Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2887 2888 [2889] 2890 2891 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010701 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43321 on: July 17, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »

Asking shop customers to wear masks is not shuttering the shop,  you mindless partisan puppet.

No, you're the puppet!

Man, did Clinton turn out to be right in that exchange, boy howdy.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43322 on: July 17, 2020, 12:56:34 PM »

Kayleigh McEnany: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of Reopening Schools

"We believe this President has great approval in this country. His historic Covid response speaks for itself."

Half of that sentence is correct. She got something right, in spite of herself.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43323 on: July 17, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »

Achtung, bitches!

Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.

The tactic appears to be another escalation in federal force deployed on Portland city streets, as federal officials and President Donald Trump have said they plan to “quell” nightly protests outside the federal courthouse and Multnomah County Justice Center that have lasted for more than six weeks.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

If you still support this Administration you too are a fucking Nazi.

CLEAN UP THE SEWER!

"No matter what laws you have to break to do it!" say Trump and Kid.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43324 on: July 17, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »

The United States is facing a once-in-a-generation deadly challenge and our "president" is talking about lightbulbs and beans.

And brutal teenage-mutilating gangs.  We cant have a crackdown on that.  They are just hungry.

And kidnapping governmental agencies locking kids up illegally.

But that's okay with you.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43325 on: July 17, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/16/florida-gov-ron-desantis-coronavirus-media-fact-check-nr-vpx.cnn

DeSantis blames the media for the complacency of Floridians, claiming the media stopped asking him about the coronavirus.

Following in Trump's footsteps, "the buck stops over there, somewhere!"

His lies are illustrated.

And Florida voted for this asshole anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs

Speaking about assclown guvs;
Georgia Gov. Kemp sues Atlanta to block mandatory mask rule, saying local leaders want to 'undermine economic growth'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-gov-kemp-sues-atlanta-to-block-mandatory-mask-rule-other-edicts

“This lawsuit is on behalf of the Atlanta business owners and their hardworking employees who are struggling to survive during these difficult times,” Kemp said in a statement. “These men and women are doing their very best to put food on the table for their families while local elected officials shutter businesses and undermine economic growth.”

And to hell with the pandemic. We'll just bull our way through it, even though there is not yet a sign that "through" is possible.

"We're for small government, except when we want more power," said Brian Kemp by his actions.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43326 on: July 17, 2020, 01:04:37 PM »

https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/student-gop-leader-says-president-trump-has-let-us-all-down-87756870002?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1Acs0zdOTRqwqUlXJHRi58ALp6zT5p1eUQrad9LfsIEd7pthubnB-qdHE

This young man doesnt know how things work - or is just bad at getting things done

You are head of a REPUBLICAN group of students.  The move would have been to get Trump out and Pence or someone else in for the 2020 election - not tell people to vote for the other side

Except that Pence and the vast majority of your party are in line behind Trump and there is no reason to expect better from them.

Take Kid and Ward, for example, who will almost never say a word against anything Trump does and will sing his praises with as little logic as McEnany uses or Spicer, for example.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43327 on: July 17, 2020, 01:06:05 PM »

Also I anticipate that a fair number on the Right will just stay home, too disgusted to vote Trump.  Which could be important for close Senate races.  I don't see this being talked about.  I see the counter-theory that some Trump supporters won't admit supporting him in public but will vote for him in private. But I imagine a fair chunk of GOP backers realize what a disaster Trump has been and will just sit out the election.

To what end?

You would need a much better candidate to pull that off

Because they cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump, but they would never vote for a Democrat.

"You would need"

Which you is that?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43328 on: July 17, 2020, 01:08:18 PM »

To remove Trump from power.

And hand it to the current Dem party, led by Sleepy Joe?

Like I said - you needed a better guy.

Tell me  - why didnt Clinton run again?

Because the derangement that your party intentionally nurtured coupled with sexism and Comey has made her almost as unpopular at this state as Trump is.

And she's more of a patriot than Trump, Pence, McConnell, McCarthy, Hannity, Limbaugh, you, and Ward combined and multiplied by 100.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43329 on: July 17, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »

Because the derangement that your party intentionally nurtured coupled with sexism and Comey has made her almost as unpopular at this state as Trump is.

Is this true?  I haven't seen recent polling on her popularity, but my sense is that if she was running in 2020 she would win in a walk.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43330 on: July 17, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »

Is this true?  I haven't seen recent polling on her popularity, but my sense is that if she was running in 2020 she would win in a walk.

Latest poll on her popularity has it still in the trash.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43331 on: July 17, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »

“This lawsuit is on behalf of the Atlanta business owners and their hardworking employees who are struggling to survive during these difficult times,” Kemp said in a statement. “These men and women are doing their very best to put food on the table for their families while local elected officials shutter businesses and undermine economic growth.”

Asking shop customers to wear masks is not shuttering the shop,  you mindless partisan puppet.   Would you demand similar  "freedom " for barefoot hillbillies who traipse around in hookworm-infested barnyards?   (hookworms easily transmissible through bare soles)   No-shoes policies all to be revoked?

Bottoms was taking ATL back to Phase 1, where many stores could not be open

Pay better attention.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #43332 on: July 17, 2020, 02:18:45 PM »

Lawsuit specifically targets mask requirement.   Which does not close businesses,  and which many businesses follow anyway because customers then know they're safer.

Pay better attention.

barton

« Reply #43333 on: July 17, 2020, 02:23:36 PM »

And,  again,  I ask the question:  revoke all no-shoes policies,  too?   Mustn't discriminate against yokels with hookworm.   

Pants?   What about the freedom of nudists to leave occasional E. Coli rich brown streaks on public seating?   

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43334 on: July 17, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »

Why are teachers and parents afraid of their schools reopening?!

This kind of thing:

Yesterday MCPS held a two hour town hall sponsored by my teacher’s union. I now feel terrified. My school district is saying one thing to the parents and a very different thing to the teachers working with the union & school district staff to negotiate how school will look this fall.

Publicly, MCPS is telling parents that they are buying PPE. But in the committees working on school re-opening, MCPS says they’ll provide two cloth masks to each student and staff member. These are the masks that will be provided for the year. Two. Masks. For. The. Year.

Publicly, MCPS says they’ll step up the cleaning efforts to make sure schools are sanitized and safe for students and staff. But in committee meetings with teachers, MCPS says they won’t be hiring new building services to clean the schools. Bathrooms will be cleaned once daily, as they are now. Classrooms will be cleaned as teachers and students are able. Teachers won’t be given extra cleaning supplies, either, because “MCPS doesn’t have a pot of gold.”

Publicly, MCPS says they’ll do all they can to keep ALL students safe. In committee meetings, MCPS repeatedly says individual schools & PTAs can provide additional safety measures. This means safety will be determined by the zip code in which students live. Wealthier schools & PTAs will be able to do more for their students. This should NOT be the case.

My superintendent, Dr Jack Smith, promised my union’s Board of Directors that he wouldn’t force teachers to return, if they feel unsafe. Since that meeting, MCPS has rejected any proposed plans providing for teacher choice.

As a parent and a teacher these plans horrify me. These are not plans made with science and health metrics in mind. These are not plans that will keep our students and school staff safe.

I encourage everyone to contact our Board of Education to express safety concerns
Pages: 1 ... 2887 2888 [2889] 2890 2891 ... 4288