Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010499 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43440 on: July 18, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

We're not going to be wiped out by this pandemic, given what we know so far.

3 claps for Echo

huh?

Echo

Yeah, you really struggle with my warning of more than 200,000 dead and "wiped out." I get that, Kid.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43441 on: July 18, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »

Mike Pence on John Lewis:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/vice-president-pence-statement-passing-congressman-john-lewis/

Kid, do you get that Trump is an ineloquent, insensitive jerk? The best he could was a grammatically incorrect very brief tweet.

Congressman John Lewis was a great man whose courage and decades of public service changed America forever, and he will be deeply missed. John Lewis will be remembered as a giant of the civil rights movement whose selflessness and conviction rendered our nation into a more perfect union and his example will inspire generations of Americans.

While John Lewis will be rightly remembered as an icon of the civil rights movement, for me he was also a colleague and a friend. Even when we differed, John was always unfailingly kind and my family and I will never forget the privilege of crossing the Edmund Pettus Bridge at his side on the 45th anniversary of Bloody Sunday.

Karen and I and send our prayers and deepest sympathies to his family and friends and all who mourn the passing of this good and great man. May God bless the memory of John Lewis and may his example ever inspire.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43442 on: July 18, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »

CBS posted GWB's response, which he'd posted to FB:

Laura and I join our fellow Americans in mourning the loss of Congressman John Lewis. As a young man marching for equality in Selma, Alabama, John answered brutal violence with courageous hope. And throughout his career as a civil rights leader and public servant, he worked to make our country a more perfect union. America can best honor John's memory by continuing his journey toward liberty and justice for all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43443 on: July 18, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »

3 claps for Echo

huh?

Echo

Yeah, you really struggle with my warning of more than 200,000 dead and "wiped out." I get that, Kid.

hmmmm?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43444 on: July 18, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »

3 claps for Echo

huh?

Echo

hmmmm?

Kid given all you know about the pandemic what grade would you give the president's handling of this crisis so far?

And Incomplete is not an answer.

On this scale with this criteria-What's your grade?

And anyone can play and add to the grading criteria

A-the highest-a complete and thorough handling of the crisis to date
B-above average-more successes than failures-provided leadership, policies, guidance, efficient and timely resource allocation, efforts were mostly successful in controlling CV

C-average effort
D-below average provided inadequate leadership, was late to react, there was no discernible policies etc. poor decisons in general to control spread of disease
F-failure

I'm thinking in between D and an F
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 05:58:49 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43445 on: July 18, 2020, 05:55:47 PM »

Let’s not forget that while all this is going on, trump continues to allow Putin to put bounties on the heads of American soldiers without an action or a harsh word in their defense.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43446 on: July 18, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43447 on: July 18, 2020, 06:20:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/politics/cdc-funding-white-house-senate-republicans/index.html

The Senate GOP wants more money for the CDC for testing and tracing.

The White House does not.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43448 on: July 18, 2020, 06:24:08 PM »

In big news out of the White House:

Trump tells supporters that telephone rallies will replace large, in-person events until the “Covid-19 problem” is solved

This is a major change in position and overdue. Regardless of his reasons, I applaud the decision.

During his first tele-rally, he said:
"I wanted to be with you, and this is really replacing our rallies that we all love so much, we had great rallies in Wisconsin and all over the country, and unfortunately until this gets solved, and we're doing really well with the therapeutics and vaccines, but until that gets solved it's going to be tough to have those big massive rallies, so I'm doing telephonic rallies, and we'll call them the Trump Rallies, but we'll do it by telephone and we have a lot of people on the line and I appreciate it."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:26:38 PM by Echo4 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43449 on: July 18, 2020, 06:28:51 PM »

More folks being led around by the nose, no doubt.

Infectious diseases association in Brazil calls for doctors to abandon hydroxychloroquine as Covid-19 treatment

A report published Friday from the Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases, urges medical professionals to stop using hydroxychloroquine on patients to treat coronavirus, emphasizing that clinicians should focus on effective therapies and resources that are currently lacking in Brazil, like anesthetics, ventilators and additional testing.

The report, from Brazil’s most prominent association of infectious diseases experts, states hydroxychloroquine must be abandoned as a treatment for Covid-19 and underlines that "public agencies should stop spending money on treatments which have been proven to be ineffective and that can cause collateral effects."

The association's recommendation contradicts President Jair Bolsonaro's public push for the drug. Bolsonaro posted a television report on his Twitter account on Saturday in favor of the medicine for treating the virus.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43450 on: July 18, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »

Kid given all you know about the pandemic what grade would you give the president's handling of this crisis so far?

And Incomplete is not an answer

b plus

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43451 on: July 18, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

"Eighty-five infants under the age of 12 months have tested positive for coronavirus in one Texas county."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43452 on: July 18, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/washington-police-officer-killed-fellow-officer/index.html

Understand that this is still a tragedy. That he was shot by a fellow officer changes the focus, but not the underlying truth - one life was ended, but another has taken a very hard turn. I hope the shooting officer gets the support needed to recover emotionally, as surely as that the family of the slain officer gets what they need.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43453 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »

Re Bo's question about Chinese inquiries about Trump's Covid-19 side benefits.

My response to knicks a couple of months ago.

Fair question...

Is every white senior citizen stupid or do they hear in all this talk of war and sacrifice that they’re considered collateral damage and acceptable losses?

Acceptable losses?

Speaking as a white senior, we are the preferred losses. Losing one of us white seniors who (at 66-70+) may have another 15-18 years of social security benefits and subsidized health care benefits through Medicare. If covid-19 kills enough of us, the Repubs don't have to worry about funding SS/MC payments and can go back to looting the treasury.

Motherfuckers want us dead.

Was that a fair answer?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43454 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »

Let’s not forget that while all this is going on, trump continues to allow Putin to put bounties on the heads of American soldiers without an action or a harsh word in their defense.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 4288