Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 [2893] 2894 2895 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010675 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43380 on: July 17, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »

A room full of them.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2020/07/15/packed-meeting-utah/?fbclid=IwAR26CPNDaTcSBjqkCfBDuaQrkdcudzfpqZvLERETS6OipEdCQZIkf4mVEvM

Okay, so wearing masks is a violation of your right to spit on your neighbors. I get that, for all that it's stupid.

But insisting on sitting in places marked to be empty? There is no freedom that is involved. That's pure self-indulgence even beyond the mask cluelessness.

Looked like a full house

Nothing like a full room of loud maskless people sitting right next to each other, Kid.

p.s. You do understand that it was full with a half or a third that many sitting there and the rest should simply not have been allowed it, don't you?! Please tell me that you get it.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43381 on: July 17, 2020, 09:00:36 PM »

I’d consider tossing them peanuts if I found them exhibited at the zoo. That’s as much as I got for Scott, Josh, and Jenny. I definitely wouldn’t take them home. To hard to clean off the coal dust.

New from the Lincoln Project

http://youtu.be/nn1bjfOFICY

You probably wouldn't like them anyway.
They stop people smugglers and their customers.
They manage money well, don't just blow it on crazy leftist 'drunken sailor' spending...refer the lot from 2007 to 2012/13.
They seal borders.
They help the People when necessary.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/income-support-will-continue-frydenberg/ar-BB16SsbL?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Income support will continue: Frydenberg

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg says some form of "income support" will continue when the federal government's JobKeeper wage subsidy ends at the end of September.
"There will be another phase of income support," Mr Frydenberg told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, adding that "maintaining business and household confidence is going to be critical".

Tourism, arts and recreation, hospitality and aviation were key industries that needed support, he said.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:20:42 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43382 on: July 17, 2020, 09:07:20 PM »

heh

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43383 on: July 17, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

A room full of them.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2020/07/15/packed-meeting-utah/?fbclid=IwAR26CPNDaTcSBjqkCfBDuaQrkdcudzfpqZvLERETS6OipEdCQZIkf4mVEvM

Okay, so wearing masks is a violation of your right to spit on your neighbors. I get that, for all that it's stupid.

But insisting on sitting in places marked to be empty? There is no freedom that is involved. That's pure self-indulgence even beyond the mask cluelessness.

Its Utah Josh-that's one nuclear family, you know a lot of sister-wives.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43384 on: July 17, 2020, 09:23:22 PM »

A room full of them.

Its Utah Josh-that's one nuclear family, you know a lot of sister-wives.

Speaking of stereotyping!
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43385 on: July 17, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »

"In a hospital, there are only so many places to put bodies... We're out of space, and our funeral homes are out of space, and we need those beds. So, when someone dies, we need to quickly turn that bed over," Davis said. 

Not "almost out of space."

In Nueces County, which includes the city of Corpus Christi, there have been 6,427 confirmed cases. The county's medical examiner, Dr. Adel Shaker, told the Texas Tribune late last week that he requested an extra morgue trailer, provided by FEMA.

The publication reported that the morgue in the county was full. The morgue building has a 12-body capacity, and the refrigerated trucks would accommodated up to 40 more bodies, the Texas Tribune reported

Full. Not "almost full."

Yes, some are doing it in advance.

But it seems others are doing it based on immediate need, as I previously stated.

Can you admit you were wrong, Kid?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43386 on: July 17, 2020, 09:33:32 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-53427014

Jen Reid: Bristol Black Lives Matter statue removed

A sculpture of a Black Lives Matter protester has been removed from the plinth where a statue of slave trader Edward Colston once stood.
The sculpture of Jen Reid was erected on Wednesday but removed by Bristol City Council just over 24 hours later.

Ms Reid had been photographed standing on the empty plinth after the Colston statue was pulled down during protests.
Mayor Marvin Rees said it was up to the people of Bristol to decide what would replace Colston's statue.

#####

Indeed.

Echo4

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43388 on: July 17, 2020, 10:07:50 PM »

The coronavirus is hitting particularly hard in the southern part of the state, which has a higher Hispanic population and lower incomes on average compared with the rest of Texas. That has local officials concerned. Epidemiologists have found that Black and Hispanic people have been dying at a disproportionately higher rate from COVID-19 than White people.

Officials in Hidalgo and Starr counties, near the Mexican border, have previously warned that their hospitals were already at full capacity and urged residents to shelter in place and avoid large gatherings. Hidalgo County reported 150 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday, more than triple the number since July 1, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Don’t even have to build the gas chambers or make the ZyklonB.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43389 on: July 17, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams told “Outnumbered Overtime” Friday that the NYPD's decision to disband its plainclothes anti-crime unit has made law enforcement in the city "predictable."

Policing operates off of two mechansims," said Adams, a former NYPD officer and the most prominent Black politician in New York City. "One is the omnipresence of blue and white vehicles, and the other is the element of uncertainty, that bad guys can't believe that policing is a predictable model.

Not having plainclothes, in my belief, on the precinct level, where you can have good supervision ... [means] you’re taking away the element of surprise. Policing cannot be predictable and right now it is predictable for those bad guys that carry guns.”

Duh!

How many times we gonna rehash that?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43390 on: July 17, 2020, 10:14:36 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43391 on: July 17, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43392 on: July 17, 2020, 10:20:13 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-07-07/kareem-abdul-jabbar-anti-racism-movement

I respect him so much.

I remember when he was hated like Ali.

Yup. But I loved his game from UCLA on. And I've loved his mind through his political speech and through his Holmesian fiction. The man can write and think.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43393 on: July 17, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/kansas-congressman-forced-leave-committees-charges-71842836

Even though he was forced to leave his committee assignment, he felt the need to lie about it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #43394 on: July 17, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams told “Outnumbered Overtime” Friday that the NYPD's decision to disband its plainclothes anti-crime unit has made law enforcement in the city "predictable."

Policing operates off of two mechansims," said Adams, a former NYPD officer and the most prominent Black politician in New York City. "One is the omnipresence of blue and white vehicles, and the other is the element of uncertainty, that bad guys can't believe that policing is a predictable model.

Not having plainclothes, in my belief, on the precinct level, where you can have good supervision ... [means] you’re taking away the element of surprise. Policing cannot be predictable and right now it is predictable for those bad guys that carry guns.”

Duh!

How many times we gonna rehash that?
ask Mr. Adams.
Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 [2893] 2894 2895 ... 4288