they teach their children responsibility and shared sacrifice for a greater good.  And following public health best practices.

I've thought of mask wearing as a courtesy to others to let them know that I am being responsible and careful and that it's safe to be around me.  In Shanghai I'm in the 50% who still wear a mask into all stores and places of business.

The US has been a huge deadly embarrassment.  And amazingly it's snowballing.  Unreal.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:21:16 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43301 on: July 17, 2020, 10:21:16 AM »

Also I anticipate that a fair number on the Right will just stay home, too disgusted to vote Trump.  Which could be important for close Senate races.  I don't see this being talked about.  I see the counter-theory that some Trump supporters won't admit supporting him in public but will vote for him in private. But I imagine a fair chunk of GOP backers realize what a disaster Trump has been and will just sit out the election.

To what end?

You would need a much better candidate to pull that off

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43302 on: July 17, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »

To what end?

To remove Trump from power.
Some on the Right just might not like watching their country go down the toilet.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43303 on: July 17, 2020, 10:26:26 AM »

To remove Trump from power.

And hand it to the current Dem party, led by Sleepy Joe?

Like I said - you needed a better guy.

Tell me  - why didnt Clinton run again?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43304 on: July 17, 2020, 10:33:31 AM »

Biden is fairly moderate, low key, harks back to the no-drama Obama era.
Knows how an administration is run and knows everyone in politics, so can hit the ground running, which will be needed.  Much, much better than more Trump chaos.

Biden works fairly well for these times, and doesn't frighten (m)any.
Clinton had her shot.  Nearly won. 

Do you think the US would be better or worse off if Hillary had been president the past 4 years instead of Trump?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 4288